Blisters :(

Gertyke

Disney Addict
Hi,

Can someone give me tips for not getting blisters? I have extremely sensitive feet, and I sometimes get blisters after a walk of only an hour ... I always get blisters after one day at Disneyland Paris...
Now I've bought walking shoes, I have cotton socks and special socks for walking... bandaids like Compeed don't work for me, they come loose after just 30 minutes... But last time I wore my walking shoes and my walking socks and I still had blisters at the end of the day. Are there other things I can do?

I'm going to WDW in 2016 for 2 weeks, and my biggest worry is that I don't get to do everything I want because of my feet :(

Thanks!

You need comfortable shoes that are broken in but not too broken in. I always bring two pairs of walking shoes to WDW and alternate. If you're doing cotton socks, you can wear nylon sock liners underneath. I've done a few marathons, typically I would wear "smartwool" socks, and slather my feet with vaseline or bodyglide, focusing on the areas I know are prone to blisters. Experiment now, and start walking more to get your feet used to it.

The other key is to identify when you are getting a blister and nip it in the bud. Carry a small tube of vaseline/bodyglide and some bandaids and moleskin with you for emergencies, maybe even carry an extra pair of socks.

If you've got a serious blister, bandaids aren't going to last all day. I once got huge blisters on the balls of my feet from basketball, and it took a long time for the skin to recover. When doing something active, I'd put on a little vaseline, then gauze, then a big piece of moleskin (or the padded molefoam). It was a pain but it worked.

I second the mole skin. It really does seem to help. Also, do you soak your feet in epson salts? I'd consider bringing some or getting some when you get to WDW. Try to sit down as much as possible and get the weight off your feet.
Also bring extra socks. Sometimes people get blisters cause their socks are too big or too tight causing them to rub the feet inside their shoes.
It might be worth going to a foot doctor before coming too to see if there is something they would recommend to help you.

Thank you all for the suggestions....
Moleskin is that like compeed?
Compeed-FR-2011-Visuel.png

Because that doesn't work for me sadly enough :(
Last time I used them they came loose and got stuck in my blister and my sock (yes both of them) so when I took off my sock it was stuck, I had to cut out the compeed :/ veryyyyy painful and I still had a long trip home

Vaseline is a good suggestion... I'm going for a daytrip to disney paris on saturday I'll try it out...

When I get to Orlando the first thing I'm buying is a footbath I think ;) to relax my feet after a tiring day! We have a dining plan, so we already have multiple resting points scheduled in, and I'm planning on sitting down a much as I can ;)

Thank you all for the suggestions....
Moleskin is that like compeed?

No, that looks like a fancy band-aid. Moleskin comes in sheets the size of a postcard. You cut it to whatever size you want. It is very sticky, you don't want to put it directly on a blister. When I use it, I either put a band-aid or piece of gauze over the actual blister, then a larger piece of moleskin (or thicker molefoam) over the band-aid.
https://www.drscholls.com/productsandbrands/moleskinpluspadding/

ok thank you!
Do you know if this is for sale here in Belgium?
If not we'll stop at walmarts before driving to our hotel when we land in Orlando, can I find it there?

ok thank you!
If not we'll stop at walmarts before driving to our hotel when we land in Orlando, can I find it there?

I have no idea if it is available in Belgium or at Walmart. But definitely available at chain pharmacy stores in Orlando like Walgreens or CVS.

ok thank you!

I do think Walmart sells it but I'm not positive. Are you staying at a Disney resort? If so, the gift shops sell it there!

Something like this is hard to prove so to speak but I really love Body Glide (I did also buy one of the Band Aid brand sticks because I could easily tuck it in my park bag). I used it every morning all over my feet and never had any trouble. One day I thought I might be getting a trouble spot so I touched it up with the Band aid stick I had brought and it never materialized. Of course it is impossible to know if I would have been fine without the Body Glide but I never chanced it, just made it part of my morning routine before heading out. Good luck, I hope something works well for you!

Yup, I have super sensitive feet too and since I am Diabetic I really have to watch out! it takes my feet a month to heal from blisters! My go to is going to be bring two pairs of comfortable walking shoes, "smart wool" socks, one or two extra pair of dry socks in a bag with me to the parks, I've not tried the body glide but I bought some and will be bringing it everywhere I go....DON'T EVER walk around in wet socks! you will blister in NO TIME! or at least, I DO! they also say to use and anti persperant on your feet...we'll see. Good luck with your trip, hope you find something that works! I hope I do!

Yes I'm staying at a Disney resort !
I used a compeed stick for preventing blisters last saturday at Disney Paris, my cotton socks and my walking shoes... to no avail... 5 blisters, small ones, but they're still hurting.
I'll keep trying different tactics from now on. On my trip in november I'll be wearing Skechers GoWalk shoes anyone recommend these?

I think I get them from wet or sweaty feet too... it was quite warm on saturday (for paris standards) I'll have to try the dry socks next time too...

Yes I'm staying at a Disney resort !
I used a compeed stick for preventing blisters last saturday at Disney Paris, my cotton socks and my walking shoes... to no avail... 5 blisters, small ones, but they're still hurting.
I'll keep trying different tactics from now on. On my trip in november I'll be wearing Skechers GoWalk shoes anyone recommend these?

I'd say ditch the cotton socks, get some nylon sock liners or non-cotton athletic socks like Smartwool.

Sketchers are very comfortable if you're on your feet all day, but not sure if they'll do anything to help with blisters.

I'd say ditch the cotton socks, get some nylon sock liners or non-cotton athletic socks like Smartwool.

Sketchers are very comfortable if you're on your feet all day, but not sure if they'll do anything to help with blisters.

I was thinking about using them because they're very lightweight, maybe I won't get sweaty feet in them as quickly as in my walking shoes ?

ok thank you!

I have seen them at first aid in side the park you have t ask for it and they will tell you to put it on your shoe where your blister is

Can someone give me tips for not getting blisters? I have extremely sensitive feet, and I sometimes get blisters after a walk of only an hour ... I always get blisters after one day at Disneyland Paris...
Now I've bought walking shoes, I have cotton socks and special socks for walking... bandaids like Compeed don't work for me, they come loose after just 30 minutes... But last time I wore my walking shoes and my walking socks and I still had blisters at the end of the day. Are there other things I can do?
I always would get blisters after the first day in the park. I bought a jar of Vaseline. Each morning before leaving the hotel, I rub the bottom of my feet and toes with Vaseline. Then I put my socks and shoes on. I know it sounds messy, but it works like a charm. At the end of the day, No blisters and no messy clean up. I used to get the worst blisters. I could barely walk after 2 or 3 days. The Vaseline has fixed that problem for me. I didn't have to buy new shoes or socks. I just had to grease my feet up to reduce the friction that causes blisters. Grease your feet & toes really good with the Vaseline. It works. Good luck.

Last edited:
I also always travel with Moleskin, and don't forget a small pair of scissors so you can cut it to the appropriate size. I also used to get huge blisters on the bottom on my feet, usually right under the toes or between the toes. I now wear injinji socks (they are toe socks...they look like gloves for your feet) and I put a metatarsal pad in my shoes. Now I don't get any blisters...even when running a half marathon...I used to get them all the time.

Use Body Glide or Run Goo (you can buy off Amazon) on your feet before heading out. Use moleskin for any blisters that develop or are developing. And the tip about breaking in comfortable shoes well before your trip. That, too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter