Blisters - Please help me

maroo

DIS Veteran
I am walking in the Princess Half Marathon in 9 days.

I have pretty large blisters on my feet from my 10 mile walk today.

I am using wicking socks, body glide and had these blisters before I did this long walk.

I survived the walk, although it was quite painful and am convinced I CAN do the Princess Half - which will be a HUGE deal for me.

But...I have a few blisters that I need some help with.

These are not small ones - they are big.

One of them is 2 inches by 1 inch and is on the very bottom of my foot. It is red...not sure if it is filled with blood or if the skin is just angry underneath, but it is red.

I have blister ampoules (Band Aid Brand) and mole skin. I am thinking I will stay off of them most of the day.

My question is - do I pop them??? Especially the big one? Not sure if I should leave a day or so and pop it later? Or go ahead?

I am keeping them very clean and soaking in Epsom Salt 3 times a day.

Any clues you can give me would be much appreciated!

Get some zinc oxide and apply it to the blister without popping it. Zinc Oxide is found in diaper rash creams. It does a good job of drying the blister out which will speed the healing.

Get some zinc oxide and apply it to the blister without popping it. Zinc Oxide is found in diaper rash creams. It does a good job of drying the blister out which will speed the healing.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

I will totally do that.

I am desperate.

I have put mole skin in strategic places on the bottom of my foot so that when I step it doesn't put any pressure on the blister. But healing it faster would be quite helpful at this point.

Thanks, FireDancer! :)

Ultimate blister solution - goto a running store and buy Wrights Double Layer coolmax socks (they're pricey compared to normal socks but not to other running socks). First marathon I ran I got blisters. 2nd Marathon I ran randomly they had thrown a set of them into the goodie bag. Huge difference, not a single blister in that one or the subsequent one. Good luck.

Are you putting bodyglide on the bottom of your feet? I would think that would make things worse, not better, because your feet would be sliding around in your socks. It might help for a few miles, but I think it would be bad after that.

I think your best bet is to put the moleskin foam around the blisters so that they don't touch your shoes. If the blisters dry out and heal before Sunday, I would seriously consider putting duct tape on the bottom of your feet.

Are you putting bodyglide on the bottom of your feet? I would think that would make things worse, not better, because your feet would be sliding around in your socks. It might help for a few miles, but I think it would be bad after that.

I think your best bet is to put the moleskin foam around the blisters so that they don't touch your shoes. If the blisters dry out and heal before Sunday, I would seriously consider putting duct tape on the bottom of your feet.

I have been using Body Glide on my feet...

And I can see how that might cause a problem! :idea:

So...maybe if I can get them better by Sunday...then I will just change my socks every 4 miles and see if that is better.

So...when I put Duct Tape on my feet, they ended up having the tape come off and make the socks all sticky?? It didn't seem to work for me??

I have used moleskin for smaller blisters...but at this point there is not much of my foot that is not hurting...so I don't know where to put the moleskin???

I have no blister advice, but I just wanted to wish you well on your half marathon next week!

I hope to participate in the Princess half NEXT March, and possibly the Wine & Dine in October.

Are the blisters on the ball of your foot? If they are, I would wrap the duct tape around your entire foot so that it covers the ball of your foot and the top of your foot (below your toes). I think if you stick it to itself by overlapping the ends on the top of your foot it will stay in place for the entire race. Cleaning your foot with rubbing alcohol will help the tape to stick better.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter