Biggest Loser Fall Challenge!

expedition everest, space mountain, tower of terror, test track.

I leave a month from today for DLR! Soo excited.

Ran last night. The same loop I did Sat. morning. Was a minute 15 seconds slower. Wonder if that's because it was at night after a long day, and it was 30 degrees warmer or if my legs were just tired. Doesn't matter too terribly much. I did it!

Need to dash. Got to leave for work in 10 minutes and I'm not dressed yet!

Thanks!! I was really happy with it, especially considering the heat factor. I think it was warmer and muggier than we'd anticipated, given the start time (10pm). So the start line was at the DHS parking lot (the smaller of the entry booths, I believe). We ran the ramp up to Osceola Parkway and took that all the way down to the AK entrance, the looped around and went back down Osceola Parkway. Then we hung a right onto a trail that took us into the Wide World of Sports complex. We went all over that - around the track and the baseball stadium (probably one of my favorite parts!) and then out of the complex. Down Victory Way and somewhere else (definitely losing track of where I was at this point!), then heading into DHS via a back entrance. The last mile, pretty much, was in DHS - a combination of back- and onstage areas.

I ran from Corral B, which seemed like the right placement for me for this race. I'm not sure how the finishing times worked out for the corrals, but I'm guessing I was middle of the pack for Corral B. We had friends in the same corral (Ryan and Pat, who did the podcast segment with us) who finished 20 minutes ahead of me, but I know my overall placement was 2259 of (I think) about 9000 finishers.

I'm so glad I did it, and I'm looking forward to the half in January - already nervous about tacking on another 5K to what I ran last weekend! I'm staying the course with the Galloway training program - it served me well for the 10-miler. :)

Good luck!!

XO
Liz

Thank you Liz for the information. This is my goal for next year. I think it is an obtainable amount of running for me. I just got to let my hubby know my plans! :rotfl:

I'm going to make this quick considering its already 1am.

Nothing much planned the rest of the weekend. I'm going to be doing some baking tomorrow: peanut butter blossom cookies and coffee cake. We're putting pork in the crockpot for pulled pork sandwiches for dinner. Monday I have an early RE apt that morning. I'm going to be making a lasagna for dinner. We'll more then likely have salads and bread as sides.

I started this weight loss journey on Oct 23rd of last year. As of this past Friday I'm down 30 pounds since being in FL. I'm 1 pound away from being down 40 pounds overall (since May 2010).

G'night everyone, sweet dreams..

I am hoping for the 40 pounds for you this week! pixiedust:

Good Sunday morning :) I am going to post the QOTD and then do replies later after church and some running around.

Sunday, October 7 QOTD

It's a chilly 42 degrees in wesern PA. Winter is trying to creep in. How do you prepare for exercising during colder months? Do you still go outside to exercise or do you stay inside? And, if you live where you don't have cold months, you're lucky :)

Jill

I am an outside girl. I love the fresh air. I will run even when it is really cold ... however, I walk when it snows or is icy. Last year I was walking when it was icy and fell right on my behind beside a line of traffic. Luckily I was wearing my huge down football jacket so it padded my fall. Only my ego was hurt!

Hi Fran! Nice to see you! :flower3:

:flower3: Right back at ya' Lisa. Hope you are doing well. Missed your cheerful responses on here.

QOTD Monday, October 8

It's Monday so let's have a fun question! What is your favorite ride in each of the parks (MK, Epcot, AK, DHS, DL, CA)? Are there any rides you can do without or that you think need a makeover?

MK - Buzzlightyear

Epcot - Soarin'

AK - Safari

DHS - Toy Story Mania (I love this ride!)

I have not been to DL :sad: Someday!

Evening friends! Just a quick pop on to say hello! DD and I are near Boston overnight. Today was Museum of Science and tomorrow is New England Aquarium. And too much eating! Being good when and where I can, but enjoying splurges too.

DD surprised me with gifts for our Mother/Daughter time! She bought me the Disney Pixie Dust body wash (to go with my perfume) and a pair of mother/daughter necklaces for us to wear! How special! It may not be a Disney weekend, but it can still be great!

Tired, so I'm off to bed! TTY tomorrow or Tuesday!........P

What a thoughtful daughter you have. I keep trying to get my boys to "think outside the box" with gifts .... but I don't think it is in their DNA!:rotfl2:

WOW, lets see
MK: Buzz Lightyear
Epcot: Soarin
AK: Safari
DHS: Toy Story
CA: Radiator Racers!!
DL: Haunted Mansion decked our for Halloween!!

