Birthday tips!

Just wondering what you guys have done to make someone in your family's birthday extra special at disney?

We've been in WDW several times on DD's bday. Some things we've done:

1) Dinner in Cinderella Castle
2) Dinner in Norway
3) Illuminations Celebration Cruise (boat was decorated with balloons, banner, etc.)
4) Preorder b-day cakes (had these delivered to wherever we were having dinner & also had one delivered to the boat for our Illuminations Cruise)
5) Manicure at our resort's salon
6) Decorated our resort room

Just wondering what you guys have done to make someone in your family's birthday extra special at disney?

We had a special dinner. It was around Halloween and it is her favorite holiday. It's a little expensive, but if you call the Disney florist, they have several ways to decorate your room while you are out.

Also, I found that if you let the CM's know, they do a great job making sure the little ones feel special.

We went for DD's 3rd birthday & let them know at the front desk when we checked in. On her b-day morning, she got a wakeup call from Goofy!

We've been in WDW several times on DD's bday. Some things we've done:

1) Dinner in Cinderella Castle
2) Dinner in Norway
3) Illuminations Celebration Cruise (boat was decorated with balloons, banner, etc.)
4) Preorder b-day cakes (had these delivered to wherever we were having dinner & also had one delivered to the boat for our Illuminations Cruise)
5) Manicure at our resort's salon
6) Decorated our resort room

When you say decorating the resort room I have been thinking about this but was wondering if you had a birthday banner how would you hang it up?

When you say decorating the resort room I have been thinking about this but was wondering if you had a birthday banner how would you hang it up?

I had a banner which I strung across the curtain rod. I'd poked holes in both the top left & top right corners of the banner. I used curling ribbon strung thru the holes and hung the banner that way. At least...that's how I remember it.

I also had a 1/2 dozen Mylar birthday balloons (Disney-themed, of course!). The front desk inflated those for me (this was at 7am when they were not busy.)

I had a few Disney-themed tabletop decorations as well. I had purchased all of these items at our local party store before we'd left on our trip.

I did all the decorating early in the morning while the kids were still sleeping.

daisyduck123 said:
I had a banner which I strung across the curtain rod. I'd poked holes in both the top left & top right corners of the banner. I used curling ribbon strung thru the holes and hung the banner that way. At least...that's how I remember it.

I also had a 1/2 dozen Mylar birthday balloons (Disney-themed, of course!). The front desk inflated those for me (this was at 7am when they were not busy.)

I had a few Disney-themed tabletop decorations as well. I had purchased all of these items at our local party store before we'd left on our trip.

I did all the decorating early in the morning while the kids were still sleeping.

Thanks ! I had been wondering how to hang it without taping or damaging the wall. And was also wondering about helium! Thanks again :)

We are going to Disney in October for DD's 5th birthday. I hadn't thought much about what I was going to do special (though it's her first trip to the World, so it's pretty special already :goodvibes)

Planning on doing Pirate's League or BBB, but that's all I have planned right now.

We also had a memorable dinner party at dad's birthday. The thing which made it most memorable was the presence of whole family. It was a great experience for us that everyone was together, talking to each other, having fun etc.

I can't forget that dinner. One of the best moments in my life.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter