Bizarre ? but we are puzzled

Sometimes kids can react to things in a way that doesn't make sense, especially if they're so young that they don't fully understand what's making them feel bad, only that they do feel bad.

Which is to say, if the child is uncomfortable because of an allergy, they could possibly scratch their feet or pull their hair.

Since you do know about the lotion allergy, I'd look more in that direction. Both environmental and food allergies. Or, do you know the exact ingredient in the lotion that causes the reaction? Sometimes things show up in the wierdest places, and that same ingredient might be in something else besides the lotion that's being used in the house.

I had to go all "green" with the cleaning products, and I never use room sprays or any of that sort of thing. Not that I was trying to be green, but there were so many ingredients in most of 'em that I got tired of reading the labels. There is so much stuff hidden in products, the more labels of things that you read, the freakier it gets.

As for the other "topic", DS went into early intervention at 18 months and was officially diagnosed at 2 1/2. (took us that long to get in for the eval) Early intervention is so important, he's come so far and I know that getting him early was key. While it might be controversial, he was showing such obvious signs at 18 mos-2 years that I don't believe it was a premature diagnosis at all. Some kids won't show the signs until later but he had every sign, consistently, as early as 18 months, earlier really but I wasn't even looking for it. With my son when I look back, there were some signs almost from birth. I know that doesn't always happen, but sometimes it does, that's a whole nother issue/debate. In those cases... well I just have to look at it and think... if we had known at 8 months and started therapy then... the progress he's made now if we'd had another year... you know what I mean.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!