Birthday cake

mayesq

Mouseketeer
I want to order a birthday cake for my son on our cruise in August. Has anybody ever done this before? Anybody have tips, suggestions or pictures? Thanks in advance.

I want to order a birthday cake for my son on our cruise in August. Has anybody ever done this before? Anybody have tips, suggestions or pictures? Thanks in advance.

on the disneycruise.com web sight got the Planning Center Icon. Select the In_room Gifts and Shopping. You can click on the celebration packages and hit the filter results button.

Have done both the Celebration Cake and the Birthday Celebration Package on differnt occasions.

My DBF ordered one for me on our last cruise. The cake was good but with all the other desserts and offerings on board we each only ate one slice. I think there is the option to have it delivered to your MDR but we went to Palo for my birthday and I was not giving up my soufflé. My DBD knew this so opted to have it sent to our room.

This is for my son who is turning 12. What does the celebration cake look like?

We had the celebration pkg with cake for my son's 3rd birthday.

decor2_zps8351c0a8.jpg
If you can see - the bottom of the cake is covered in Mickey head and circle colored sprinkles)

decor_zpsd040af7c.jpg

door.jpg
(the birthday magnet was part of the celebration pkg... not the other magnets or the hat)

decor2_zps8351c0a8.jpg
If you can see - the bottom of the cake is covered in Mickey head and circle colored sprinkles)

decor_zpsd040af7c.jpg

door.jpg
(the birthday magnet was part of the celebration pkg... not the other magnets or the hat)

Thanks so much for the pictures. I wasn't sure what to do - the celebration cake or the Mickey cake. And I'm still torn on whether I should have the cake in the room or at dinner. Hmmmmmm.

You can order a regular cake to be delivered in the MDR. Someone at our table did that one cruise but was upset because it wasn't brought out until after everyone had already ordered and eaten their desert so not much was eaten. It was too big to put in the fridge in the room.

I had read somewhere that they give a small complimentary birthday cake in the MDR. I plan on doing that for my son's 10th birthday on the Fantasy. But of course if you want a fancy cake or have more in your party, I'd order a cake. It'll just be 4 of us so the complimentary cake should be perfect for us.

I had read somewhere that they give a small complimentary birthday cake in the MDR. I plan on doing that for my son's 10th birthday on the Fantasy. But of course if you want a fancy cake or have more in your party, I'd order a cake. It'll just be 4 of us so the complimentary cake should be perfect for us.

They don't serve comp. cake on board now, they serve a single serve chocolate mousse type dessert.

Thanks so much for the pictures. I wasn't sure what to do - the celebration cake or the Mickey cake. And I'm still torn on whether I should have the cake in the room or at dinner. Hmmmmmm.

The celebration package that is listed on the website for cruises leaving out of Port Canaveral does not list the cake anymore.

Birthday Celebration Package
Item 2220

Celebrating a Birthday? Our new Birthday Celebration Package is set up and brings an air of celebratory excitement to the stateroom. Included in this package is an exclusive Disney Cruise Line bed runner, a Happy Birthday Disney character decorated door magnet, a beautifully crafted autographable birthday card and a Happy Birthday banner.

They don't serve comp. cake on board now, they serve a single serve chocolate mousse type dessert.

Very sorry to hear that. Guess I'll need to look and order a cake now. Don't think my son will like the mousse. Thanks for the info!

the celebration package looks very nice. i didn't know it came with the door magnet, very cute.

decor2_zps8351c0a8.jpg

decor_zpsd040af7c.jpg

door.jpg

This is the same one we order for DS and DD bday.. It was really cute to open the door and see everything decorated. Like other post, we had ate so much stuff that we only and a slice or two. But I would do it again. Our cruise was almost five years ago but I still keep the bday magnet on our fridge.

I surprised my husband with a birthday cake like the one pictured in the previous post last July. It was around $55 for cake, decoration, and magnet. The cake was small and tasted more like whipped cream than anything else. He was surprised so it was worth it. I probably wouldn't buy it again tho.

What is a bed runner and where what does Disney's look like?

The celebration package that is listed on the website for cruises leaving out of Port Canaveral does not list the cake anymore.

Birthday Celebration Package
Item 2220

Celebrating a Birthday? Our new Birthday Celebration Package is set up and brings an air of celebratory excitement to the stateroom. Included in this package is an exclusive Disney Cruise Line bed runner, a Happy Birthday Disney character decorated door magnet, a beautifully crafted autographable birthday card and a Happy Birthday banner.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter