Bike for teen girl?

kellia

DIS Veteran
Dd will be 15 this summer. Her bike (my old mountain bike that is almost 20 years old) needs a couple of parts that are costly and so we don't think the bike is worth fixing. I am unsure if we should get her a cheap Walmart/TRU bike or go ahead and get her a nice one that will last. We are planning to get her a nice one so she can get 20 years out of it like I did, but should we wait until college? I'm just wondering with driving a car coming up in a year or so, do teen girls ride their bikes much? It seems like I remember forgetting I had one for a few years until after high school! Any suggestions? We do like going for bike rides as a family, so we will get her something.

Any suggestions? Also, what "styles" of bikes would be best for her? Another mountain bike?

Thanks for any advice! :)

I say go to Walmart. She may grow in a few years and need another one for height reasons. Also, as teens get older they "forget" they even have a bike.:lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter