Blizzard Beach Do Over - "The Bestest Day Ever!!!! HORRAY FOR HOLLYWOOD! NEW 06/12 Pg 19 and 20

MAGICFOR2

Condimentessa
Hello. This is a tale of wanting to do it up a little differently this trip, and making up for a crazy rainy day at Blizzard Beach. I hope you'll join us for a little family fun.

If you are reading this, we have probably met here on the DIS before, but in case you are new, or new to me - My name is Tammie. I'm a mom of two boys with wonderful wives, and grandma to 7 little lovebugs. I'm also an office manager for a family practice and a former military wife, married to Jim - my knight in shining armor! We love all things Disney, and have raised our family to do the same.

This trip came to be as most do, on our last trip in July 2013. We were enjoying the buffet at 1900 Park Fare with Cinderella, when DS Ryan noted the food was so good it reminded him of a Disney cruise, and we should take a cruise together in 2015. We all liked the idea, but with cruise prices being what they are, booking for a family of four came with a rather daunting bottom line. Ryan decided to sell his boys on WDW instead because grandma and grandpa have DVC points - so a trip was born!

Our 7 grandchildren includes 3 adopted here in Texas. It has been quite a roller coaster of emotion, and as many of you have "walked" this journey with me since our last trip I'm going to begin my story with an update to the family - if you'll indulge me. If you won't ---- well, it's my TR so.....:P

Last edited:

Tammy~ Such an incredible family you have! Seems there is a lot of love here. :lovestruc Looking forward to reading about your trip! :D ~Rebecca

Haven't read a thing! Too busy today. Dance @ 8:00am DW's Cousin's wedding @3:00 out in the country.
But wanted to let you know I'm here!

What an incredible journey "home" for those three cute little additions to your family!!! Love to hear how they came to join you all.

Okay, now I am ready for the "other journey"! ;)

I'm here...going back to read!

Jill in CO

Ok, I'm sitting here with tears in my eyes. You have an amazing family! Those kids got a rough start but hit the loving family jackpot with you guys. Your DS and DDIL are amazing people!

Jill in CO

Last edited:
Having read and known of your family's journey, I am touched yet again. Thank you for sharing the stories with us. And I can't read about the trip.

Beautiful stories! Although I've known you for years, I hadn't heard a lot of that. Thank you so much for opening your heart and "home" to us so we can know you better. :)

Hi Tammie! Pleasw excuse the fact that I'm typinh with 1 hand -- I've got Cheetos dust on the oher. Leaving typos in bit I'm here! Love the plaques. Now off to wash up.

Thank you for the heads up! :)

What an amazing story, your kiddos have some really big hearts. :lovestruc ::yes::

Can't wait to hear the rest of the TR. :goodvibes

As Ms. Kat knows, I'm horrible about follow through on TR's, so forgive me if I'm not here regularly. I think this may be my first post since they revamped the entire site. Had to take a break for a while.

Thank you for the heads up! :)

What an amazing story, your kiddos have some really big hearts. :lovestruc ::yes::

Can't wait to hear the rest of the TR. :goodvibes

As Ms. Kat knows, I'm horrible about follow through on TR's, so forgive me if I'm not here regularly. I think this may be my first post since they revamped the entire site. Had to take a break for a while.

Well, my first try at multi-quote, and I only managed to capture the last post - last but not least by any means. So nice to have you here, my friend! :rockband: Just play along when you can. I have been bad at keeping up, too - so I totally understand! Now back to try to figure this thing out.

Tammy~ Such an incredible family you have! Seems there is a lot of love here. :lovestruc Looking forward to reading about your trip! :D ~Rebecca

Welcome Rebecca! Thanks so much for reading along! There is a lot of love, but we get our grace for these situations from God. Hope to get this story rolling tomorrow!

Haven't read a thing! Too busy today. Dance @ 8:00am DW's Cousin's wedding @3:00 out in the country.
But wanted to let you know I'm here!

Ponzi! Thanks for checking in! Hope the dance and wedding went well. Looking forward to having you here!

What an incredible journey "home" for those three cute little additions to your family!!! Love to hear how they came to join you all.

Okay, now I am ready for the "other journey"! ;)

Hi Karin! It has been incredible, but the kids are so happy to settle in and not be "foster parents" anymore - to just be a family. Thanks for checking in - hoping to get the "other journey" started tomorrow.

I'm here...going back to read!

Jill in CO

Ok, I'm sitting here with tears in my eyes. You have an amazing family! Those kids got a rough start but hit the loving family jackpot with you guys. Your DS and DDIL are amazing people!

Jill in CO

Hi Jill! So happy to have you here! Thanks for the compliments. I am proud of DS and DDIL for sure. Thanks so much for reading!

Having read and known of your family's journey, I am touched yet again. Thank you for sharing the stories with us. And I can't read about the trip.

Kathy! Thank you so much for reading along and sharing the journey. Spoiler Alert! It was so wonderful to meet you - the family loved you. Hope we can spend more time together sometime! Oh, the link is in my siggie. I don't have the hyper link down yet.

Hi Tammie~

Thanks for the invitation!! :D Happy to be here reading along as I can. :)

Beautiful stories! Although I've known you for years, I hadn't heard a lot of that. Thank you so much for opening your heart and "home" to us so we can know you better. :)

Liesa! So happy you are here. I know your time is precious right now. Thanks for your sweet words. As you know, a lot has changed for Jim and I since we last met, but it is all working out for God's glory. I don't think I would trade any of it now in hindsight. Thank you so much for reading along when you can!

Hi Tammie! Pleasw excuse the fact that I'm typinh with 1 hand -- I've got Cheetos dust on the oher. Leaving typos in bit I'm here! Love the plaques. Now off to wash up.

Glenn! Ha! Cheetos fingers! I thought you were going to say you had a cast on or something. :rotfl: So happy your disability is only due to snacking! Thanks for joining in!

Thanks for reading, everyone. As I said, I will be back to get the actual trip started! See ya real soon!

Last edited:
I'm in! You have such a lovely family. I admit - I skimmed through just to look at pictures. I'll be back later to read all the details. Thanks for the heads up!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter