Blow off AK for extra day at MK?

Skip AK and go to MK. Your kids are young and will have more fun in MK there are more things for them to do.

I absolutely do not agree. AK was by far my kids' favorite park on our last trip, so much so that we scrapped our original plans and added in a second day. Even with two days we didn't see a lot of must-sees like Nemo, flights of wonder, and the boneyard.

We have never been great fans of AK but we think it's because we have a really great zoo here and we can see most of the animals that they have at AK at home. We always do 2.5 days at MK. I would choose MK over any other park, especially with small kids.

Our 2 youngest love AK..... They are big zoo kids so I'm assuming this is the reason. Have a great trip.

I'm probably in the minority, but I LOVE AK. We are actually starting our trip off with AK this year. Expedition Everest is my favorite ride and The Lion King show is awesome. My girls are 6 and 9 and they really enjoy the park too. We could spend a lot of time in DinoLand and at the playground as well.

Our 2 youngest love AK..... They are big zoo kids so I'm assuming this is the reason. Have a great trip.
My kids are nature/animal/conservation lovers and we definitely choose an extra AK day over MK every time. We still visit every zoo, aquarium or sanctuary within a 90 mile radius of our home multiple times a year but AK has something special in it that they can't get enough of.

I think we decided to keep AK- now the choice is for our extra day at MK, rope drop or wishes haha.

I agree with your choice. How about RD to get some of the slow loader rides done then head back to your resort for a swim then a rest then go to MK at dinnertime to use your FPs and see Wishes.

I would do rd at MK, may be hard to keep the little ones up if they had a busy day. Also I heard you can get in mnsshp at 4 so that will give you an extra 3 hours before party time.

Don't be afraid to cut a park day short and hop to MK if you feel like it. I didn't when I went to Epcot and regretted it, nothing much to do for kids your age. However HS has a lot for them, and AK is always fun. And no matter how much time you give MK, it is never enough.

We only go to AK every other year or less. This year we have hoppers so we are going for a few hours. My family would always choose MK over AK if we took shorter trips. Typically we only do AK if we have 9 park days or more. Lol

in regards to RD or Wishes, I would catch Hallowishes at the party and RD your extra MK day. You can get so much done that way!

My daughter LOVES animals right now, so it would be a cardinal sin for us to miss AK. Once she gets past this stage though, it would definitely be skippable in my book. (Especially with new Fantasy Land!)

We can't go to WDW and skip AK - EVER. It's my DH's fave park, but we all love it. I like the slower pace and love love love the Flights of Wonder show and The Lion King show - spectacular!

I know it isn't in your list of options, but I would skip HS in favour of AK. We loved AK. Plus it's the park where we tolerated the heat best (early July), it was easy to find shade and we got drenched on Kali. In contrast, once we did the headliners at HS, we couldn't get out of that park fast enough. We love MK also and never get tired of it.

I would do option #1. We love AK! Try the Wilderness Explorer's program! The children get a booklet and go around AK learning about animals, different cultures, etc. and get a sticker whenever they complete each area. My DS7 LOVES this! It takes a while, so don't expect to finish in one day (if you do it). It took us three visits to finish DS's book, but he loved being a little more involved in his surroundings over simply riding rides.

We are also doing

3 days MK
2 days Epcot
1 day Hs

With kids that age, I wouldn't skip AK and would go with option 1.

If you are worried about missing Wishes, keep in mind you are going to see MK fireworks at MNSSHP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter