BLT for Thanksgiving

intertile

DIS Veteran
I am planning a trip for Thanksgiving 2013 at BLT. By the time I buy resale and close I'll probably be at 7-8 months from travel date...anyone have any experience with BLT this time of year? am I likely to get a 2-bedroom villa Lake or theme park view?

Thanks in advance.

My best guess is that you will be able to get a lake view, but not theme park view. You'll need to book before the 7 month window opens. Once the 7 month window opens, that week will book up very quickly.

Hope your resale journey goes quickly!

FWIW, there are currently no 2BR showing available at BLT for the Tues/Wed/Th/Fr of Thanksgiving week.

Granted, things change all the time but I would have a back-up plan for now. You can always waitlist later once you are in the system.

FWIW, there are currently no 2BR showing available at BLT for the Tues/Wed/Th/Fr of Thanksgiving week.

Granted, things change all the time but I would have a back-up plan for now. You can always waitlist later once you are in the system.

Thanks, appreciate the heads up. The more time goes by, the more I am hesitant about buying at BLT...I'm beginning to fall in love with BWV and BCV. Actually now thinking about holding off on my add-on until after Thanksgiving. I may book at BCV, and tour BLT and BWV on one of our days there. I was so nostalgic about the Contemporary that I was ready to just purchase, and now am rethinking the need/importance of a monorail hotel. UGH, impulse buying is so much easier than thinking it through, lol.

Does anyone have any idea on the likelihood that a Thanksgiving week wait list will come through? We're looking at a studio, view doesn't matter . Right now Tuesday -Friday are not available. Should I book & wait list those or just consider a different time?

(We own at BLT & DS will be 18 months so I LOVE being able to walk home at night). Also, trying to wait as long as we can to save $$ for the trip, I get paid weekly, so every week means a little more spending money! But there's so little time between thanksgiving & Christmas this year ..,

I did Thanksgiving weekend in 2011. We booked SSR and waitlisted BLT for a 1 bedroom. Never became available. Wednesday and Thursday were the 2 days with no availability. That Sunday was MVMCP and I believe that Friday was the candlelight event at Epcot.

The more time goes by, the more I am hesitant about buying at BLT...I'm beginning to fall in love with BWV and BCV.

You'll hear it here all the time... buy where you want to stay (especially if you are going resale).

If you are unsure about your choice I think waiting until you can visit both again is a good idea. I know there are arguments to act in order to avoid price increases but I think its more important to look at the big picture & make sure you will be happy with your choice for many years to come.

Ask yourself, "if the rules change & I were only able to stay at XYZ Resort for the next 30-40-50 years, would I still be happy?"

Ask yourself, "if the rules change & I were only able to stay at XYZ Resort for the next 30-40-50 years, would I still be happy?"

I know. The more I think of it, I think I will wait for my trip and make a point of visiting all three resorts again.

I know. The more I think of it, I think I will wait for my trip and make a point of visiting all three resorts again.

BLT is a nice resort, we own there and at BCV, BWV, VWL, and AKV. For us going to WDW is getting away from from the daily grind, an escape if you would.

BLT is more like staying a any hotel anywhere with it's theming, not our favorite.

I suggest that you take your time and don't rush to buy BLT as we did. Do some split stays over the next few years and try the resorts out for yourself. The prices will only get cheaper as time goes on.

:earsboy: Bill

Sounds like good advice ...I got the addonitis, and just wanted to buy. No real rush I guess.

I think if you get your points before 7 months, you'll have more than a 50/50 chance. That said, your most likely scenario is to get some, but not all dates.... So you may stay at BLT for 3 or 4 nights, and stay elsewhere for the rest of the trip if that interests you

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter