Bistro de Paris Anniversary Dinner- Did I make the right choice?

blackacex2

Mouseketeer
My wife and I are going for our second anniversary to Bistro de Paris at 8 PM on April 14th. I really want to go somewhere really special with amazing food and atmosphere. Bistro doesn't seem to be all that popular though? Perhaps we would be happier elsewhere? Victoria and Alberts is too $$$$$ for us, but I'd be open to other suggestions?

I'm not sure why you think that Bistro isn't that popular. It isn't mentioned as often as a lot of the other park or signature restaurants because until this year it was not on the DDP. Until that time, it was favoured as one of the few spots in WDW (and probably the only one inside a park) where you could be assured of a lovely meal in a quiet, adult, atmosphere. I think the jury is still out on how the DDP will affect both the menu and the ambiance.

One change they have made is that, according to a post I saw in the Disney Food Blog, they do now have a children's menu. The menu itself wasn't posted though.

It's not popular (or, at least, lacks references on the boards) because it's not a family restaurant and as such is not appealing to the vast majority of Disney park guests. More families have been attending in recent years, and with the restaurant going on the DDP this year I'd probably look for even more families. Doesn't mean you won't get a nice adult atmosphere but that's not as certain as it once was.

Bistro de Paris is a wonderful place. We too are hoping that its addition to the Dining Plan does not dumb-down this restaurant. If V&A is out of the question then Bistro is a great choice.

Some other suggestions, Jiko, Artist Point and Citrico's are also good, quiet romantic choices especially if you book something for later in the evening.

It wasn't as popular because it didn't accept the dining plan until now.
We were there in Oct for our anniversary and it was wonderful.
If i walked to the bathroom or coming in or leaving, all the waiters would stand to the side as i passed and nod and say hello princess to me (i was wearing a tiara but still).
It's a really lovely slow paced meal and excellent service.

Thanks everyone, for less than half the price of Victoria and albert I think it will be a great experience!

We really like Bistro d' Paris. I hope the DDP doesn't change the menu too much!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!