Biggest Loser Run/Walker Thread 2012/13--Everyone Welcome! :)

Got my feet wet with my 1st half at the Rock'n'Roll in Portland. Too much fun! :)

I had a temp of a 101º the day before the race, though, so was just glad to finish. Seattle Rock'n'Roll half up next and I'm looking to improve my time. :cool1:

How is everyone's event season going?
Congrats on your half! And good luck with the Seattle Rock'n'Roll. :)

Congrats to you too Lisa! And enjoy that 5k. :)

I have been fighting piriformis syndrome and low back pain all spring (since the marathon in January).

We had already signed up for the Kentucky Derby mini-marathon (13.1) in April, so I went ahead and ran it, even though I felt undertrained. I decided to try slow and steady--only taking walk breaks at the water stops, and I had a great run. I seriously thought it might be my last half.

I am still fighting the piriformis syndrome, but all in all doing ok. I have given up the walk breaks and seem to be doing a little better. I don't know if the starting and stopping was aggravating my back or not. Who knows. At this point I am just happy to be able to run and workout.:goodvibes

I am signed up for the W&D. Not sure what else I will do this summer, but maybe a couple of shorter races. :)

I'm doing a 5k on Saturday -- my first one! :cool1:
Have fun, Lisa! Oh, and it wasn't 101º in Portland for the Half...I had been 101º 'cause I was sick. ;) Like you, I was just glad to get through it!

Congrats on your half! And good luck with the Seattle Rock'n'Roll. :)

I am still fighting the piriformis syndrome, but all in all doing ok. I have given up the walk breaks and seem to be doing a little better. I don't know if the starting and stopping was aggravating my back or not. Who knows. At this point I am just happy to be able to run and workout.

I am signed up for the W&D. Not sure what else I will do this summer, but maybe a couple of shorter races. :)

Thanks, Rose! You are such a fighter; I hope you continue to improve. :goodvibes

Oh, Rose, your back and piri are still giving you problems? Ugh. :worried:
Congrats on your 5k, Lisa!
Hi to everyone else! :wave2:

I've been on the path back to training after my knee surgery at the end of January. Took longer than I thought to get cleared for running, and I have more knee soreness than I anticipated, but I'm out there! Following the training program for Dumbo with a 1:1 run/walk. I've been doing a lot of core and PT exercises to support my training. My PT is pretty awesome - I have so many different exercises that it's not as much of a chore to do them. I pick at least 4 a day and keep mixing it up. :thumbsup2

This spring we did a family fun run in our neighborhood (a little over a mile) and my daughter and I were registered for a local kids "marathon" (a mile) but it got rained out. Next up, I'm planning to do a local 10k on June 22nd. I've never done that distance of race before, so I'm looking forward to it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter