BLT - 2 bedroom standard or lock-off? Which one is for me?

Discussion in 'DVC-Mousecellaneous' started by Disneydrmr, Jan 27, 2012.

1. Disneydrmr

Disneydrmr Earning My Ears

I am new to DVC so am getting use to all the ins and outs and could sure use some help. I've searched on these boards and can't find a specific answer to my question. We've stayed at WDW properties but never a DVC property.

I will be soon booking our first home resort DVC vacation and will be requesting a 2 bedroom at BLT. I see that my options are a standard or lock-off.

There will be 6 adults (Me, DH, DS (22) and guest (22), DD (20) and guest (20).

Is there any advantage to one type over the other.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Can't wait to get your input.

:surfweb:

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. dbs1228

dbs1228 DIS Veteran

Yes a lock off is going to have a pull out sofa and queen bed in the 2nd bedroom vs. 2 queen beds in a standard. I have 3 DD's and always get the 2 queen beds, more sleeping room. There is also a pull out sofa bed in living room and a pull out sleeper chair. The lock off is basically a studio room pull out and queen, mini kitchen, separate entrance attached to a 1 bedroom unit.

Enjoy love BLT!

4. Chellymouse

Chellymouse DIS Veteran

We've always had a dedicated 2BR when we've used one and find that no one had a problem with only 1 door entrance. The room is large and nice. The second bedroom had 2 queen beds, it's own bath with the standards, a large vanity with double sinks, pleny of storage space, flat screen tv and a small table and chairs.

5. rlovew

rlovew Moderator Moderator

Your options are dedicated or lock-off two bedroom in 3 different view categories- standard, lake view, and theme park view are all views and all of them come in both dedicated and lock-off 2 bedrooms.

I would say whether you want a dedicated 2 bedroom or not may depend on your sleeping arrangements. If all 4 of the children want bed space then you will want dedicated- they can sleep in the room with the 2 queen beds. If they would rather all sleep in sperate beds it may not matter as 2 would be in the bedroom with one in each bed or one on the bed couch and the other 2 would be in the living area with 1 on the couch and 1 on the sleeper chair.

6. Deb & Bill

Deb & Bill DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

If you get a lockoff, the second bedroom will be a studio. The tiny, tiny BLT studio. Not sure how you are planning on using the second bedroom, but it won't hold four adults. It will barely hold two adults.

The dedicated will be better for six adults.

7. tara98

tara98 Mouseketeer

I would go with the dedicated 2 BR if you want/need more space, the lock off (studio part) is very small.

8. Disneydrmr

Disneydrmr Earning My Ears

Thanks for your quick replies. I'm hoping for a 2 bedroom dedicated standard view....fingers crossed that there is availability at my 11 month mark.

9. dbs1228

dbs1228 DIS Veteran

Not sure when you are looking to go but you can book on line as early as 8:00AM eastern time at 11 months and you should have no problem getting what you want! Good luck.

10. spiceycat

spiceycat <font color=blue>Own at BWV, VWL and BLT<br><font

not sure there is a dedicated standard 2-bedroom.

here the list
    http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2257082

of course this will change when we learn what has been moved from MK to Standard view.

looks like right now it is only 44 or 30 - 44 on first floor, and 30 on the second???

11. dbs1228

dbs1228 DIS Veteran

What does this mean? I just booked a 2 bedroom dedicated standard for Dec 22 thru Jan 3rd?

Okay I think I see what you are saying very limited dedicated in that category! I did not realize it. Not sure I want to stay on the 1st or 2nd floor I love hanging on the balcony!

12. spiceycat

spiceycat <font color=blue>Own at BWV, VWL and BLT<br><font

they are moving several villas that were the MK views to standard views - so you might get one of them.