BLT/1 BR- closet space?

Mary Diehl

DIS Veteran
We'll be staying at BLT in a 1 BR and was wondering what type of closet space is available. Bigger rooms still tend to lack in closet space. I have alot of clothes to hang up for the 4 of us. If anyone knows, it would be helpful and appreciated. Thanks!

I have learned over the years that with the laundry facilities in the rooms, we pack less than we normally would. We used to overpack all the time, and I would rather wash at the end of the night if need be. I have never had any room not have enough closet space. there are always drawers available too. I cant speak for blt though.

According to the floor plans I've seen in threads like this one
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2131698&highlight=blt+floor+plan
it appears that there are two closets in the one bedroom, and neither of them are huge. One is just inside the front door, and the other is just inside the master bedroom door. I've been used to the big walk in closets at the other DVC resorts in the one bedrooms, primarily for storing the luggage, so I'll be interested to see for myself how large they are.

I echo the plan to pack less and plan to do laundry. They provide Tide laundry detergent (a one load box per day if you have a cash reservation) so I usually just pack a box of dryer sheets. I take enough clothes for about four days, and do laundry either in the evening or when I'm getting ready to go out in the morning.

According to the floor plans I've seen in threads like this one
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2131698&highlight=blt+floor+plan
it appears that there are two closets in the one bedroom, and neither of them are huge. One is just inside the front door, and the other is just inside the master bedroom door. I've been used to the big walk in closets at the other DVC resorts in the one bedrooms, primarily for storing the luggage, so I'll be interested to see for myself how large they are.

I echo the plan to pack less and plan to do laundry. They provide Tide laundry detergent (a one load box per day if you have a cash reservation) so I usually just pack a box of dryer sheets. I take enough clothes for about four days, and do laundry either in the evening or when I'm getting ready to go out in the morning.

that one by the front door will have the vacuum cleaner and that stuff in it, so it won't be completely usable, but I think the bed room one will have enough space for most.

that one by the front door will have the vacuum cleaner and that stuff in it, so it won't be completely usable, but I think the bed room one will have enough space for most.

Yes, I was kind of thinking that would be the case. Although, I had the same thing at the FW cabins last April (very small closet with vacuum and other items stored in it) and I was still able to hang shirts or other items of similar length. You just couldn't hang anything longer without it getting in the way.

Since I pack lighter, I don't need so much hanging space, but I really like to put the luggage "out of sight - out of mind" so I'm hoping there's enough room in the bedroom closet to do that. There will probably be two large suitcases, a carry on size, and a luggage cart - hopefully they'll fit OK.

Yes, I was kind of thinking that would be the case. Although, I had the same thing at the FW cabins last April (very small closet with vacuum and other items stored in it) and I was still able to hang shirts or other items of similar length. You just couldn't hang anything longer without it getting in the way.

Since I pack lighter, I don't need so much hanging space, but I really like to put the luggage "out of sight - out of mind" so I'm hoping there's enough room in the bedroom closet to do that. There will probably be two large suitcases, a carry on size, and a luggage cart - hopefully they'll fit OK.

We've been cruising so much these past 20 years that I was shocked when I couldn't put our luggage under the bed at the Coronado Springs Resort in April. I was resigned to it by time June came around and we stayed at Caribbean Beach. I was hoping that the DVC would be different. Oh well, there's always some corner to hide them in, maybe behind a chair the bedroom?:offtopic: Sorry for going off topic just a little. It is about the closets.

However regarding the topic, we only hang up pants and capris for me and dressy items for evening, everything else goes into drawers. Surely you'll have at least one drawer per person.

I know I do tend to overpack but I'm afraid I'll regret not packing those other items I left behind. So, I pack it all. They never leave you with enough hangers :confused3 either so I keep all my items on hangers so I can just hang them up when we get to the hotel.

Having taken the tour, I can tell you that the closet situation in the 1br is a pain. It is right behind the door to the bedroom, which means you have to shut the bedroom door to really get into the closet. It did not seem to me that we would be able to store our luggage and clothes in that closet--it looked terribly small to me. The closet just inside the front door, even though it has vacuum, etc. seemed to be bigger.

The studio portion had the biggest closet of all. :confused:

HUH??? Doesn't make sense. Not sure now where I will store all our clothes. Don't want to look like a wrinkled mess walking around the parks :worried:

Having taken the tour, I can tell you that the closet situation in the 1br is a pain. It is right behind the door to the bedroom, which means you have to shut the bedroom door to really get into the closet. It did not seem to me that we would be able to store our luggage and clothes in that closet--it looked terribly small to me. The closet just inside the front door, even though it has vacuum, etc. seemed to be bigger.

The studio portion had the biggest closet of all. :confused:

you know noticed that - the 2-bedroom dedicated has the bedroom in the door area of the studio

so wonder if the studio closet was an addition - since it stands out - but never got an answer

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter