Blinged Out MB - Cost $450 to make

It looks about the same as MBs that have been Bedazzled with plastic rhinestones. Plus, I know from experience that when you take the bands on and off, the bending will absolutely cause stones to fall off no matter what kind of glue you use. So not only is it an ugly $450 MB, it's not even wearable.

I'm cautious about taking out to the parks and wearing it on rides and stuff like

So she now has a too expensive, tacky looking, bracelet that can't be used for its intended purpose.

Bless her heart.

Can it even scan through the gems?

It states it works in the article.

Also, my goodness people are being judgmental. It's not my thing but people can use their money on whatever they want. Who am I to judge I've spent more money on sillier things. At least she uses it.

It states it works in the article.

Also, my goodness people are being judgmental. It's not my thing but people can use their money on whatever they want. Who am I to judge I've spent more money on sillier things. At least she uses it.

But I don't write articles about it to tell the world what silly things I'm spending my money on and just how much I'm spending. Do what you want in private.

But... but.... but...

People do understand that MBs are temporary, throw away things right?

They have a short shelf life. Even paying $35 for a "special edition" is stretching it when you'll get to use it on at most a handful of visits.

But... but.... but...

They have a short shelf life. Even paying $35 for a "special edition" is stretching it when you'll get to use it on at most a handful of visits.
I have a Donald one that I got online from the Disney store for like $25. They are supposed to last 2 years-ish. I would agree that $450 is too much tho.

But... but.... but...

The short shelf life is only for things like on-ride photos that have to be able to get an RFID signal from a distance. Once the battery dies (more likely after 3-4 years than 2 years), those features will stop working. However, the use of a MB at the touch-points for rides or other use where you put the band in contact with the scanner should, in theory, work forever, since it is an RF signal that is sent out by the touch point that excites the RFID chip in the band. Think of those RFID chips that are implanted in pets. Those don't have a battery at all, but can be read with a reader basically forever.

The short shelf life is only for things like on-ride photos that have to be able to get an RFID signal from a distance. Once the battery dies (more likely after 3-4 years than 2 years), those features will stop working. However, the use of a MB at the touch-points for rides or other use where you put the band in contact with the scanner should, in theory, work forever, since it is an RF signal that is sent out by the touch point that excites the RFID chip in the band. Think of those RFID chips that are implanted in pets. Those don't have a battery at all, but can be read with a reader basically forever.

So not fully functional.

And even if it's 4 years, most people would likely only get a couple of visits in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts