Birthdays, surprises, Magic & Merriment *3/25 New PTR Link We leave in 47 days*

Love your updates!! I want so badly to go to WDW during Christmas so that I can see all of the storytellers at Epcot!! Can't wait to read about the problems you had with boarding the bus at Epcot, we are going soon and my 12 year old is in a wheelchair, should be interesting. Looking forward to more!!

Melissa

Bill's flowers were so beautiful! I confess I read that update a while ago but am just getting back here now to post.... it brought tears to my eyes to see the charm. Sigh!

Why oh why did I not take a picture when I ran into you all?? Not just once... twice! :confused3

I love your beautiful castle picture - just gorgeous! All those TnT sightings! :laughing: I have to get back over to their TR (though I know the surprise from Facebook I can't wait to hear all about it!) ... I know I'm probably an update or two behind already. :rolleyes:

Despite the chilliness, sounds like a fun day at Epcot! Love how you're both crushing on your Tutto server -- your dinners look delicious!!

I am kicking myself for not taking a picture with you, Tammy, and Nebo and Smidgy. I AM A HORRIBLE DIS'ER!! We will definately be going back to Tutto.

I love how you give us little cliffhangers for Toni's TR, since you do that would you be so kind as to tell her to hurry her butt up and catch up so we can all be on the same page here geez :rolleyes1

Sounds like you guys had a great day at Epcot. We didn't do CaptainEO, I think I forgot it was there :headache:

She posted an update tonight!!

1071.gif

;)

You have to know we love you :thumbsup2.

I know what you mean about the FREEZING temps slowing you down at Disney... we had some chilly weather during the Spectrum Mom's trip! :cold:

Isn't it crazy to feel cold in WDW??

You're crazy woman!! A frozen drink, on a frozen night! :cold:

That margarita was GUD!!!

What a fun evening. Too bad it was cold. We had an evening that was bitter cold in 2007. I was wearing my winter coat that night.

We had more than one evening like that. Imagine the rest of our trip was that cold :scared1:.

Great update, Tracy! Tutto is hands down a family favorite and MUST DO every trip! I've yet to meet a server who wasn't warm and friendly and GORGEOUS! :lmao:

I'm so excited to visit all the storytellers and OMG, can't wait to check out Karamel Kuche! :yay:

Something about your last installment really bothered me....

I'm sorry for that. :headache: After having to do a trip with my Mom in an ECV (temporarily), and realizing just how difficult it is, we really go out of the way to assist anyone who could use a little extra assistance. I wish everyone could experience what it's like for a day. I bet it would change a lot of attitudes - I know it changed mine.

You will enjoy the storytellers so much. Karamel Kuche smells heavenly.

Thank you for helping people. You are so right I think it would change attitudes if people were in someone's wheels for one day.

Love your updates!! I want so badly to go to WDW during Christmas so that I can see all of the storytellers at Epcot!! Can't wait to read about the problems you had with boarding the bus at Epcot, we are going soon and my 12 year old is in a wheelchair, should be interesting. Looking forward to more!!

Melissa

Thank you Melissa. The storytellers are amazing. The bus issues happen on Dec. 3rd.

Between you, V & T- I must add Tutto to our next trip! There are just so many places I want to eat at whilst I'm at WDW - What is a girl to do?

Eat, drink and be rolled out of WDW - Happy!

I love the story tellers. It is really a special treat that is added during th holidays!

Hubs got his drink confiscated too. We were heading to the Boardwalk area, on foot, so it was a major bummer!

Brrr Tracy.....sounds SO cold!! That is too bad about your drink being confiscated....I was not aware of that - I guess I've never made it all the way back to the exit with a drink still unfinished! LOL! :laughing:

Love the storyteller pics - something I have not had the pleasure of seeing yet. :thumbsup2

Sara

The storytellers sound like they were alot of fun. I really want to take Jimmy once at Christmas time, but I'm scared of the crowds :scared:

Too funny about Bill taking off without you:rotfl2:

MDF - You got called out, what're you gonna do about it:lmao:

I loved your day at EPCOT. I got to see all of the story tellers in freezing cold rain in 2009. I know it wasn't just me as my DH who doesn't wear a coat all winter actually bought a sweatshirt.

You are right about people having to experience a day in someone else's wheels. I need an ECV when I go down to DIsney. I am facing double knee replacement surgery one day and have arthritis in my back. I get looks every time I go down. I can't wait to hear about the bus problem. I have one every time I leave EPCOT for some reason.

I love the image of Bill chasing down TnT!

So sad you had to toss your drink but I guess the alternative could have been a brain freeze from trying to drink it too quickly, which would not have been fun in the cold.

I :love: Tutto! glad you both loved it as well.

My favorite though? Bill fist bumping the Nutcracker! :thumbsup2

Sounds like a wonderful Epcot day, at least until it got cold. Glad you got your drink anyway. :) I had no idea you couldn't exit the park with a drink.

Wasn't Captain EO fun? I really enjoyed it - cheesiness and all. I even downloaded to song to my ipod and like to embarrass Sam by dancing along. ;)

Never been to Tutto Italia. After your rave review, I've got to try it. So many places to try and not enough time. It's so hard when you want to try the new places and still visit your old favorites.

Love the pictures of the storytellers. I've yet to see them but really want to.

So, you went into the caramel store and didn't buy anything?? You are good!

Can't wait for more!

What a great, adventure-filled update, Tracy!! You got a LOT done, including a fantastic looking meal. And you're right, you server did look like her smile lit up the room!!!

Fun DAY all around!

Wonderful Update !!! Tell me the Storytelling isn;t only at Christmas with the Nutcrackers !!! Kyle is a huge fan of the Nutcrackers and asks for one or more everyyear for Christmas , he would just Love a pix with a life sized one !!!

Great update.

I love the description of Bill just jetting away from you to try to catch up with them! I can just see it now.

Just so you don't get into another lost drink situation, maybe you should carry an empty Sunny D bottle with you.......:lmao:

Another amazing update, Tracy! You sure are blessed to have met such wonderful friends as TnT! They sound great - as do you and Bill...

Hi! Just reporting in. I'm looking forward to reading your TR alongside Toni's - have to get the whole story! I'll be back to catch up!

Heidi, it is gorgeous. Every time we are there for the Castle lighting my eyes well up with tears, it is just beautiful.

When we got our photopass it included some "extra pictures", I guess this is new since we didn't have "extras" from the last trip. One was their version of the Castle, much clearer than mine:

Photo0030FourBySix.jpg

I also get the happy tears when I see the castle, especially during Christmas when it's lit up like that. I love the picture of Cinderella in the window.

LOVE the castle at Christmas! Those lights are so pretty.

Glad you had fun with DIS friends. It's amazing to me the friendships that can begin via the internet!

Yes! I've met a few people on the internet and have kept close ties with them.

Friendships can really blossom from the internet, so can other relationships. Bill and I met online :).

So did my DH & I!!! Gotta love the :surfweb:.

Your day at Epcot sounds wonderful.

so glad to see your new TR! i remember your last one!! You and Bill are so nice... Love that he sent you the flowers!! He needs to start a school for husbands--my DH will be the first student!!!!!

You and Cynthia have me itchin' for a Tutto ADR now! Everything looks, and sounds, DELISH!

I'm with ya on the parents that let their kids break the rules...so, so frustrating, especially if the children are old enough to understand that their parents are letting them break a rule.

Don't tell me you didn't buy anything at the caramel shop?? :eek: That intoxicating aroma... seeing your pictures brought it back in a flash!

Laughing at the Nutcracker fist-pumping Bill!!

And trust me, when you say it was cold, I believe you!

Kathy

Between you, V & T- I must add Tutto to our next trip! There are just so many places I want to eat at whilst I'm at WDW - What is a girl to do?

