Birthday Help

mushumadness

<font color=ff6633>Shopaholic<br><font color=cc339
Morning all

Well its my birthday on Friday (Ill be 24 this time), the problem is everyone is asking me what I want as a present, well this may sound strange but theres nothing I really want right now,

Would it be rude to ask for dollars so I can get some of my halloween village in america, ? I dont want to upset anyone by asking.

Chris is taking me shopping to meadowhall today to see what I want, and I just know its going to be a long day trawling through the shops trying to think of something. Hes already getting me my busch gardens ticket which I think is enough but he doesnt agree, and he doesnt want to buy dollars so what should I do? I just know its going to cause an argument I can see it coming.

Any help appreciated

Anna ~ I did that this year for my birthday. Most people were just grateful that I knew what I wanted. Saves them getting you something that you really don't want. This way you can make use of your present and enjoy it too :goodvibes

I would ask for UK money rather than Dollars, and then you can change it yourself.

The reason is, if you ask for dollars, each person is going to pay commision on each transaction, whereas if you ask for UK money, then you only have to pay commision once.

Hope you have a lovely day shopping, and I hope you manage to find something from him.

I think its ok to ask for money, its better that people get you something you can use than a gift which will just gather dust in a cupboard.

I am sure if you explain why, then money will be a good idea and save alot of people wandering around shops and scratching their heads wondering what to get you!!

Claire ;)

I did this last year - rather than just asking for money, tell people there's a particular trip/outing you want to have while in Orlando and that you would like money to put towards it :)

Anna, I would ask for dollars then at least everyone will know that you will buy something special when you go on holiday. For the last couple of Christmas's I have asked people to get the girls dollars for their holiday and if they get them from the Post Office they won't have to pay any commision

Have a great birthday Anna :)

We have done this a couple of times, I don't think anyone would mind at all. :)

I don't think it is rude. Most people would rather buy you something what you really would like and it also saves them the time trawling around the shops thinking of what to buy you.
You could send them a postcard from Disney telling them what you have bought.

My birthday is in Sept' before out holiday to WDW & I certainly have no reservations about asking my mum (and whoever else may wonder what I want) to get me $

:sunny:

Jodie

I agree its better to know that you are giving something that will be appreciated. Anyone who doesn't like just giving money you could suggest 'buys' you part of the village you are collecting.

It's nice to have a bit extra to spend too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter