1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

Blessed by Pixie Dust!!

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by Auntieluncher, Jun 6, 2014.

1. Auntieluncher

Auntieluncher Earning My Ears

My brothers and I have agreed to gift our parents a Disney Cruise for their 50th Wedding Anniversary. :cool1: I called today to make the reservation for the 11/13/2015 sailing of the Wonder out of Galveston. Our parents will be so excited to be leaving from Galveston! Anyway, I had the website up and loading while talking to the rep. I reserved 2612 for them and asked her to send all documentation and communication to me as this was a surprise. She was happy to oblige and then I asked her to book myself and DD (11) in the room next door, 2614. (My parents will be quite happy with us tagging along!) She said it was not available and, silly me, realized I had it on the website and therefore, it was taken. :sad2: Duh! Anyway, I shut down the browser and we finished up with DM's reservation and deposit. Then she checked again and it was still gone. So we hung up and I said I would check again later in the day.

I checked a few times and each time it was gone, so I decided it was better to go ahead and book and be somewhat close to them then to be on another part of the ship, so I booked our first favorite stateroom 2603. I called Disney back to link the reservations and mentioned to the representative that I was really hoping for 2614. She said it was still showing taken (this was about an hour after the first conversation) so she linked them and we called it a day.

Just now, I checked my reservation and guess what .... We're in 2614! pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust:

Now, I just need to save for the cruise so I can actually go with them!! :rotfl2:

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. racingfandj

racingfandj Mouseketeer

Congratulations, that's a wonderful gift!

4. pepe3penelope

pepe3penelope Princess Ariel at Heart

How generous of you!!!! What a wonderful trip this will be for all of you! I love the bonus pixie dust you got! Great story ! :)

5. whistlinmickey

whistlinmickey Earning My Ears

Congratulations! I'm glad it worked out so well for you. We will be in 2614 on the Wonder this summer! We'll be sure to take good care of it for you! Have a great cruise!

6. Auntieluncher

Auntieluncher Earning My Ears

Thanks everyone! Now we just need a really cool way to tell them about the cruise at their reception in December. Ideas??!! :)

And thanks whistlinmickey - enjoy your cruise!

7. Bear3412

Bear3412 DIS Veteran

Not to be a downer, but ....

IRRC there have been several reports of DCL spoiling the surprise with some kind of mailer, perhaps even the cruise documents, even though asked not to send them to their address.
    It's like the system automatically sends all the cabin lead pax a letter at least.

Just thought I would share that possibilty.

Perhaps call DCL again and speak with another Rep to get a second opinion.

Good Luck

8. harrisb1964

harrisb1964 Mouseketeer

We were in 2618 on the Wonder in Feb. Split bathroom, large porthole window , it was awesome!

9. shaned

shaned Mouseketeer

:tink: Congrats on the Pixie-dust!! DH and I will be sailing with y'all. There is a Facebook Page set up for this cruise already.