Eat, drink and be rolled out of WDW - Happy!

I love the story tellers. It is really a special treat that is added during th holidays!

Hubs got his drink confiscated too. We were heading to the Boardwalk area, on foot, so it was a major bummer!

Figuring out ADR's is always so hard for us. We are doing Tutto again on our next trip. I wish we could have seen more of the story tellers it was just too cold for Bill.

Brrr Tracy.....sounds SO cold!! That is too bad about your drink being confiscated....I was not aware of that - I guess I've never made it all the way back to the exit with a drink still unfinished! LOL! :laughing:

Love the storyteller pics - something I have not had the pleasure of seeing yet. :thumbsup2

Sara

I learned my lesson.... chug my drink before I hit the exit :thumbsup2.

The storytellers sound like they were alot of fun. I really want to take Jimmy once at Christmas time, but I'm scared of the crowds :scared:

Too funny about Bill taking off without you:rotfl2:

MDF - You got called out, what're you gonna do about it:lmao:

The crowds were not bad when we were there, but I know you have to work your trips around school. Bill just left me :eek:, but I knew the gate would stop him :rotfl:.

I loved your day at EPCOT. I got to see all of the story tellers in freezing cold rain in 2009. I know it wasn't just me as my DH who doesn't wear a coat all winter actually bought a sweatshirt.

You are right about people having to experience a day in someone else's wheels. I need an ECV when I go down to DIsney. I am facing double knee replacement surgery one day and have arthritis in my back. I get looks every time I go down. I can't wait to hear about the bus problem. I have one every time I leave EPCOT for some reason.

Oh thank goodness we didn't have rain on top of the cold, we never would have left the room. I don't get why they have problems at Epcot at closing. It is not nearly as bad at any other park, it is highly annoying.

I love the image of Bill chasing down TnT!

So sad you had to toss your drink but I guess the alternative could have been a brain freeze from trying to drink it too quickly, which would not have been fun in the cold.

I :love: Tutto! glad you both loved it as well.

My favorite though? Bill fist bumping the Nutcracker! :thumbsup2

It was funny watching Bill chase after them honking his horn. I was sad about the drink but just wanted on a bus at that point. We still talk about Tutto and will be going back. The fist bumping was the Nutcrackers idea, I thought it was so cute.

:rotfl2:

Sounds like a wonderful Epcot day, at least until it got cold. Glad you got your drink anyway. :) I had no idea you couldn't exit the park with a drink.

Wasn't Captain EO fun? I really enjoyed it - cheesiness and all. I even downloaded to song to my ipod and like to embarrass Sam by dancing along. ;)

Never been to Tutto Italia. After your rave review, I've got to try it. So many places to try and not enough time. It's so hard when you want to try the new places and still visit your old favorites.

Love the pictures of the storytellers. I've yet to see them but really want to.

So, you went into the caramel store and didn't buy anything?? You are good!

Can't wait for more!

We liked Captain EO, it was cheesy fun!! I love that you downloaded the song, it is so fun to embarrass our kids. I know what you mean about visiting the old favorites, it is really hard to get Bill to let go of some restaurants to try others. We bought something at the caramel store on another night.

What a great, adventure-filled update, Tracy!! You got a LOT done, including a fantastic looking meal. And you're right, you server did look like her smile lit up the room!!!

Fun DAY all around!

It was a great day!

Wonderful Update !!! Tell me the Storytelling isn;t only at Christmas with the Nutcrackers !!! Kyle is a huge fan of the Nutcrackers and asks for one or more everyyear for Christmas , he would just Love a pix with a life sized one !!!

Sorry to give you bad news, but the storytellers are only at Christmas time. They are so fun to watch.

Great update.

I love the description of Bill just jetting away from you to try to catch up with them! I can just see it now.

