Black Friday Buddies 2011 Unite!

Can't wait for this year. Friend and I started at 11 pm at TRU and shopped until 8 the next morning. We hit each store as they opened. Lots of fun! Not sure what I will be looking for yet...

I am in!! Black Friday shopping is an every year tradition between me, my sister & my mom!! Can't waiT!:cool1:

Me, my mom, my sister, and my oldest daughter go every year. We start when the first store opens and usually get home about 10 am. Its crazy, but I love the deals. Don't think I could NOT shop that day. LOL

Glad to see I wasn't the only one looking forward to BF. :goodvibes I go every year, sometimes by myself and sometimes with my mom. We also love hitting up Meijer and Old Navy on Thanksgiving Day. I usually get all of my shopping done during these two days. Although I did buy a few items already because Target had legos on clearance and I can't pass up legos 50% off. Patiently waiting for our first ad. :surfweb:

I'm in!:santa: I have no clue what my kids will want for Christmas this year, but I need to stay on top of it early and get the ones done that I can!:cool1:

Can't wait for this year. Friend and I started at 11 pm at TRU and shopped until 8 the next morning. We hit each store as they opened. Lots of fun! Not sure what I will be looking for yet...

Me too!!! Only our TRU opened at 10pm. I was in line at 8:30. After TRU we hit Wal-Mart for midnight, grabbed a snack at Dunkin Donuts at 2am, dropped stuff off at home, online shopping then in line for 3:30am for 4am Target opening, then to KMart for 5am....home by 8am...AHHH. Put up the fake tree at 4pm only to find out it was broken so then I was back at Kmart at 7pm.

I can't wait to do it again!! I totaled up sale price verses regular and realized I saved $450. Totally worth a sleepless night.:goodvibes

Well DD gave me her first wish list items, a doggie saucer chair from Justice. So I am debating do I get it now using my 40% off coupon or hold out? I don't think I am going to get it less then the 40% off coupon and I would hate for them to not have any later on. The chair is not cheap either. Why did we ever venture into this store. :laughing:

I also heard that Target will be marking their clearance toys down to 75% off tomorrow so I think I may just have to go check it out and see what other goodies I can find.

Anybody heard any rumors of what the hot items are going to be this year?

Do you guys actually buy electronics this early for christmas?? I saw that one has bought the ipad2? I am thinking of getting my mom the nook color and would love to get it now, but I am always afraid to buy this early because the warranty will be running out by the time she gets it

I am really excited for Black Friday!!!! I am really wanting to do American Girl Site again - I got some great deals for my daughter last year (it was our 1st year with AG) - Other then that I will be looking for gifts for family and friends and usually decide what to get them based on what is on sale!!!

Love Toys R Us too - but I will admit I will not stand in line for hours... LOL

Well DD gave me her first wish list items, a doggie saucer chair from Justice. So I am debating do I get it now using my 40% off coupon or hold out? I don't think I am going to get it less then the 40% off coupon and I would hate for them to not have any later on. The chair is not cheap either. Why did we ever venture into this store. :laughing:

I also heard that Target will be marking their clearance toys down to 75% off tomorrow so I think I may just have to go check it out and see what other goodies I can find.

Anybody heard any rumors of what the hot items are going to be this year?

OH GOD DONT GET ME STARTED ON WALKING INTO JUSTICE!!!! AHHHHHHH :lmao::confused3:rotfl:

I'm in. Looking for a kayak or paddleboard for DH, legos and american girl doll for DD, son probably ipod touch or Nintendo DS or PPS

I ned to check out target and get organinzed. 3 nephews to but and a niece. also

For the last few years, I have started Black Friday at Walmart. I don't usually get there until about 4 or 4:30. I think this year I may be there for their midnight sales too. Last year was the first time that our Walmart did the midnight sales. There were some problems. I met a lot of people in line for the 5 am sales. They told me that a few women had grabbed up buggy full of the specials so few people got any of them. I saw a couple grabbing a buggy full of some of the electronics. I have been told by some of the employees that they may consider limits

Our walmart has limits on a lot of stuff on black friday. Also, when they opened at midnight the items that didn't go on sale till 4:30am and so on were guarded by workers. They had aisles set up that people sat in for 4 hours. While I would do that for an awesome deal....I won't for like $20

Our local Walmart had the things that didn't go on sale until 5, on a pallet wrapped in plastic. When they announced over the loud speaker that it was 5am, there was an employee at each of these pallets with a box cutter. They cut the plastic & jumped back. That's when the frenzy started. I don't know if all Walmarts do this the same, but our local WM scatters things through the store instead of all of the electronics being in the electronics department. They give you a map when you come in. It does help with crowd control

I'm going to start the BLACK FRIDAY 2012 thread now!!

Yep....BLACK FRIDAY 2012! I want to make sure I get it on everyone's calender!! :rotfl2:

Sorry, couldn't resist. It's only July and the Black Friday thread has appeared. Too funny! :lmao:

BTW...I'm married with two daughters and I LOVE Black Friday as well. It's my family's traditional kick-off to the holiday season so I'm only poking a little fun at the thread. :thumbsup2

I'm going to start the BLACK FRIDAY 2012 thread now!!

Yep....BLACK FRIDAY 2012! I want to make sure I get it on everyone's calender!! :rotfl2:

Sorry, couldn't resist. It's only July and the Black Friday thread has appeared. Too funny! :lmao:

BTW...I'm married with two daughters and I LOVE Black Friday as well. It's my family's traditional kick-off to the holiday season so I'm only poking a little fun at the thread. :thumbsup2

You know, qvc just had their Christmas in July! I love, love, love christmas. And actually I normally put the tree up on November 1st and take it down on January 2nd. It drives my family nuts:lmao:

Hey, I just saw that someone mentioned AG sale online last year. Can you elaborate? Was it Friday morning, or did they wait until cyber-Monday? What kind of deals? (% off, or just free shipping?)

My DDs both got AG dolls (Lanie) for x-mas last year, so an AG sale is right up my alley! They would both like another doll this year, but I'm not sold. I think more clothes/acessories/furniture would open up their play possibilities more than another doll.

TIA!!

Oh, btw, count me in :banana:
Just started BF shopping 2 years ago, and I'm hooked. My problem is finding someone to be at my house with my sleeping children. Last year I managed to get their father to keep them overnight, but I'm not sure I can manage 2 years in a row. Maybe my 15 year old somtimes-babysitter can sleep over.

I went shopping last year and came home with a turtle neck. That was it!! :lmao: I do most of my shopping before black friday, and most of the stuff I get are not on black friday sales. We have all the major electronics so we don't need any of that.

But I still go out just to see what I can find.
Oh, I forgot to add, in addition to my turtlenecks I bought new pillows for the bed!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter