Birthday Promotions

Discussion in 'Disney Rumors and News' started by papadis, Jul 30, 2013.

1. RejoyceoverDisney

RejoyceoverDisney DIS Veteran

Sometimes the resort check in desk has them or you can get one in Guest Relations at the parks.
    I was their with an elder friend a few years ago. She was celebrating her 79th birthday which was the month before. She wore her button a few days and got a couple Happy Birthday wishes. At Mama Melrose's in HS she was given a white paper chef hat with Happy Birthday written on it. I can't remember if we ordered dessert and they put a candle in it or if they brought over to her a dessert but they did have a candle and sing to her. She was so happy.
    (She had never been to Disney before and wanted to say she went. Twist my arm to bring her. LOL)

Sounds like a lot of people celebrate something and go to Disney. We will be there in November as our 25th Anniversary is the 5th but we can't get there until the 16th. I'll get anniversary buttons and most likely wear them the whole week. Although we are going with my girlfriend and her husband so I'm sure it will be odd when there are rides that my friend and I already discussed swapping husbands based on interests of kind of rides. And even odder if my husband and her husband go on rides together. I guess we will have to think about this. I'm sure we will confuse people.
    :lmao:

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. gwany1999

gwany1999 Mouseketeer

Wear can I pick up the buttons? My son will turn two while we are there.

4. mm1971

mm1971 DIS Veteran

I was just there and got the following for my B-day(Was wearing the button).

1)On one ride, I was allowed to enter the fastpass line when he saw me in the regular line.
    2) We got a free dessert at the Main Street Bakery (Paid for the others)
    3) Dinner at BOG I got to have the Grey stuff of course, and also a birthday card from Belle and Beast
    4) Hundreds of Happy Birthday wishes from cast members and guests alike.

Nothing was expected. In fact I only wore the button because my DD asked me to and she wore a celebrating button. It was a fun day. I'm pretty sure nothing is given and it's supposed to be a way a CM can spread a little magic if they wish.

5. mm1971

mm1971 DIS Veteran

Could be anywhere. BOG will serve her The Grey Stuff as a special item. Free desserts can come from any CM. For my daughters 9th birthday she got a huge ice cream sundae from the gentleman working the register at POFQ food court.

6. mulan1123

mulan1123 Mouseketeer

I'm going to WDW for a week and I'll be wearing my birthday button all week (we check-out on my birthday). Since it's my first time as well, I get a "My first visit" button too (I believe).

7. RejoyceoverDisney

RejoyceoverDisney DIS Veteran

Yes you can get both. You just have to ask for them sometimes.
    IF the resort doesn't have them at check in, go to Guest relations at the parks.

I like the expect nothing and you just never know if Pixie dust will appear.

8. doconeill

doconeill Fastpass Jedi Master DIS Lifetime Sponsor

I spent 9 days in the parks just recently, wearing a birthday button (my actual birthday was on our last night - but you don't have to actually have your birthday while there...DW's was a couple days before the trip started, and she wore won - it's whatever you are celebrating really...)

I don't recall getting too much for "freebies" but didn't expect anything anyways. Got a LOT of "Happy Birthday!"s from cast members, and even other guests!

DW and I had dinner at Artist Point over at the Wilderness Lodge, and had an amazing server, Keith, and he brought us champagne framboise. That was probably the only freebie.

On my actual birthday we had dinner at the Hoop-Dee-Doo Revue, and at the start of the show at one point I looked up from whatever I was doing and suddenly found Claire de Lune in my lap...don't know if that was from the button or I was just an easy target...

9. hebbynan

hebbynan Chase and Eli's Mom

I second this...WEAR IT ALL DAY EVERY DAY! Our trip in 12 days is a vacation but also to celebrate my graduation from college (FINALLY!!) from way back in May! But you know what - I'm wearing that "I'm Celebrating" button and my graduation mouse ears every day I'm there!!!! :woohoo:

10. mulan1123

mulan1123 Mouseketeer

Thanks for the info!

I'm going with a friend, and I think she made sure to let them know that it was my first time and my birthday!

11. mulan1123

mulan1123 Mouseketeer

Congrats on graduating college! :thumbsup2

12. hebbynan

hebbynan Chase and Eli's Mom

Thank you!!