Just so you don't get into another lost drink situation, maybe you should carry an empty Sunny D bottle with you.......:lmao:

You are so right I need to borrow Nebo's idea. Sunny D bottles will be in Bill's back pack from now on :rotfl:.

Another amazing update, Tracy! You sure are blessed to have met such wonderful friends as TnT! They sound great - as do you and Bill...

You are right, we are very blessed to have met them.

Hi! Just reporting in. I'm looking forward to reading your TR alongside Toni's - have to get the whole story! I'll be back to catch up!

Thanks for joining us.

I also get the happy tears when I see the castle, especially during Christmas when it's lit up like that. I love the picture of Cinderella in the window.

Yes! I've met a few people on the internet and have kept close ties with them.

So did my DH & I!!! Gotta love the :surfweb:.

Your day at Epcot sounds wonderful.

Thanks for reading along. I do love the internet.

so glad to see your new TR! i remember your last one!! You and Bill are so nice... Love that he sent you the flowers!! He needs to start a school for husbands--my DH will be the first student!!!!!

You aren't the first one to suggest he start a school for husbands, :rotfl2:. He is very kind and loving and expresses it to me every day. I am very lucky.

You and Cynthia have me itchin' for a Tutto ADR now! Everything looks, and sounds, DELISH!

I'm with ya on the parents that let their kids break the rules...so, so frustrating, especially if the children are old enough to understand that their parents are letting them break a rule.

Those parents were driving me crazy, I swear that is one of the reasons why kids are out of control these days. Everyone fills entitled and don't think the rules apply to them.

Don't tell me you didn't buy anything at the caramel shop?? :eek: That intoxicating aroma... seeing your pictures brought it back in a flash!

Laughing at the Nutcracker fist-pumping Bill!!

And trust me, when you say it was cold, I believe you!

Kathy

A couple days later we did buy something at the caramel shop. It did smell very yummy in there.

Oh I know you understand the cold factor. I just shouldn't be that cold in WDW!!

Before I get to our DHS day, I have to tell you about two very special children we met along with their fantastic parents. Tinker Tam is an amazing DISer that was taking her first trip with her family to WDW. At a point in her planning she thought they would be able to get to go to MVMCP, circumstances changed and she didn’t think they would be able to. It broke my heart reading that, we love MVMCP - the fireworks are stunning, the parade so much fun, and the atmosphere amazing. I told Bill about the situation and we both had the feeling that we should do something. Well “fate stepped in” as Jiminy Cricket would say and we ended up with 2 extra adult MVMCP tickets. I contacted her and asked if she would like to have them. So on the night of Dec. 1st we were texting back and forth and decided it would be a good time to meet up with them.

We met up in the Pop food court. It was so great finally getting to meet Tammy and Jon in person. She is such a sweet soul and he was so nice. I talked her ear off and since my mouth was moving my brain wasn’t working so I didn’t take one picture, NOT ONE!! I showed Gavin how to honk Bill’s wheelchair horn and he went to town honking it. He is so adorable and Brenda was so beautiful with her Bibbity Bobbity Boutique updo.

I got permission from Tammy to post a picture of her two sweeties, meet Gavin:

gavin.jpg

and Brenda:

brenda.jpg

The only difference when we met them was they had changed into regular clothes.

Using your imagination you couldn’t even get close to how stinkin cute Gavin was with his Pirate makeup still on. Brenda still looked like a princess even though the dress was gone. They were precious. We talked for a bit but I knew we needed to go, so we were getting ready to say our goodbyes when Gavin went off with his Daddy to look at the food court offerings. Gavin came running back, eyes huge and yelled “THEY HAVE CARROT CAKE!!!” and he skipped off back to Jon. Bill and I just cracked up. It was so delightful to hear the joy in his voice. I have to tell you every time we see Carrot Cake, we look at each other and scream “THEY HAVE CARROT CAKE” and just giggle.

We were so blessed to have met Tammy and her family and hope to do so again at some point in the future.

Next installment…. DHS and falling in love

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter