1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

Birthday Cakes....

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by Lollipop's Mom, Mar 6, 2013.

1. Lollipop's Mom

Lollipop's Mom <font color=teal>Special trip with your little one

How are they? Taste good? Anyone have a photo?

We are going on our re-do cruise and my daughter's birthday lands on the Thursday we are at sea - I want her to have a real cake on her birthday, not just the chocolate mousse thing they do in the dining room, but something tells me I once read that they taste icky.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. KPetty725

KPetty725 DIS Veteran

Yeah, they're not good at all. My husband and I cruise often on our anniversary so we've had the celebration cake a few times. Think frozen Walmart bakery cake and you're getting close. Better to order the cake of the day from room service and have them put a candle in it!

4. Lollipop's Mom

Lollipop's Mom <font color=teal>Special trip with your little one

Ok thanks - :)
    Maybe I will get a great server who can hook us up with something neat!

5. superrach

superrach Mouseketeer

I agree its not good (frosting is cheap like cool whip and cake tasted old) and we had so many food options in the dining rooms that we regretted ordering that cake. Didn't even like looking at it when we got back to our room at night cause we were so full from dinner!!

6. MissDaisyofTexas

MissDaisyofTexas DIS Veteran

I was just reading a thread about this earlier today, because my daughter will turn 4 on our late 2014 cruise. Basically, there are some custom cakes you can order that are fresh and good (according to the thread). There is an order form you can fax in 7 or more days before your cruise.

7. reagansmom

reagansmom Mouseketeer

My mom ordered a chocolate cake for my birthday last week and it was pretty good. Once I find the pictures, I can post or email to you. It was very sweet, though. We ended up taking it back to the room and DH worked on finishing it.

8. peachygreen

peachygreen DIS Veteran

If you order the cake it is actually pretty decent. I've had better but I've had much, much worse. You can choose your frosting type to have buttercream, whipped or chocolate. You can also choose your filling.

This is my Dad's birthday cake. We are getting one next week for my daughter.

[​IMG]
    ry=400 by peachygreen2010, on Flickr

This particular cake was white cake with strawberry filling and buttercream frosting.

9. TLSnell1981

TLSnell1981 Tiny bubbles... make me happy... make me feel fine

We ordered a cake and it wasn't very good. Most of it was thrown out.