Biggest prize you have won?

The Disney Wish and Win Sweepstakes! I won a $100 gift card :cool1:

This is the first thing I can remember winning...ever!

I won a case of wine which seemed to evaporate ever so quickly.
Must keep trying competitions.

Ian

I have found online_sweepstakes.com and won a lot of little things (I only enter for things I would love to either have or give as gifts). We won a year lease on a car back in 2000, but that was my ex-husband. My biggest win was a freebie code to get my taxes done...and I got my best refund to date:cool1:

I once won a monthly contest from Microsoft for IT Pros. They were looking for memorable tech support stories, and I won an HP iPaq--an expensive PDA at the time.

MS officially owns my story now, so I can't tell it :rolleyes1, but it involves an end user and a certain "social" disease that he was researching and didn't know there would be records of it :rotfl:.

When I was in college, I entered a "Best Prank" contest on some site for college students. I forgot about it after a couple days and then about three months later, got an email saying that I'd won a digital camera for my prank and all I had to do was fill out a form, have it notarized, and send it in. When I bought a new camera a few years later, I gave that one to my dad.

The prank that won? Fairly simple. I took a screenshot of my roommate's desktop, loaded it as her wallpaper, and hid her icons and toolbar. Then I went to class and to work.

I also won a box set of the original Indiana Jones movies when Crystal Skull was coming out.

When my daughter was in third grade she was in the drawing for a hungry hippo game with some candy because of perfect attendence...I couldn't make it to the awards day that nine weeks and was surprised to hear that she won. Well when I got home she said "Mom, if you ever want to win something, just wish that you DON'T win and they will call your name" I said why in the world would you wish that? "Well", she said "some kid threw up in the isle and I didn't want to walk past it so I said to my self, Don't call my name...Don't call my name...Don't call my name...and sure enough they called my name"! I still laugh thinking about it :rotfl:

About 10 years ago i won 2 dave matthews band concert tickets on the radio. Last fall i won four roundtrip airline tickets in an online essay conest:thumbsup2

First I won LMT's world for a $1 (1 week at Regal Sun Resort @ Disney). Then, I was notified that I was also a "Staycations Suck" winner from LMT, we celebrated with the neighbors that helped make the video, the kids were thrilled. I had the affivadavits in hand from LMT announcing us the winner and then LMT called us back 90 minutes later to say it was a mistake, we didn't actually win at all! (Anyone that knows LMT will find this hysterical.) Well, I told them I would need some time to think about what had happened and process how I wanted to handle telling the kids about our win turned loss. I also don't like to have conversations when I am angry, upset or emotional. I took the weekend to think about it and had just started to find the humor in the situation when I guess the powers at LMT started to panic. They called me on Monday, I waited. They called me on Tuesday and I took the call. A high level manager explained that they couldn't annouce the "real" winner until I returned the affidavits and since they had made such a terrible mistake they would send all 10 of us who made the video on a vacation, we just couldn't call ourselves the "winners." It is truly one of the funniest things I have ever experienced. To this day, it was one of the most fantastic "Loser" vacations for 10 ever at a fabulous hotel in Chicago for several days in Christmas 2009. Oh good times LMT, good times! I still use them for all of my travel needs.

In the fall of 2006, there was a contest at Disneyland for annual passholders that was in conjunction with the re-opening of Pirates of the Caribbean. It was called "Discover the Fit" - it was for a 2007 Honda Fit!

I call it my "Mickey Car"!!:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter