Billy Hill and the Hillbillys

Discussion in 'Disneyland (California)' started by SnowWhite09, Jan 4, 2012.

1. SnowWhite09

SnowWhite09 DIS Veteran

Can someone please explain this show to me? Specifically is it a sit-down meal and show or can you just watch the show?

TIA! :goodvibes

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. scion5220

scion5220 DIS Veteran

Assuming it's always the same as when I was there in September, it's just a counter service location with seat yourself tables inside and then the show runs periodically while people are eating.

The show was GREAT!

:thumbsup2

And I just had a snack while I was watching, not even sure you have to be eating to sit in there.

4. skiingfast

skiingfast <font color=teal>Has had no bacon<br><font color=b

Simply it is counter service food, you take it back to your table, eating inside the building with a stage. The show runs on a schedule so it can be hit or miss, aim for 10-15 minutes before to get food first if you want to dine and watch.

You don't have to get food there. But if hungry it's possible to grab your food at a nearby locations and bring it with you too.

5. elaw

elaw DIS Veteran

Its an audience involved, musical (bluegrass/country) comedy routine. IMHO it's a not to be missed, "Hidden Gem". One of my favorites :thumbsup2

6. IndayMichelle

IndayMichelle Hopelessly addicted to DLR and WDW popcorn

I'm embarrassed to say that I have never seen this show! My cousin and I plan on watching tomorrow over a root beer float. I'm excited!

7. elaw

elaw DIS Veteran

It's hilarious ... and no two shows are exactly the same. They also sometimes switch out the main "Billys" from time to time (I think there's only two different CM's that play the part)

8. SnowWhite09

SnowWhite09 DIS Veteran

Sounds like fun, thanks everyone! :goodvibes

9. LavenderPeach

LavenderPeach <font color=darkorchid>Didn't understand how you c

I would actually plan on showing up earlier than that if you want to get something to eat there. The lines are SLOW! I think i stood in line for at least 20 minutes the last time we went and I still didn't get my order until after the show started.

10. SnowWhite09

SnowWhite09 DIS Veteran

Thanks for the tip LavenderPeach! :goodvibes

11. blackjackdelta

blackjackdelta <font color=darkorchid>Uncle had an "in" with Walt

Don't they have a take out window that keeps them busy also. They are just very slow and very funny. You can see them on youtube.

Jack

12. pixiewings71

pixiewings71 <marquee><font color=deeppink>Sweet!!! Totally!!!!

The take out window is on the opposite side outside, it is served by the same kitchen as the inside counter. Definitely get there at least 30 min. early if you want to eat and watch the show. It's not necessary to buy food there, we've watched plenty of times without ordering something to eat but when we aren't eating we go upstairs to watch. :) I prefer to save the downstairs tables for diners, but that's just me because I see plenty of people without food sitting downstairs. :) For best seating get there early and have someone who can hold a table or you probably won't get one. It's a hilarious show, they crack me up! And we love them! :)

13. KCmike

KCmike Never have fallen asleep on any

Please tell me if I'm wrong but I believe now their is only one main Billy "Elvis Billy" and he is far and away the best one. He's hilarious. It for sure is not to be missed. It is one of my top ten things to see in DL!

[​IMG]

14. Malcon10t

Malcon10t DIS Veteran

John Marshall (Billy Bass) is the creator and founder of the Billy's. He is by far my favorite. He is an amazing musician. The other main ones are Kirk Wall as Billy Elvis, Duane Michaels as Bald Billy, and Dennis Fetchet as Billy Fiddle. The back up front Billy is Silly Billy, John Eaden, who is also in Laughing Stock. Other back up billys are Anders Swanson, Rick Storey, and John David. John David is amazing on guitar. He was there over Christmas, and I loved getting to listen to him again.

Here is a link to the Billys in 1988 when they performed in Critter Country.

15. Pinocchio #1 Fan

Pinocchio #1 Fan Believer in the power of Hakuna Matata!

You don't have to get your food in the saloon to get s table. I send my wife to grab a table, then I go to the turkey leg cart and get us some legs to eat while we watch the show.

I cannot say enough good things about this show. If you only see ONE show at DL, this is the one!

16. SeattleTink

SeattleTink <font color=deeppink><marquee>Why do I always feel

We LOVE the Billy's!

This show is awesome. This is a true "FAMILY" show....everyone from a toddler to Grandma's love this show.

One of the best entertainment shows at DLR, IMHO.

Food is optional to buy....but the sundaes are good. We have eaten our premade sandwiches while watching the show as well. It is nicely air conditioned and is a good reason to take a break from the hectic parks.

17. WannaseePooh

WannaseePooh Mouseketeer

Everyone in my family (except me) didn't want to go, they whined about the wait, and LOVED every minute of the show. Go see it.

18. KCmike

KCmike Never have fallen asleep on any

I knew they had three different lineups in the past (gold team, etc.) but I thought they were down to one now?

19. SeattleRedBear

SeattleRedBear Mouseketeer<br><font color=red>An old floorboard c

I'll second the slow lines...if you want to get food there and eat while watching the show, get there at least 20 minutes before the show.

20. Malcon10t

Malcon10t DIS Veteran

No, gold team performs Thurs, Fri, sat, while the Blue team performs Sun/Mon. I prefer the Gold team. (I actually preferred the Green team, which performed Tues/Wed.)

21. rramstad

rramstad Mouseketeer

I had a similar experience... this was on my Must See list, and I dragged everyone there on our last day, with much grumbling from kids who wanted to ride rides... but we all enjoyed it.

The desserts are pretty good... five of us (two adults, three kids) shared a piece of the Mile High cake and a sundae, and it was plenty! Inexpensive if you share...