Bkfast Buffet @ Animal Kingsom Yay or Nay?

lisaross

DIS Veteran
Planning a trip for the summer..we are trying to hit different restaurants than we did our last trip 3 years ago. We are not early bkfast people so was thinking if we got to animal kingdom, did some stuff and than hit a late bkfast? if we go for about 11/11:30am will the food be fresh and characters all around?

Thanx

lisa

our kids will be 7 & 9 --

specifically about the Tusker House buffet since we haven't been there yet. I do have a friend that went last Spring and she really liked it. I think her ADR was around 10:00 since she and her family don't like to get up early while on vacation.

I have done other buffets toward the end of their serving time and the food was being replenished with fresh items throughout the meal.

If you are going to be in the Animal Kingdom area, why not go to AKL and try the Boma. There is a breakfast buffet there.

Tusker house bfast is my favorite!!! Is there any way to do it early in the morning, like before park opening? It'd be great if you could get in an hour or more b4 park opening- but if you have to do the later one i'm not sure how fresh the food will be??? it could be great but i could see it being a problem ya know?
Are you sure it's even still bfast at that point? I feel like 11:30 is when they switch to lunch but i'm not positive.
But I do LOVE it there.

Actually, they start changing over to lunch around 10:30 or so. 11 is officially lunch.

11 or 11:30 sounds like a lot of fun at an EMH morning - get there early ride some rides and then eat. I booked the earliest for EMH last trip and the park opened before we finished eating that kind of bummed me out. I would definitely eat there again, it was a lot of fun.

We've always enjoyed breakfast in the AK - lots of food, fresh every time we've been to a buffet. That being said, we've never been as late as 11:00.We've breakfasted in the park before opening and later, like 10:00, on an EMH day. Both worked really well and we've had excellent service and good food always.

i could do earlier...was just thinking it would have been good to make it into a "brunch". i'm not really into "big" breakfasts... but perhaps i'll give it a try- and then we could do an early dinner... Glad to hear everyone likes the food

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter