BLT 1 std view bedroom at 11 months?

jlovesee

DIS Veteran
Hi all,
We own at BLT and I am already planning for Jan 2017 (not as far away as you think!), and I have enough points for five nights in a standard view BLT 1 bedroom from Wednesday through Sunday of Marathon weekend. I have booked standard view studios before, I admit to having walked that reservation, but due to only having 150 available BLT points I don't think walking would be an option this time. What do you think of my odds as long as I am online at 8am at 11 months to book?

Thanks in advance!

Jennifer

If it ends up being like marathon weekend for 2016, you should assume there may be issues. Unlike most other room views at the DVC resorts, the BLT standard 1BRs often fill before studios. In 2016, the Wedneday of Marathon weekend is January 6. Both January 6 and January 7 were filled as to BLT standard 1BRs by end of the day February 3, 2015, meaning those with a Sunday, January 3, arrival date (or those who began walking with that date) filled them.

Last edited:
I tried at exactly 11 months for 1bd std for the week after Thanksgiving, and it booked up instantly. I was forced to take a studio. This may happen to you depending on your Jan dates, so just be ready to click right at the stroke of 8.

hmm this is what I was afraid of, so I have been looking at some options. Thinking my backup is booking thru-sun lake view 1 bedroom and then at 7 months book the wednesday, do you think that would be too much of a problem? Im just thinking the wednesday will be the easiest to get at 7 months.

Jennifer

Maybe we've just been lucky, but in 5 late December-early January stays in a standard view 1-bdrm at BLT, only once have I had to do a split stay with some nights in a lake view. In fact, we'll be there Jan 3-10 2016 in a room I booked at 8:00am at my 11 month window. Good luck!

Why wouldn't you be able to walk the reservation? Your reservation includes Friday and Saturday nights, the more expensive point nights. So you should be able to walk the reservation from what I've read that you shared.

I thought to walk you had to have enough points to book 7 nights (the max you can book at 11 months), I only have enough points for 5 nights, so would it be beneficial for me to book sat-wed, then call in each day and add an additional day?

Jennifer

I thought to walk you had to have enough points to book 7 nights (the max you can book at 11 months), I only have enough points for 5 nights, so would it be beneficial for me to book sat-wed, then call in each day and add an additional day?

Jennifer
As long as you have the 11-month day, you can walk. You could book 5 days, and then call on the fifth day to move it five days later. You don't have to "walk" every single day.

As long as you book first thing at your qq month window, you should be fine. I agree with booking more than you need and canceling later.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter