Birthday tips!

Discussion in 'Disney for Families' started by disney is my life, Dec 3, 2012.

1. disney is my life

disney is my life DIS Veteran

Just wondering what you guys have done to make someone in your family's birthday extra special at disney?

2. daisyduck123

daisyduck123 <font color=green>I just love those parmesan mashe

We've been in WDW several times on DD's bday. Some things we've done:

1) Dinner in Cinderella Castle
    2) Dinner in Norway
    3) Illuminations Celebration Cruise (boat was decorated with balloons, banner, etc.)
    4) Preorder b-day cakes (had these delivered to wherever we were having dinner & also had one delivered to the boat for our Illuminations Cruise)
    5) Manicure at our resort's salon
    6) Decorated our resort room

3. mm1971

mm1971 DIS Veteran

We had a special dinner. It was around Halloween and it is her favorite holiday. It's a little expensive, but if you call the Disney florist, they have several ways to decorate your room while you are out.

Also, I found that if you let the CM's know, they do a great job making sure the little ones feel special.

4. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  5. RedHeadedFairy

RedHeadedFairy DIS Veteran

We went for DD's 3rd birthday & let them know at the front desk when we checked in. On her b-day morning, she got a wakeup call from Goofy!

6. disney is my life

When you say decorating the resort room I have been thinking about this but was wondering if you had a birthday banner how would you hang it up?

7. daisyduck123

daisyduck123 <font color=green>I just love those parmesan mashe

I had a banner which I strung across the curtain rod. I'd poked holes in both the top left & top right corners of the banner. I used curling ribbon strung thru the holes and hung the banner that way. At least...that's how I remember it.

I also had a 1/2 dozen Mylar birthday balloons (Disney-themed, of course!). The front desk inflated those for me (this was at 7am when they were not busy.)

I had a few Disney-themed tabletop decorations as well. I had purchased all of these items at our local party store before we'd left on our trip.

I did all the decorating early in the morning while the kids were still sleeping.

8. disney is my life

Thanks for the ideas! :)

9. disney is my life

Thanks ! I had been wondering how to hang it without taping or damaging the wall. And was also wondering about helium! Thanks again :)

10. Eoywin

Eoywin Chaos Mandy

We are going to Disney in October for DD's 5th birthday. I hadn't thought much about what I was going to do special (though it's her first trip to the World, so it's pretty special already :goodvibes)

Planning on doing Pirate's League or BBB, but that's all I have planned right now.

11. BillEdrich

BillEdrich Earning My Ears

We also had a memorable dinner party at dad's birthday. The thing which made it most memorable was the presence of whole family. It was a great experience for us that everyone was together, talking to each other, having fun etc.

I can't forget that dinner. One of the best moments in my life.