Ok can you tell I am not a big rider :) These I enjoy the most because Zach and I do them again and again and he LOVES them and I love watching him on them....

So good morning...only put on .4 this weekend which I am thrilled with because I figured it would have been more like 4 lbs!! Nothing like a good weigh in to keep you from having cake and ice cream for breakfast!!!
So here is my new motivation...for every week I have a loss...no matter how big or small...I am going to treat myself to something new...like a new piece of jewlery or a new shirt or something. I find that I never buy myself clothes or shoes and am often wearing things that don't fit...
when I was down 30 lbs last year my pants were litterally falling off me yet I did not go out and buy new ones because I still didn't have a good view of myself...no matter how much I lost I still hated the way I looked. So this time I am going to try and focus more on feeling good about the way I look and making sure I have the "accessories" to do it :) My DH however may not be happy with that as it means I am going SHOPPING :car: of course me feeling good about the way I look always has been a benefit for him if ya know what I mean :love2: :rotfl2::rotfl2:

I know when my clothes feel good, I feel good. I have some dress pants that are too big for me ... but I keep them as my, "Just incase" pants. I really should just give them to Goodwill. Perhaps this would get me to focus on staying at the weight I am at ... and losing those last 10-15 pounds. You are making me think about my behaviors .....

I think those are fabulous goals for yourself. :thumbsup2

QOTD Monday, October 8

It's Monday so let's have a fun question! What is your favorite ride in each of the parks (MK, Epcot, AK, DHS, DL, CA)? Are there any rides you can do without or that you think need a makeover?

MK = TTA
Epcot = Spaceship Earth
AK = EE
DHS = Toy Story Mania
DL = Pirates of the Caribbean tied with Haunted Mansion Holiday :santa:
DCA = Radiator Springs Racers (the best ride in any Disney park IMHO :teeth:)

Evening friends! Just a quick pop on to say hello! DD and I are near Boston overnight. Today was Museum of Science and tomorrow is New England Aquarium. And too much eating! Being good when and where I can, but enjoying splurges too.

Glad that you've had a great week-end, Pamela. How is your eye? :flower3:

Have a great week everyone!!!

Same to you! And here's some pixiedust: that you get to DL someday.

Tower of Terror was awesome but shook up 5yo niece a little bit and I was busy making sure she was all good once we were bopping up and down. She LOVES roller coasters and scary stuff, but I think ToT was a bit much for her.

Aww, poor DN. ToT shakes up some of us adults, too. ::yes::

Have a happy Monday everyone!

Same to you, MB! :goodvibes

Ok can you tell I am not a big rider :) These I enjoy the most because Zach and I do them again and again and he LOVES them and I love watching him on them....

It's so fun to see the parks through the eyes of our children! :love:

Mornin DISbuddies! I was wondering if anyone was doing a low carb diet?

I'm not sure if anyone is doing low carb this challenge but if you look at the BL recipes thread LTS (lovestoscrap) was a very successful South Beach person and posted some delicious recipes that you might want to check out. :thumbsup2

Hello everyone! I've been gone forEVER and desperately need to get back on track...starting right now! Just a quick post about my trip: It was awesome!!

Congratulations, Kaiti, on your great ToT race! :yay: Glad that you had a good time.

Can't wait to hear all about your trip! :smickey:

Mary•Poppins;46383064 said:
Thank you Liz for the information. This is my goal for next year. I think it is an obtainable amount of running for me. I just got to let my hubby know my plans! :rotfl:

This is a great goal, Fran, and totally doable. :thumbsup2

And I am going to channel Pamela for a second here . . . get rid of those "just in case" pants. :hug:

Hello all! :wave2: Trying to post on here at least once a day even if only to answer the QOTD. I'm swimming along here but need to be losing. I'm thinking there is a correlation between being on here and being successful. ::yes::

Happy Monday!

Yay and congrats on the 170s! Keep up the good work! I have never tried Zumba but have friends that love it. Maybe I should give it a try?
Have fun dancing the punds away.
I find it really fun so even though it makes me dog tired I feel really good about it
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

QOTD Saturday October 6
It seems like sometimes we have days where we are so busy we do not have time to cook dinner. What do you do? Do you have a go to quick meal or fast food that you can rely on in a pinch? What is this go to meal and how does it fit into your healthy eating plan?

I'll be back in the morning to check in. Good night!

Jill

if we are not out running errands (in which case we'd eat out someplace fast cheap and high calorie) then it's eggs or cereal night!

Good Sunday morning :) I am going to post the QOTD and then do replies later after church and some running around.

Sunday, October 7 QOTD

It's a chilly 42 degrees in wesern PA. Winter is trying to creep in. How do you prepare for exercising during colder months? Do you still go outside to exercise or do you stay inside? And, if you live where you don't have cold months, you're lucky :)

Jill
Well I only Zumba right now - looking into joining the gym if there isn't another class . not too big on cold weather and being out int it..

QOTD Monday, October 8

MK - Carousel of Progress
AK - Safari
Epcot - Spaceship Earth
MGM - Toy Story Mania
(never been to DL or CA)

DD surprised me with gifts for our Mother/Daughter time! She bought me the Disney Pixie Dust body wash (to go with my perfume) and a pair of mother/daughter necklaces for us to wear! How special! It may not be a Disney weekend, but it can still be great!

Wow that is just awesome and so thoughtful of your daughter! How's your eye?

belledreamer said:
I mainly exercise indoors as it is so the cooler weather doesn't really affect my exercise plan. In fact, it helps it because I'm more willing to take a walk outside! :thumbsup2

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Pretty quiet weekend this weekend. DGrandpa invited me to come stay for the weekend so I spent most of yesterday at his house visiting with friends and we went to church together this morning. This was my first time staying overnight since DGrandma died and the feeling was very surreal for me. I don't know...it's just a really weird feeling, especially since the whole house screams of her... But I'm glad I had the chance to spend some time with him this weekend. Plus that gave him the chance to give me the gift he got me from a recent trip; a hematite necklace with a carved dolphin charm that he picked out for me. Usually grandma picked out souvenirs from trips so I really liked that he picked this one. I'm wearing it now. :goodvibes

Back at home for the evening and looking forward to vegging out for the night.

Have a good Sunday!

Awww...what a great weekend with Grandpa. He was probably so happy to have you. And, how thoughtful of him to buy you a necklace!

camnhan said:
I hate being cold yet LOVE the winter...well at least when it looks like winter with the snow falling.. Not that that seems to happen much any more :(

Try to keep warm this winter!

indygirl99 said:
I love the cooler weather and cold really doesn't bother me as much as hot.:faint:

I plan to keep exercising outside as long as possible. Of course since I live in the Pacific NorthWET that means rain which I can handle. Ice not so much so it will be ice that sends me indoors.

I went out today with DH to run with the advise from Jeff Galloway and had a good 30 min run. DH said when we got back "Okay that man sure knows what he is talking about." Of course I had to laugh since I have much more exposure and knowledge of Jeff.

I'm glad that you don't mind the weather. I did the Galloway 5k app this summer & loved it. Can you share the advice that he gave you? I'd live to hear it.

pjlla said:

What a sweet & thoughtful DD! I'm glad you're enjoying you time with the kids. How's the eye?

CruiseBoundnKY said:
MK - I love Space Mountain in the front.

Epcot - My fav thing ever...Test Track (IN THE RAIN) :lovestruc:lovestruc

AK - Expedition Everest

DHS - RnR

Never been to the DL :sad:

Have a great week everyone!!!

Guess you're a daredevil! I've never been to DL either.

christinascreative said:
QOTD Monday, October 8

MK: So many to choose from... I love the Carousel of Progress- yep I'm a dork but there's nothing better than getting "There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow" stuck in your head ;) I love Space Mtn -- sitting in the front too, Peter Pan, It's a Small World... I MISS Mr Toad's Wild Ride from when I was a kid.

Epcot: Journey into the Imagination (Figment ride) for nostalgia purposes. I love that purple guy :) Soarin' is my newer favorite.

Animal Kingdom: We didn't do much in AK when we went in June (my first time there) because it was H O T that day. We did like the Kilimanjaro Safari. I'm dying to do Expedition Everest.

DHS: Muppets 3d. We didn't do RnR Coaster- niece wasn't tall enough and we ran out of time. Tower of Terror was awesome but shook up 5yo niece a little bit and I was busy making sure she was all good once we were bopping up and down. She LOVES roller coasters and scary stuff, but I think ToT was a bit much for her.

You have a nice list of traditional Disney rides. I think Muppets 3d is one of those overlooked shows.

disneymom2one said:
QOTD:

MK - Has to be Buzz. Love that ride first thing on an EMH morning.
Epcot - Soarin.
AK - The Safari
DHS - None. Just not our favorite park

Have a happy Monday everyone!

You have a fun list! And, I have to agree with Soarin'.

camnhan said:
WOW, lets see
MK: Buzz Lightyear
Epcot: Soarin
AK: Safari
DHS: Toy Story
CA: Radiator Racers!!
DL: Haunted Mansion decked our for Halloween!!

So good morning...only put on .4 this weekend which I am thrilled with because I figured it would have been more like 4 lbs!! Nothing like a good weigh in to keep you from having cake and ice cream for breakfast!!!
So here is my new motivation...for every week I have a loss...no matter how big or small...I am going to treat myself to something new...like a new piece of jewlery or a new shirt or something.

I'm do jealous you've been on Radiator Racers! It looks so cool!

.4 is nothing at all! I live your motivational rewards. I did that a couple challenges ago. It feels good to feel good!

rubybpc said:

I think Pamela eats lower carb. Maybe she will have advice/help for you.

JacksLilWench said:
Hello everyone! I've been gone forEVER and desperately need to get back on track...starting right now! Just a quick post about my trip: It was awesome!! I had no guilt about F&WF, enjoyed everything I ate on vacation, and ran my race in 2:29:40- under two and a half hours! Gonna get right down to business and get back on track, I gained way too much to be comfortable, so I'm hoping to change that soon!

Let's see....

MK- I always have to make sure I ride HM. It is my absolute favorite in the park, and the new queue is to die for (get it?!?:rotfl:)
Epcot- It sounds really cheesy, but my favorite is Gran Fiesta Tour with the Three Caballeros. That was one of my favorite movies when I was a kid, and I always love to see Fiesta Donald in Mexico because of it. It just makes me feel nostalgic :)
AK- Everest!! Without a doubt, I love me some roller coasters!
DHS- This is a tough one, because I can't leave the park without riding ToT and RnR. The atmosphere is palpable in both of them, and the ride operators are always in "character". I love them both!

I don't remember much about DL/DCA, so I can't say!

Congrats on the race! What did you think of the race? That Three Caballeros ride is so fun!

glss1/2fll said:
expedition everest, space mountain, tower of terror, test track.

Ran last night. The same loop I did Sat. morning. Was a minute 15 seconds slower. Wonder if that's because it was at night after a long day, and it was 30 degrees warmer or if my legs were just tired. Doesn't matter too terribly much. I did it!

Need to dash. Got to leave for work in 10 minutes and I'm not dressed yet!

Another daredevil, I see! I'm so jealous about you going to DL! I'll get there one day. Have a great trip!

I am an outside girl. I love the fresh air. I will run even when it is really cold ... however, I walk when it snows or is icy. Last year I was walking when it was icy and fell right on my behind beside a line of traffic. Luckily I was wearing my huge down football jacket so it padded my fall. Only my ego was hurt!

MK - Buzzlightyear

Epcot - Soarin'

AK - Safari

DHS - Toy Story Mania (I love this ride!)

I have not been to DL :sad: Someday

Ouch! I fell this summer while running but luckily there was no traffic around. It must happen to the best of us!

Do you keep score on Toy Story Mania?

So, I know I had looked at the 5k at the zoo & couldn't remember why I didn't sign up. So I looked again & realized that IT'S EARLY!! I'd have to leave around 5:30 to get there for registration. I'm not feeling that lol! But it's sounds fun! That zoo is pretty hilly so I bet it'll be a tough race! DH said my DS9 could never do it because he would stop to look at all the animals & forget that it was a race lol.

lisah0711 said:
MK = TTA
Epcot = Spaceship Earth
AK = EE
DHS = Toy Story Mania
DL = Pirates of the Caribbean tied with Haunted Mansion Holiday :santa:
DCA = Radiator Springs Racers (the best ride in any Disney park IMHO :teeth:)

Happy Monday!

That's a nice mixture of rides! We should have a BL Toy Story Mania challenge & see who can get the highest score!

bigsis1970 said:
if we are not out running errands (in which case we'd eat out someplace fast cheap and high calorie) then it's eggs or cereal night!

Well I only Zumba right now - looking into joining the gym if there isn't another class . not too big on cold weather and being out int it..

AK - Safari
Epcot - Spaceship Earth
MGM - Toy Story Mania
(never been to DL or CA)

Another good mixture of rides! A lot of people have mentioned breakfast for dinner in a pinch. Great minds think alike! Have fun with Zumba. I'll try it one day...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It took me longer to reply on the disboards app than I thought & now I have to run to get the kids from school. I'm heading to spinning at 4:30 then DS9 has drums at 7:30. I'll be back later for more replies & the QOTD for tomorrow. Hope everyone is having a good day!

Jill

QOTD Monday, October 8

MK - Splash Mountain
Epcot - Spaceship Earth
DHS - Aerosmith's Rockin' Rollercoaster
AK - Kilimanjaro Safari

I haven't been to Disneyland. :/
I can totally do without Dinosaur. It's too scary and bumpy for me :scared1:

This is a great goal, Fran, and totally doable. :thumbsup2

And I am going to channel Pamela for a second here . . . get rid of those "just in case" pants. :hug:

I agree .... I need to let go. I have some bags going to the Goodwill and I am going to take a look at my closet again and part with at least one pair if not more!

Hello all! :wave2: Trying to post on here at least once a day even if only to answer the QOTD. I'm swimming along here but need to be losing. I'm thinking there is a correlation between being on here and being successful. ::yes::

Happy Monday!

I do think there is a correlation. Nice to have you back.

Ouch! I fell this summer while running but luckily there was no traffic around. It must happen to the best of us!

Do you keep score on Toy Story Mania?

So, I know I had looked at the 5k at the zoo & couldn't remember why I didn't sign up. So I looked again & realized that IT'S EARLY!! I'd have to leave around 5:30 to get there for registration. I'm not feeling that lol! But it's sounds fun! That zoo is pretty hilly so I bet it'll be a tough race! DH said my DS9 could never do it because he would stop to look at all the animals & forget that it was a race lol.

I keep score with my sons ... all of us compete with each other. I couldn't tell you our highest scores. It only matters when we are there. I always try to find the strategies to high scores before we go. ;)

Sunday, October 7 QOTD

I will eventually head inside for my workouts. Right now, I'm trying to enjoy the fall weather before getting stuck indoors. It was in the 30s when I started my run/walk yesterday - and I still got a little sweaty. I have a pretty good selection now of gear to keep me comfortable. As long as the paths are clear and temps are above freezing, I'll be outside.
I already do my strength training inside, and I may do pool running or the elliptical as well. Hopefully I can at least get most of my long runs done outside - fingers crossed! (Please weather gods, don't make me do 20 miles on a treadmill!)

QOTD - Saturday -- quick meals
Our go-to quick meal is organic frozen pizza with a side of veggies. We will occasionally do breakfast for dinner or what we call "fend for yourselves" - which means we each have something that is lying around (veggie burgers, grilled cheese, etc.) As long as I can force myself to make veggies, these meals are usually pretty good for my calorie counts.

It does get cold in FL, MB, I think it is the humidity makes it seem colder. I like "supper in the car" -- sounds like you do a good job of being prepared. When DS was little and we ran out of time for breakfast we would do "breakfast in a bag" and had cereal in a bag while we drove to daycare. Sounded better than "no time for breakfast today." ;)
I'm glad you posted this. I still remember in a previous challenge where I lamented running out of time and giving a then-three-year-old-DD breakfast in the car - and you posted how it wasn't a bad thing and DD probably liked it. It made me feel a lot better at the time. :goodvibes And now, I've totally embraced breakfast on the go. DD and I eat breakfast in the car nearly every weekday. She has nutrigrain waffles, homemade muffins, or toast. I have peanut butter on whole wheat or a Larabar. She is such a slow eater and we have a lengthy commute to school, so it works out for us.

QOTD Monday, October 8

MK: Hmm...not sure. We like Philharmagic for a show, of course Small World is classic, and I think Splash Mtn is one of the best rides, but we don't go on it often because we don't like getting wet!
Epcot: Test Track (hope it's still great after the makeover!)
AK: Kilimanjaro Safari
DHS: Toy Story Mania
DL: Indiana Jones
DCA: Soarin (haven't been to Cars Land yet)

I don't know if anyone is doing low carb specifically, but we have several people who do gluten-free. Hopefully they can chime in if you have any specific questions!

AK - Safari
Epcot - Soarin
MGM - Toy Story Mania

Nice list. I love Soarin and TSM, too.

MK - Splash Mountain
Epcot - Spaceship Earth
DHS - Aerosmith's Rockin' Rollercoaster
AK - Kilimanjaro Safari

I haven't been to Disneyland. :/
I can totally do without Dinosaur. It's too scary and bumpy for me :scared1:

You sound like another daredevil!
I haven't even been on Dinosaur. And, I have no desire at this point.

I will eventually head inside for my workouts. Right now, I'm trying to enjoy the fall weather before getting stuck indoors. It was in the 30s when I started my run/walk yesterday - and I still got a little sweaty. I have a pretty good selection now of gear to keep me comfortable. As long as the paths are clear and temps are above freezing, I'll be outside.
I already do my strength training inside, and I may do pool running or the elliptical as well. Hopefully I can at least get most of my long runs done outside - fingers crossed! (Please weather gods, don't make me do 20 miles on a treadmill!)

Good for you for keeping up with your outdoor activities even when cold. I can't even imagine a 20 mile run let alone a 20 mile run on a treadmill! Yikes!

QOTD - Saturday -- quick meals
Our go-to quick meal is organic frozen pizza with a side of veggies. We will occasionally do breakfast for dinner or what we call "fend for yourselves" - which means we each have something that is lying around (veggie burgers, grilled cheese, etc.) As long as I can force myself to make veggies, these meals are usually pretty good for my calorie counts.

Pizza and veggies ounds yummy & quick! This is going on my list for time crunched days. Thanks!

QOTD Monday, October 8

MK: Hmm...not sure. We like Philharmagic for a show, of course Small World is classic, and I think Splash Mtn is one of the best rides, but we don't go on it often because we don't like getting wet!
Epcot: Test Track (hope it's still great after the makeover!)
AK: Kilimanjaro Safari
DHS: Toy Story Mania
DL: Indiana Jones
DCA: Soarin (haven't been to Cars Land yet)

I totally understand not wanting to be wet and walking around the park. I guess if I went in suer, I would love Splash! Yay for another TSM lover.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

QOTD~
MK~tie between Haunted Mansion and Pirates of the Caribbean
Epcot~Soarin With Test Track and very close second
DHS~Toy Story Mania (for now~it's a great family ride & my boys didn't want to do ToT or RR last year)
AK~Kali River Rapids (even though I am the one who always gets soaked even with a poncho!)

I have never been to DL. I really want to go, but it's pretty expensive to fly from PA. Plus, if I'm in California I'd like to do other things as well. Then, the next thing you know I have a 3 week vacation in the works! DH is constantly shaking his head at me :upsidedow

QOTD Tuesday, October 9

Have you ever hit a plateau in your weight loss journey? What did you do to get past this plateau?

Good night all! I'll see you in the morning!

Jill

Motivational Monday

There may be days when you get up in the morning and things arent the way you had hoped they would be.

Thats when you have to tell yourself that things will get better. There are times when people disappoint you and let you down.

But those are the times when you must remind yourself to trust your own judgments and opinions, to keep your life focused on believing in yourself.

There will be challenges to face and changes to make in your life, and it is up to you to accept them.

Constantly keep yourself headed in the right direction for you. It may not be easy at times, but in those times of struggle you will find a stronger sense of who you are.

So when the days come that are filled with frustration and unexpected responsibilities, remember to believe in yourself and all you want your life to be.

Because the challenges and changes will only help you to find the goals that you know are meant to come true for you.

Hoping everyone had a great and productive weekend, looking forward to a great week, I have two interviews wish me luck. The weather in Philadelphia has been horrible it was freezing this morning we had to turn the heat on. It sucks when it's rainy and horrible, you feel sleepy and lazy lol. I wanted to say no matter what don't let anyone stop you from completing your goals, not family members and not friends. If someone can't support a healthy life change then it's time to have a serious talk or time to evaluate the friendship.

QOTD Monday, October 8

This is hard. I love almost all of the rides.
MK - Wishes - I know it's not a ride, but it's my favorite thing to see
EPCOT - Test Track (or as we call it - Crash Test Dummies)
AK - Expedition Everest
DHS - Tower of Terror
DL - a tie between Matterhorn and Mr. Toad's Wild Ride
CA - a tie between California Screamin' and TSM

Just made a WDW Restaurant Spreadsheet for a friend who is going in Feb. (She doesn't have ADRs yet and I'm freaking out for her!!! She's going President's Week!!)

Anyways....I made the spreadsheet with my recommendations and now I'm hungry. Ugh. I hate being hungry so late at night.

JILBUR
The advise from Jeff Galloway was geared toward my running and my problems with asthma.

I have been run/walking 1 min/1 min but having some difficulty getting farther than about 6 miles. He told me to do 30 sec/30 sec or even 15 sec run/45 sec walk until I could get my endurance up.

I tried the 30/30 and feel it will work for now. No asthma attack yesterday when I ran, but I only ran for 30 min. Plus that puts me at the 13 min mile pace if I can continue and get my endurance up.

We also talked about how to get the stride shorter to lessen chance of injury. He said to run 30 sec and count your steps. Then run again for 30 sec and try to add one step. To do this 4-8 times in a drill and with practice the stride will get shorter and the steps will increase which will naturally increase your pace AND decrease risk for injury. He advised to keep steps as low to the ground as possible and to practice shuffling so that I was not as likely to raise my knee high which could increase risk of injury. Plus slow me down.

He is such a down to earth guy and loves to pass it on to the next group of runners. I will definately be signing up for his running school after my contact with him on saturday.

QOTD Monday, October 8

I have not been to the East coast but my favorite of the West coast rides for DLR: I enjoy all the rides but LOVE riding the Storybook canal boats and have to ride them several times each trip. I can just imagine being a tiny little person or character and moving from area to area. Plus I'm envious of all the great work the gardners have done to put this together.

In DCA i used to say Toy story was my favorite but this last trip was talked into TOT and oh my the drops really remind me of when I was a kid and we went on road trips and going over the hills a little too fast in the car (this was before seat belts) and we would move up off the seat just like you do in the drops in TOT. It may seem crazy but it brings back some really great childhood roadtrip memories.

Good Tuesday morning everyone

School has been kickingm y butt for the last month. I feel like I am so far behind in one class that I don't know how I am going to cover everything that needs to be covered. And I can't move any faster with this group because if they don't get the material we will have even more problems. Then throw in the fact that ALL the copy machines are down in the building and the printer in my room is over 10 years old and has been giving me problems adds to the stress.

QOTD Monday, October 8

MK TTA and then everything else except the raceway (my favorite park)
Epcot Soaring
AK safari
DHS TSM I do keep score on this because I have beaten dh every time I have played against him.

DL IASW the ride into this ride is so different from DW that it is worth the trip just to see this.

CA wasn't around when we were there.

Off to have breakfast.

Have a happy and healthy day.

;)Playing catch up again!! Busy weekend kept me off the computer ecept for a quick peek at email. High school football game Friday night, Army/BC game on Saturday (yay, Army!!), cheering friends on for the Hudson Mohawk Half Marathon on Sunday morning, and then campaigning 5 hours again on Sunday and Monday - we had Monday off for Columbus day.

Sunday, October 7 QOTD

Jill
I try to run outside until it gets really cold - maybe 17. Then I just can't take it. But the ice will scare me off - I'm a klutzy runner!!

Got my 9-mile run in. It was my longest run since the Tinker Bell run, which isn't good. We were very slow, so need to pick it up if we hope to finish the W&D in the time allowed. And we have to finish - we're getting the Coast to Coast medal!
Wow, wow, wow. So impressed with the Coast to Coast!!!

QOTD Monday, October 8

MK: Carousel of Progress
Epcot: Soarin'
AK: Expedition Everest
DHS: TSM

Mary•Poppins;46383064 said:
I am hoping for the 40 pounds for you this week! pixiedust: DITTO!!!! :goodvibes

I know when my clothes feel good, I feel good.

That is so true!!!

I have some dress pants that are too big for me ... but I keep them as my, "Just incase" pants. I really should just give them to Goodwill. Perhaps this would get me to focus on staying at the weight I am at ... and losing those last 10-15 pounds. You are making me think about my behaviors .....

Off to wake up DD13 - DS17 just left for the high school bus. Have a great day everyone!!
Jude

QOTD Tuesday, October 9

Have you ever hit a plateau in your weight loss journey? What did you do to get past this plateau?

I wouldn't say plateau exactly. For the past month it's been big loss one week, gain a little the next, big loss the following week, gain a little back. I'm trying to find some consistency losing. I had been doing it all along, just this past month has been weird. We'll see what the scale brings this week! ;)

Mary•Poppins;46385073 said:
I keep score with my sons ... all of us compete with each other. I couldn't tell you our highest scores. It only matters when we are there. I always try to find the strategies to high scores before we go. ;)

I could use some of your tips for when I go to WDW next month. I've yet to see an "Easter Egg" on that ride. ;)

I'm glad you posted this. I still remember in a previous challenge where I lamented running out of time and giving a then-three-year-old-DD breakfast in the car - and you posted how it wasn't a bad thing and DD probably liked it. It made me feel a lot better at the time. :goodvibes

Aww, thanks for mentioning that, Nicole! :flower3: DS doesn't even remember those hectic commutes now and it sounds like that makes for some good one-on-one time in the car together for your and your DD. ::yes::

QOTD Tuesday, October 9

When I hit a plateau I usually double check my tracking and caloric intake. After awhile I am not as vigilant as I should be and "things" start creeping in my mouth that are forgotten when it is time to record. I will also make sure I am getting all my activity because that will slow me down. I have had periods of time where the scale won't move but I lose inches and vice versa. It's one of those things where you just need to be extra careful and keep on course even if you can't see the finish line. :goodvibes

pixiedust: that you get to DL someday, Jill.

Hoping everyone had a great and productive weekend, looking forward to a great week, I have two interviews wish me luck.

pixiedust: for you and your interviews today, Ally!

Just made a WDW Restaurant Spreadsheet for a friend who is going in Feb. (She doesn't have ADRs yet and I'm freaking out for her!!! She's going President's Week!!)

Anyways....I made the spreadsheet with my recommendations and now I'm hungry. Ugh. I hate being hungry so late at night.

You are a good friend to help her! :flower3:

JILBUR
The advise from Jeff Galloway was geared toward my running and my problems with asthma.

I have been run/walking 1 min/1 min but having some difficulty getting farther than about 6 miles. He told me to do 30 sec/30 sec or even 15 sec run/45 sec walk until I could get my endurance up.

I tried the 30/30 and feel it will work for now. No asthma attack yesterday when I ran, but I only ran for 30 min. Plus that puts me at the 13 min mile pace if I can continue and get my endurance up.

We also talked about how to get the stride shorter to lessen chance of injury. He said to run 30 sec and count your steps. Then run again for 30 sec and try to add one step. To do this 4-8 times in a drill and with practice the stride will get shorter and the steps will increase which will naturally increase your pace AND decrease risk for injury. He advised to keep steps as low to the ground as possible and to practice shuffling so that I was not as likely to raise my knee high which could increase risk of injury. Plus slow me down.

He is such a down to earth guy and loves to pass it on to the next group of runners. I will definately be signing up for his running school after my contact with him on saturday.

I have been doing the shorter intervals for sometime now and it has really helped my running. I do 15/45 or 15/30. It is a lot easier to continue running throughout the run, even the longer ones, as you don't get so tired out at the end. I had so much gas in the tank during my last long run I was able to do some fast 800 m repeats at the end a couple of weeks ago. Ususally I would be trudging and enduring by then. :cool2:

Dona, hope things calm down for you at school soon. :flower3:

DisneyHokieGal I will be seeing you soon! :cool2: Were you at the WISH meet for the Tink? Sorry if I did and don't remember -- there were so many folks I didn't ever put together everyone's names and user names.

Hope you have a great day, too, Jude! :flower3:

Just keep swimming everyone! :fish:

Congrats on the race! What did you think of the race? That Three Caballeros ride is so fun!

Jill

The race was awesome! I would definitely do another one again. The track was really cool, and the volunteers were great too. There were a lot of people dressed up like bellhops, but two guys were dressed up as hotel guests- they had bought the ToT towel wraps you get in the gift shop, with the keychains strapped to the towel and wearing shower caps!! It was so darn funny!!!!

QOTD Tuesday, October 9

Good night all! I'll see you in the morning!

Jill

I haven't really hit a "plateau", but I hit times where I fall off the wagon. I would love to be on plan long enough to actually hit a plateau...as crazy as that sounds!

I don't officially do a low carb diet but I eat very few carbs in general. When I do, it's whole grain, high fiber. My diet is 80% veggies and fruits.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter