Birthdays, surprises, Magic & Merriment *3/25 New PTR Link We leave in 47 days*

While it's different equipment, she had her share with the sleep machine, her major camera gear, 2 metal hips, etc. SO much stuff! Ok, the hips weren't part of the stuff but still....it impacted her going through security. I am seriously :worship: for all that you do. Which is easily 10x more than what I was part of.

Thanks, we travel with a lot, but I am used to it now!!

aww...we KNOW you love them. I didn't remotely take it that way. Allright is like....the BOMB!

Umm, it was actually Ms. Toni, that was a teeny tiny upset about the "alright" comment I made. Oh heck on yahoo she was giving me all sorts of pouting smileys so I had to do something to make them stop ;) !

Umm, it was actually Ms. Toni, that was a teeny tiny upset about the "alright" comment I made. Oh heck on yahoo she was giving me all sorts of pouting smileys so I had to do something to make them stop ;) !

It's your fault about the smiley war... You are the one who showed them all to me...

I knew you were kidding.... I was laughing with Terry when we were having our smiley war... :goodvibes

Tracy , you're too funny! Bill getting patted down by a guy. :lmao:

I so love your amazing string of blessings all the way through the airport! That's great that the skycap saw your need, and shepherded you through to save time and frustration for you!!

That's awesome that you helped that family out too! I know they must have really appreciated it a ton! I hope the rest of their stay was as wonderful as the help you gave them at the start!

It's your fault about the smiley war... You are the one who showed them all to me...

I knew you were kidding.... I was laughing with Terry when we were having our smiley war... :goodvibes

I love our smiley wars :rotfl2: we are such nerds
nerdparty.gif

Tracy , you're too funny! Bill getting patted down by a guy. :lmao:

I so love your amazing string of blessings all the way through the airport! That's great that the skycap saw your need, and shepherded you through to save time and frustration for you!!

That's awesome that you helped that family out too! I know they must have really appreciated it a ton! I hope the rest of their stay was as wonderful as the help you gave them at the start!

Poor Bill always gets patted down by the guys :sad2:. I love how you said "amazing string of blessings" you are so right!! That family was almost to the knock down drag out crying point and I knew what the issue was so I went for it :thumbsup2.

Yay! I love your trip reports! I can't wait to find out what the surprises were.
I can't believe how high up Bill was. That would scare me too!

Hey Tracy - so glad you are doing another trip report! Can't wait to hear all about this magical trip.

Yeah, the weather here in Florida has been a bit rough this winter (for Florida.....). Sorry about that.

Love that you got to spend so much time with your dear friends in WDW. Nothing better than friends and WDW together. :grouphug:

Wow, what a crazy busy airport so early in the morning! :eek: Glad you were able to bypass most of that. And yay for you for spreading so much pixie dust throughout that airport! :wizard:

More, please! :surfweb:

Trying to get caught up on my Dis reading. I have been following along but not posting. I think I would have peed my pants had I been watching a loved one get loaded onto the ME that high up! In fact, I think I would have had to look away. I am not afraid of heights myself but that just looks so super scary!

Looking forward to reading along! Did I mention I booked my family for this Christmas??? I'm so excited & reading your TR just makes it better! :goodvibes

I know exactly how feel about airports. I'm a nut job until I'm sitting on the plane with my DH and two kiddos. :thumbsup2

You're such a sweet person, no wonder pixie dust follows you and Bill around. :thumbsup2

Yay! I love your trip reports! I can't wait to find out what the surprises were.
I can't believe how high up Bill was. That would scare me too!

Thanks Katie! The busses like that freak me out.

Smiley wars! Such an oxymoron! :lmao:

:rotfl2:

Hey Tracy - so glad you are doing another trip report! Can't wait to hear all about this magical trip.

Yeah, the weather here in Florida has been a bit rough this winter (for Florida.....). Sorry about that.

Love that you got to spend so much time with your dear friends in WDW. Nothing better than friends and WDW together. :grouphug:

Wow, what a crazy busy airport so early in the morning! :eek: Glad you were able to bypass most of that. And yay for you for spreading so much pixie dust throughout that airport! :wizard:

More, please! :surfweb:

Hi Michelle!! It isn't your fault about the weather, I bet it is odd for you guys to have so many cold days. You are so right about nothing being better than spending time with friends in WDW, it makes the experience even more memorable.

Trying to get caught up on my Dis reading. I have been following along but not posting. I think I would have peed my pants had I been watching a loved one get loaded onto the ME that high up! In fact, I think I would have had to look away. I am not afraid of heights myself but that just looks so super scary!

Even though I am used to him having to go to WDW that way, I don't like it.

Looking forward to reading along! Did I mention I booked my family for this Christmas??? I'm so excited & reading your TR just makes it better! :goodvibes

I know exactly how feel about airports. I'm a nut job until I'm sitting on the plane with my DH and two kiddos. :thumbsup2

You're such a sweet person, no wonder pixie dust follows you and Bill around. :thumbsup2

I am so happy you are going around Christmas, it is so pretty there during that time. I have been there before around Christmas? I think the issue with me and the airport is I don't have control and being with Bill and helping him a lot I have to have control of things therefore it drives me insane until we are on the plane and settled. Thanks for the compliment :goodvibes.

The Mad Hatter: What is the hatter with me?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We have to have a room with a roll in shower, there are only so many at each resort. We waited in the online check in line until we were called and walked up to Suzydeerintheheadlights and told her my name. I told her we hoped to get a room not too far from the busses or the food court because I knew there was a chance of cold weather. She typed, said our room was not ready and wanted to know if we wanted to be called or text. I answered text and asked where the room was. She pulled out a Pop map and showed us this:

pop.jpg

Then she smiled at me, HUH what was there to smile about, there are only about 100 more rooms farther way then ours was. I said “we will pay for preferred if you have one”, she looked perplexed and asked me to wait a minute. She went into the back to talk to a manager, she came back out stating there were NO accessible rooms with roll in showers anywhere else available. Ok, well we will deal with it.

We went to the food court, got our food, then a text message about 15 minutes after we sat down stating the room was ready. So the great room hunt was on. We have stayed at Pop Century five other times and I am embarrassed to say we had not set foot in the 80’s section. We were always too busy going to the parks to explore the resort. Have you ever went looking for something and it seemed to take forever? I think we went the longest way we could have to get to our room, later on we laughed about it when we found how many other ways we could have went that would have made it shorter.

I walked into the room and saw these:

013.jpg

They were from the Disney Florist. It is called “Sprinkle her with Pixie Dust”. This fantastic man gets me flowers every trip!!

033.jpg

034.jpg

035.jpg

037.jpg

He had conspired with Toni to get me flowers. We are together a lot, so after he researched them he told Toni the name of the arrangement, gave her a credit card number and asked her to order them. It seems he did this when I was asleep on the couch one day, LOL. After I saw them I cried and thanked him.

I am the kind of person that has to unpack, put things where I want them, and get the suitcases out of the way. It is so much easier to do this when I am on the arrival adrenaline. I called luggage services and asked them to deliver our Garden Grocer order and then started taking pictures of the room.

016.jpg

017.jpg

The luggage was already in the room, I saw one with a tag that read “TSA Cleared”. I knew what bag it would be. I had a Sterilite box with all the Dayquil/Nyquil, pain meds, first aid stuff, etc. I had a feeling they might look in it. Like a good trip reporter I even took a picture of the flyer they left in the luggage:

018.jpg

On the other side is English, I just wanted to be different :rotfl2:. Here is the contraband I brought on the plane:

019.jpg

020.jpg

See my lime green lanyard in there?? That is an official Team Focker Watch lanyard from the wonderful Rosie, aka englishrose47. During the D23 event I was representing!!

Now by this time Toni and I had texted back and forth about 6,000 times and I let them know we were in the room. It was so funny when she would text me, the notification is music from Wall e and makes me smile every time I hear it. I had all our conversations on my blackberry the entire time we were in WDW and even when we got home. I went to look at them to help me with what the heck we did and when and it doesn’t have anything listed until Dec. 15th….. stupidsmartphonegotridofmystuff…say what??

They were coming from DTD, I remember that. I was a nervous wreck to meet them, so I decided to put up the window clings. This pic was taken from that night, I think:

027.jpg

They knocked, I opened the door and immediately wanted to hug the friend I had come to know after the countless hours of talking online, but I thought she would think I was nuts to I reined myself in. They were bearing gifts. I had something for her, but it was for her birthday, and had some stuff to buy to add to it. I felt woefully empty handed and horrible. We got some great stuff from the state of Oregon and just to show how utterly wonderful and caring Toni is she made us to blankets. This is Bill’s:

346.jpg

So sweet of her, she knows Bill loves the Dodgers. He used this every night at WDW and every night since we have been home. He is always cold and he just loves it. I got into trouble for not thinking of taking it when we went to his parents for Christmas.

I am not going to show my blanket yet, just know it figures prominently in this report and came in very handy.

We talked for awhile, it is a blur, just seemed unreal that they were standing in front of us. They needed to go back to their room and we were going to meet them at the bus stop.

We decided to get our annual passes at DHS and see if we could ride anything. It was great being at Pop again, we loved the Christmas atmosphere:

021.jpg

022.jpg

I saw Terry’s awesome camera and thought there is no use in even getting my little one out. I just felt odd using it when Bertha was snapping pictures left and right. Bill liked this because I didn’t have the camera out constantly.

We told them to just go ahead we had Annual Passes to purchase and we would meet up with them inside. My transaction at the ticket window was quick and painless. I had purchased an AP voucher with my taxes and had been holding on to it since Feb. 2010. We had a 1 day base ticket from November 2008 we were upgrading for Bill’s pass. The CM chatted with us while he updated it to the current gate price, applied that money toward the AP then gave us the total. We paid and were handed two lovely passes that would enable our Disney addiction for the next 365 days. Happily we went to the turnstiles, and it denied Bill’s AP, HUH??? The CM turned it over and it said it was expired, that it expired in 2009??? I said “WHAT? We just got it, here is the receipt”. He said to go back to the ticket window, we did and the windows were CLOSED?? I was complaining to Bill like I am apt to do when a manager type person with a nice shirt and tie asked what the problem was. I explained, he said he thinks he knows what happened and he would get it fixed. Come to find out the CM had updated the old ticket to current prices but didn’t change the date in the computer.

Now with a new AP for Bill with the correct year we were let inside. Oh we were so happy. The first order of business, to get a GAC (Guest Assistance Card). Why would we get one? Well every time we tried to enter through an exit in 2009 like we had in previous years because some of the queues aren’t accessible we were asked for a GAC. I kept explaining he didn’t need one, he was clearly in a power wheelchair, but they kept saying we really should have one. He didn’t want me to have to keep explaining this trip so we decided to get one so we would have it if asked.

While standing in line at Guest Services waiting for our turn I saw a CM that looked really familiar. It finally hit me who she was. She was Jensey Root’s Mom. Now many of you might not know who Jensey Root is. She is a FANTASTIC photographer that shoots weddings with her husband Nate. I first saw their work reading Lurkyloo’s wedding TR here on the DIS. Their pictures are amazing, wonderful, and about 500 other adjectives. I love their blog, reading about the places they shoot their sessions and getting to see their gorgeous little dog Huck. Jensey and I have talked back and forth a little bit on her blog, facebook, and twitter. Then her Mom disappeared in the back and didn’t come back out. Oh well, it was our turn and we told the CM what we were there for, a couple minutes later we had a GAC in hand. As we walked out of Guest Services Jensey’s Mom was walking in, I said “Excuse me, are you Jensey Root’s Mom?” She got a huge smile on her face and said yes. I explained that I had seen her picture on the blog and how much I admired Jensey and Nate’s work. She got a notepad out of her pocket and asked me my name because she wanted to text Jensey about me recognizing her. She was such a sweet person.

We texted with TnT deciding to meet in Pixar Place, we rode TSM and by that time the park was getting ready to close. TnT decided to hang with us with all the others in wheelchairs/ECV’s, it was a different experience for them. It took several busses until we made it on, the line was long. The bus we were on was one of the newer ones with 3 spots for wheelchairs/ECV’s. I took a picture, there is on spot behind Bill:

026.jpg

We got back to Pop, ate at the food court again, talked Toni and Terry’s ears off, and kept saying we should head to the room. We had been up since 4am and were T I R E D, but having them right in front of us was kind of surreal, I didn’t want the night to end. We finally let them leave before they thought we were trying to kidnap them and went to our room. We decided no alarm and just sleep as long as we wanted.

Next installment… did we scare them off, how did the “plan” work?, and Once Upon a Christmas Time

Great update Tracy! Bummer about the AP being wonky though! Of course you guys would love TnT....they are awesome peoples :love:

I have to ask this question.........Please fellow DISers please don't harm me or heaven forbid, Ban me from the boards for asking this......I promise I mean you no harm....hehehe. Oh yeah, The question: What is the "Official Team Focker Watch"?

Great update Tracy! Bummer about the AP being wonky though! Of course you guys would love TnT....they are awesome peoples :love:

I have to ask this question.........Please fellow DISers please don't harm me or heaven forbid, Ban me from the boards for asking this......I promise I mean you no harm....hehehe. Oh yeah, The question: What is the "Official Team Focker Watch"?

Team Focker is a thread on the community board here. They are on their 13th thread. It is a bunch of fantastic people that chat with each other, anyone can join in. I read more than post because well my life is boring. Rosie was sweet enough to send me the lanyard. They are called Fockers because if they see each other in the park they might do this
watching.gif

Bill is a great guy for getting those flowers delivered for you - definitely a keeper!

Isn't he so sweet?

Oh my gosh, I love Bill's blanket!!! :thumbsup2

You're flowers are lovely, as is the pretty charm necklace. He's so thoughtful! :goodvibes

Sorry about the AP trouble - but thankfully it was fixed that day. I love reading about DIS meets. Isn't it amazing when you meet someone "in person" whom you've been chatting online with and there's no "strangeness" about it? That's when you know you'll be great friends for a very long time! :)

Bill, what a romantic he is. :love:

Kevin is the same way when it comes to unpacking and settling in the room.
Its a must!!

Can't wait for more!!

Your room was great, other then the fact that it was WAY TOO FAR FROM ME!! :headache:

I was really nervous about giving the blankets to you guys... I am such a nerd... Terry laughed at me the whole walk to your room...

Oh, and I don't know what you are talking about... I never heard anything about flowers... :rolleyes1

The bus line back from DHS was very eye opening for Terry and I... And the attitude of some of the transportation employees is just amazing... :rolleyes:

Terry and I both had a great time talking in the food court that night, it wasn't awkward at all, and we would have stayed later if it wasn't for that pesky morning ADR!!

A good report I am enjoying it.

It is nice when you meet up with someone, you are right very nerve wracking but nice when it all goes well.

I met up with a friend I had met through another site at Disneyland it was great.

look forward to reading some more.

Kirsten

Seemed like it was a wonderful 1st night for your vacation. I hope the good vibes :goodvibes continue through the entire trip for you! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!