Biggest Loser alumni holiday chat! (All are welcome!)

Yikes! What a morning! Some of these kids make me...:furious: Noon will not come soon enough today!

Then just as I was packing them up for recess/lunch, the office told me I had to cover a 2nd grade class and put off my lunch until 1:10 pm.... which would be fine, but I was really hungry. So after the kids headed out I grabbed my snack and ate it on my way to the office to find out WHICH 2nd grade class... at which point they told me that it was a mistake and I could have my lunch at 11:20, as previously scheduled.... but by then I had already eaten my snack...:confused: What a pain! Now I have snack cheese in my belly, just in time for LUNCH. Oh well... I'll manage. Not a big deal in the grand scheme of life. Just hate the confusion.

I totally forgot my gym clothes today. DD's HS swim practice in the afternoon on Fridays is a new thing and neither of us were prepared. Her swim bag wasn't packed, no extra snacks planned... and we will be going straight from school. Oh well. I MIGHT have my gym bag in the car... sometimes I leave it there. Otherwise I'll just run an errand or read. It is a fairly short practice (90 minutes) so not a big deal.

Can't wait to watch this week's Survivor tonight! I hate having to wait every week.... I'm always afraid I'm going to see a spoiler somewhere!

Off to warm my lunch (the italian herbed quinoa and beans I made Sunday) and get ready to eat lunch with the 1st graders... should be an adventure!.....P

Pamela I'm not sure if the camera works but all the components are there and the bellows are in on piece (that's rare) so in all reality it could work.

I have about 9-10 cameras from various time eras but I don't know if they work because I can't get film for them anymore.

Breakfast QOTD:
Oatmeal was top on my list. I eat that about every day. Egg burritos were there too and greek yogurt. Basically I'll just copy what Pamela said.

:santa: Hi everyone!

January 1, 2012 -- 214.4
Today -- 196

Total Loss: 18.4 pounds

I'm surprised I'm still under 200 pounds, :lmao:. We just got home from Disney this morning after celebrating my 29th birthday. We spent 5 nights at BLT in a Magic Kingdom view room. I'm up 4 pounds, YIKES!

My goal is to have it off by the end of the year.

Well, our FL house is on the market to be sold. We looked at another house in Haines City, FL (about half an hour from Disney) today. We're keeping our TX house and hoping to have new tenants in it by beginning of the year. Once this house is sold we'll take the money and put it toward the other house.

Its a 4 bed/3 bath/2 car garage/2 story on 1.39 acres of land.

I struggled with the decision of staying here vs going back to TX for almost a month. A fire was lit under my butt last night as we were leaving Epcot. The realtor called to say someone was interested in the house and wanted to come see it this weekend.

If everything goes the way we hope and we get settled I'm going to be applying to Disney, finally. :banana:

Over the course of our 5 day trip I saw MANY new cast members. They weren't hard to spot, they were all in large groups and looked utterly confused :).

I can't wait until the next challenge starts! :cool1:

Pamela I'm not sure if the camera works but all the components are there and the bellows are in on piece (that's rare) so in all reality it could work.

I have about 9-10 cameras from various time eras but I don't know if they work because I can't get film for them anymore.

Breakfast QOTD:
Oatmeal was top on my list. I eat that about every day. Egg burritos were there too and greek yogurt. Basically I'll just copy what Pamela said.

That camera sounds like a neat display piece! Love to see a photo of it! I have my Dad's old Argus camera from the 1950's. It actually still works and I took some photos with it in the 1980's, but the eye piece is clouded up pretty bad. But it still takes quality photos. And it takes traditional 35mm film, so I could still use it if I wanted to. I even still have the flashbulb attachment and a few bulbs.

:santa: Hi everyone!

January 1, 2012 -- 214.4
Today -- 196

Total Loss: 18.4 pounds

I'm surprised I'm still under 200 pounds, :lmao:. We just got home from Disney this morning after celebrating my 29th birthday. We spent 5 nights at BLT in a Magic Kingdom view room. I'm up 4 pounds, YIKES!

My goal is to have it off by the end of the year.

Well, our FL house is on the market to be sold. We looked at another house in Haines City, FL (about half an hour from Disney) today. We're keeping our TX house and hoping to have new tenants in it by beginning of the year. Once this house is sold we'll take the money and put it toward the other house.

Its a 4 bed/3 bath/2 car garage/2 story on 1.39 acres of land.

I struggled with the decision of staying here vs going back to TX for almost a month. A fire was lit under my butt last night as we were leaving Epcot. The realtor called to say someone was interested in the house and wanted to come see it this weekend.

If everything goes the way we hope and we get settled I'm going to be applying to Disney, finally. :banana:

Over the course of our 5 day trip I saw MANY new cast members. They weren't hard to spot, they were all in large groups and looked utterly confused :).

I can't wait until the next challenge starts! :cool1:

Wow! Another big decision for you! Best of luck with whatever life brings this winter/spring. And great job staying under 200!!

Morning friends! Woke to a bit of snow this morning. DD is heading off to meet some folks for breakfast... I hope the snow doesn't stop her. ANd we are out of here about 11:30 to head to toward the seacoast for today's meet. Why does it always seem to snow when we head to this meet? :rolleyes:

Ate a bit over my points last night while I was enjoying some homemade pizza, but it was worth it... and I managed to stop myself after the pizza. Sometimes once I know I've gone over my points I keep going! It is that "might as well wreck it good" type of attitude. But I KNEW that didn't need to be the case! I only went over by a FEW points (which I actually had coming to me) and there was NO REASON to end the day stuffing my face with cookie dough (yup, still have some in the fridge) or chips. I made myself a cup of my hot drink (1 point) and headed to bed! I'm very proud of myself. I feel like I am finally breaking my last/worst eating habit (late evening, tired, hungry, over points, throw-in-the-towel type of eating).

I need to pack up lunches and snacks for DD and I for today. We will have lunch in the car on our way, snack while we are there, and dinner when we get home... which reminds me to need to throw something in the crockpot!

DD is up and moving and I need to go keep her moving in the right direction if this day is going to stay on track! TTYL..........................P

We've missed you, too! :love: Nice to see you! :flower3:
Thanks Lisa! It's good to be back, though I thought I'd be back more often than weekends, but not so this week. I'm so happy to be able to quote and I've missed those smilies!!:cool1::thumbsup2:beach: Always liked the beach one, but never had much use for it. lol
I've missed you too! Good for you for getting back on track before the holiday season. You will feel so much better by NYE with a maintaining holiday season behind you.

Hope the rest of your household is happy and healthy. I look forward to chatting with you this holiday season.
!
thanks Pamela. You're a great thread host. You're workign a lot this week. Sorry if I missed it, but what job are you taking? It will be nice for you to have somethign regular, rather than getting a call in the am like this week. We are good. Michael's bday is tuesday, he'll be 11, so this is his "birthday weekend". And it's been 1 year today since we got poko!! Time just flies!! Good to be back here, but I realize since my hours have changed I don't have any am computer time, but it's hard to get on in the evenings, so I think I'll be a weekend wisher this time.

I'm here!!!
I need to get my butt back in gear so bad. Pretty much gained the 12 I lost since the beginning of the year.

So, what do we have planned for now through the end of the year? Anyone going away? We are having a Staycation! My goal is to paint the kitchen.
Hi Buffy!! Happy belated birthday, and you said we're getting old, zip those lips lady. We are soooo not old. Says the girl who just went to her 30 year high school reunion. :crazy2:

Running through and waving :wave2: and leaving you with this thought from my friends at sparkpeople.com

68034_10152265817200478_425590114_n.jpg
love this!!
Hi Pamela! :wave2:

It is so nice to see all the familiar faces chatting! I've been recovering from a hamstring injury (still am, truth be told), and I ate like I was still training when I wasn't :scared:

Anyway, ready to get focused because I'm running my 10th half marathon at WDW marathon weekend in January! I sure would like to do it a few lbs lighter ::yes::

Maria :upsidedow
Awesome this is your 10th half in disney!!! How very exciting!!

Thanks!!
I really whooped it up this year!!! We went all out and........wait for it.......... stacked firewood! LOL I got 2 cords of wood for my birthday. Yeehaw!!
you wild woman you!! :rotfl2:

This so puts all our troubles into perspective.

Hello to everyone I've missed! Happy December!!!!:yay: I'm happy to have lost the thanksgiving weight this week, and plan to keep on keeping on!!

We are off to Gillette stadium in Foxboro to see my nephew's football team in the high school superbowl. Should be fun. We're going to head down early and get some lunch and hope to go to the hall of fame they have there.

Have a great weekend!!

Ate a bit over my points last night while I was enjoying some homemade pizza, but it was worth it... and I managed to stop myself after the pizza. Sometimes once I know I've gone over my points I keep going! It is that "might as well wreck it good" type of attitude. But I KNEW that didn't need to be the case! I only went over by a FEW points (which I actually had coming to me) and there was NO REASON to end the day stuffing my face with cookie dough (yup, still have some in the fridge) or chips. I made myself a cup of my hot drink (1 point) and headed to bed! I'm very proud of myself. I feel like I am finally breaking my last/worst eating habit (late evening, tired, hungry, over points, throw-in-the-towel type of eating).

That's great!! :thumbsup2

I have a similar problem - I sometimes end up eating a lunch with far too many calories. And in the past that then lead to me thinking that this is a lost day, I could never make it up and then just eat an unhealthy dinner on top or I was desperately trying to make up for the bad lunch by eating extremely little which then again resulted in me being very hungry late at night and then I cannot stop myself from searching more and more food. So, now I decided that even if lunch was bad, I will just try to eat a normal healthy low calorie dinner - maybe saving a little bit here and there - but not deny myself a meal.

Thanks Lisa! It's good to be back, though I thought I'd be back more often than weekends, but not so this week. I'm so happy to be able to quote and I've missed those smilies!!:cool1::thumbsup2:beach: Always liked the beach one, but never had much use for it. lol
thanks Pamela. You're a great thread host. You're workign a lot this week. Sorry if I missed it, but what job are you taking? It will be nice for you to have somethign regular, rather than getting a call in the am like this week. We are good. Michael's bday is tuesday, he'll be 11, so this is his "birthday weekend". And it's been 1 year today since we got poko!! Time just flies!! Good to be back here, but I realize since my hours have changed I don't have any am computer time, but it's hard to get on in the evenings, so I think I'll be a weekend wisher this time.

Hi Buffy!! Happy belated birthday, and you said we're getting old, zip those lips lady. We are soooo not old. Says the girl who just went to her 30 year high school reunion. :crazy2:

love this!!
Awesome this is your 10th half in disney!!! How very exciting!!

you wild woman you!! :rotfl2:

This so puts all our troubles into perspective.

Hello to everyone I've missed! Happy December!!!!:yay: I'm happy to have lost the thanksgiving weight this week, and plan to keep on keeping on!!

We are off to Gillette stadium in Foxboro to see my nephew's football team in the high school superbowl. Should be fun. We're going to head down early and get some lunch and hope to go to the hall of fame they have there.

Have a great weekend!!

We understand if you are here weekends only! Life is busy!

Woohoo on losing T.giving weight! That is a WONDERFUL way to start the busy holiday season.

Happy Birthday to Michael! And happy Dog-iversary to you all!

Hope you aren't freezing at the football game.

I have a similar problem - I sometimes end up eating a lunch with far too many calories. And in the past that then lead to me thinking that this is a lost day, I could never make it up and then just eat an unhealthy dinner on top or I was desperately trying to make up for the bad lunch by eating extremely little which then again resulted in me being very hungry late at night and then I cannot stop myself from searching more and more food. So, now I decided that even if lunch was bad, I will just try to eat a normal healthy low calorie dinner - maybe saving a little bit here and there - but not deny myself a meal.

This problem of overeating late in the day(especially on weekends) has really been a thorn in my side, but I feel like I am finally getting a grip on it. I need to tell myself that it is NOT a failure to eat 3 extra points once in a while when I am truly hungry and it is NO REASON to eat with abandon until my head hits the pillow!

So excited to find excellent wifi signal here in this cold gymnasium! Forgot my chairs so we are sitting on blankets...and I just discovered that this meet is starting 45 minutes later than originally planned...so our 7:30 tentative dinner at home may not happen. Oh well.

Really enjoying my Thin Commandments book. Will share some in a bit.......P

So sorry I'm late!! :headache:

I've still been working on typing and posting the TR from the Disney trip. (It will get done eventually!!) Work has doubled for me with the holiday season (thank goodness) so I've been pulling extra shifts whenever I can and with time and a half for volunteering on Christmas, I'm sure I'll be fairly busy until the end for the year. I did end up gaining a little bit over Thanksgiving, although I've managed to stay at my pre-Disney weight which I'm satisfied with.

DM and I decided to go clothes shopping today (Can we all say Goodwill?!) and I found a brand new dress for 4 bucks that fits fantastically and it's not in a Woman's size so I'm thrilled! I also decided to go through my closet and thought I'd try on an old poodle skirt that my mom had made for a 50's party on my first cruise when I was about 10. (I couldn't bring myself to let it go...)

Well... IT FIT!! It's still a little snug around the waist; but it fit!!

tumblr_me9j7hngoL1ql5kle.gif

My local gym also has a little 'special something' going on where if you send in your weigh loss story and it gets picked, you can win a $50 gift card for the gym. So once I can get a pic together to go with my story, I'll be turning that in. Plus, there's a new trainer at the gym that I'd like to get a session with if I win it. I'm sure you can probably guess why... :rolleyes1 But hey, the workout will be a bonus! :goodvibes

Have a good weekend everyone!!

Hello everyone! I hope you all had a fabulous Thanksgiving. Mine was pretty good. I've been so busy trying to finish my online classes (everything is due on the 7th) and with family stuff that I haven't had a chance to post. but I wanted to check in & say hi! I am hoping to finish a bunch of school stuff tonight & tomorrow & send it in. Then I should have more time to chat & prepare for Christmas cookies :)

Thanks Pamela for hosting & I will be much more active here after this week lol.

Jill

Thanks Lisa! It's good to be back, though I thought I'd be back more often than weekends, but not so this week. I'm so happy to be able to quote and I've missed those smilies!!:cool1::thumbsup2:beach: Always liked the beach one, but never had much use for it. lol!

Yes, :beach: is a very good smilie for sure. You need to go on a tropical vacation and then we could use it over and over. ;) It's nice to see you here, my friend. :hug: And, um, how did your sweet little boy get to be turning 11 already?!? :scared1:

That is an excellent strategy! :thumbsup2

This problem of overeating late in the day(especially on weekends) has really been a thorn in my side, but I feel like I am finally getting a grip on it. I need to tell myself that it is NOT a failure to eat 3 extra points once in a while when I am truly hungry and it is NO REASON to eat with abandon until my head hits the pillow!

So excited to find excellent wifi signal here in this cold gymnasium! Forgot my chairs so we are sitting on blankets...and I just discovered that this meet is starting 45 minutes later than originally planned...so our 7:30 tentative dinner at home may not happen. Oh well.

Really enjoying my Thin Commandments book. Will share some in a bit.......P

Sounds cold, Pamela. :cold: The swimmers are probably cold, too. Hope you finally go to eat dinner. :flower3:

My local gym also has a little 'special something' going on where if you send in your weigh loss story and it gets picked, you can win a $50 gift card for the gym. So once I can get a pic together to go with my story, I'll be turning that in. Plus, there's a new trainer at the gym that I'd like to get a session with if I win it. I'm sure you can probably guess why... :rolleyes1 But hey, the workout will be a bonus! :goodvibes

Nice to have you back, Ashley! :flower3: That gym special sounds like a good reward for all the extra work you are doing this month. :santa: It's nice of you to take on extra hours.

Hello everyone! I hope you all had a fabulous Thanksgiving. Mine was pretty good. I've been so busy trying to finish my online classes (everything is due on the 7th) and with family stuff that I haven't had a chance to post. but I wanted to check in & say hi! I am hoping to finish a bunch of school stuff tonight & tomorrow & send it in. Then I should have more time to chat & prepare for Christmas cookies :)

Thanks Pamela for hosting & I will be much more active here after this week lol.

Jill

Good luck getting your online class finished -- it's nice to knock them out for sure. ::yes::

If you are looking for a little circuit workout to do over the holiday here is one called the 12 Moves of Christmas workout from my friends at sparkpeople.com

http://www.sparkpeople.com/assets/diet4/12_moves_of_Christmas690.pdf

That's fantastic!! :cool1:

And good luck with winning those 50$ at your gym! If you write up your story for that, would you mind posting it here too? I would love to read it.

I finally stepped back on the scale for the first time after the end of the last challenge. I did not too well with eating over the last two weeks I thought, but the scale thought otherwise. I lost half a pound since then. Very happy about this as I tried to balance out my not so good choices but just did not get back into the tracking of all my food (which I find is essential for weight loss). So now I have a huge motivation to really get back into tracking, exercising and eating within my calorie range! Hopefully I can make one or two pounds disappear before Christmas!!

Pamela--did I see that you were thinking about doing a half marathon? Too fun! I run without stopping in distances up to about an hour. For longer distances I do run/walk. Sometimes run 2 min walk 1 min. Sometimes run 3 min walk 1 min, etc. I still consider that to be running even with the walk breaks.:goodvibes
Michael's bday is tuesday, he'll be 11, so this is his "birthday weekend". And it's been 1 year today since we got poko!! Time just flies!! Good to be back here, but I realize since my hours have changed I don't have any am computer time, but it's hard to get on in the evenings, so I think I'll be a weekend wisher this time.
Happy birthday to Michael!:goodvibes

Good luck!

Hope you get your school stuff done Jill. :goodvibes

I finally stepped back on the scale for the first time after the end of the last challenge. I did not too well with eating over the last two weeks I thought, but the scale thought otherwise. I lost half a pound since then. Very happy about this as I tried to balance out my not so good choices but just did not get back into the tracking of all my food (which I find is essential for weight loss). So now I have a huge motivation to really get back into tracking, exercising and eating within my calorie range! Hopefully I can make one or two pounds disappear before Christmas!!
Congrats on getting through the last two weeks with a loss. Lots of time until Christmas!

So, yesterday I ran 20 miles. It was a lonnnnnnng 20 miles. By the end I alternated between weeping, yelling at Mike and telling him this was his stupid idea, and contemplating what would happen if I just laid down in the middle of the park. My glutes were hurting so much during the walk breaks that I ran the last 1.2 miles without breaks--very, very slowly. For some reason walking was killing me at the end. But I finished it and I am feeling ok today. Part of the problem--went out too fast at the beginning, and then paid for it at the end. But I would rather re-learn that lesson now than at the marathon in January.

Today I am on a little junk binge--not good--in an attempt to eat back all 2000 calories that I burned off yesterday.:rotfl2: Actually I am not doing that bad, but I do need to reign it in. I am back in the 140s in my maintain range and I would like to keep it like that!

Have a great Sunday.:goodvibes

I finally got a run in! It's only been weeks and weeks. Just 1.5 miles, but it was good. And the dog, who was very, very dopey from his mole removal a couple days ago went with me and seems to be back to normal. We called him a big black Bambi when we got him home from the vet because he just couldn't seem to get his legs to do what he wanted. :rotfl2:

It's been a bit wild around here. Friday I got called in to sub, had 30 minutes after that before I had to pick up DH and head out of town to DS2's first basketball game (they won, and he started--lol). It was in the college town of DS1 so we picked him up and he went. Of course, we had to stay for the varsity game and didn't get home until bedtime. Yesterday DS2 had to be at church at 9 AM because there was some fundraiser work to be done before his special choir rehearsal. Then we had a church group dinner and I felt mildly guilty for just getting the kids a Costco pizza and then leaving them. But our dinner group was fun. Today DS2 is already at church (I will be so glad when he can get his license!) because he performs with the adult group for both services. Then he has to be back at 3:30 for a special humongo big service.

I was glad to get caught up here and be reminded about the start of Advent. I know that and yesterday took down our advent box from the attic, but this morning it slipped my mind. We have a giant white board in our family room and every morning during Advent I write a piece of scripture on it. I have a couple different readings for the season and I just pick out a sentence and write it. I've been doing this for so many years that this year I decided not to use the same old sentences. It may be hard, because I do have my favorites, but I'll try! DS1 is gonna love it when I email him his passage every day. :rotfl:

I've decided to get seriously back on track for December! Haven't weighed in yet (forgot on Friday) but hopefully I will see a difference in my clothes that were beginning to get a little snug again!

I am off to see about updating the December exercise challenge thread. I'm not sure if my goal is too low or too high, because of the whacky holiday schedule. Guess I'll find out!

Have a super week.

Quick hi as we drive back from Massachusetts, family party.
Ate way to many carbs! And mindless eating, that's what I get for having the fruit tray in front of me. Must say I was pleased with the kids, DD was the only one who asked for dessert and she just had one small square of chocolate then went back to the fruit.

I'm still full from lunch and we ate at 2 so I'm probably going to just have a cup of tea and head to bed.

Must must must make a menu this week and stick to it. We've been throwing to many meals together last minute or relying on the Little Caesars $5 pizza deal. Curse you Pizza! Pizza!

Had one sip of soda today, DD's cup was over flowing and it was going to spill. Didn't even realize I did it til it was in my mouth. Spit that out in the trash can! Blech! It was soooo nasty! Part of me feels like I cheated but since I spit it out I'm counting it as still 1 year and 1 month since I had soda.

Yay! Almost home! Will touch base later.

Sent from my iPhone using DISboards

So sorry I'm late!! :headache:

I've still been working on typing and posting the TR from the Disney trip. (It will get done eventually!!) Work has doubled for me with the holiday season (thank goodness) so I've been pulling extra shifts whenever I can and with time and a half for volunteering on Christmas, I'm sure I'll be fairly busy until the end for the year. I did end up gaining a little bit over Thanksgiving, although I've managed to stay at my pre-Disney weight which I'm satisfied with.

I'm sure that the $$ will be welcome from these extra shifts! And great job with the pre-Disney weight!

DM and I decided to go clothes shopping today (Can we all say Goodwill?!) and I found a brand new dress for 4 bucks that fits fantastically and it's not in a Woman's size so I'm thrilled! I also decided to go through my closet and thought I'd try on an old poodle skirt that my mom had made for a 50's party on my first cruise when I was about 10. (I couldn't bring myself to let it go...)

How fun that the skirt fits! I have a poodle skirt from 10th grade (yup, sadly, still have it). Haven't tried it on in years and years... maybe I should! And YES, I can say Goodwill... and Salvation Army and Savers and consignment store and resale store and yard sale!!:thumbsup2

I'll bet the new trainer would be impressed meeting the girl who wins the $50 gift card and would LOVE to meet with you over dinner some night to discuss your winning story!! ;)

Jill

We would love to have you visit with us whenever you have time. But concentrate on that school stuff first! It is so important!

Sounds cold, Pamela. :cold: The swimmers are probably cold, too. Hope you finally go to eat dinner. :flower3:

Found a warmer place near some old radiators to sit for a while. And dinner at home with the family finally happened at 9pm!! DD and I were ready to eat our own arms by then!!:lmao:

If you are looking for a little circuit workout to do over the holiday here is one called the 12 Moves of Christmas workout from my friends at sparkpeople.com

http://www.sparkpeople.com/assets/diet4/12_moves_of_Christmas690.pdf

Thanks for sharing! I have a few circuits that I wrote for myself using a BL book, but I would love a new one!

That's fantastic!! :cool1:

And good luck with winning those 50$ at your gym! If you write up your story for that, would you mind posting it here too? I would love to read it.

Oooohh... me too!

THat is wonderful! You obviously have learned to strike a healthy balance!

Pamela--did I see that you were thinking about doing a half marathon? Too fun! I run without stopping in distances up to about an hour. For longer distances I do run/walk. Sometimes run 2 min walk 1 min. Sometimes run 3 min walk 1 min, etc. I still consider that to be running even with the walk breaks.:goodvibes

Nothing planned yet.... but just more wondering if I COULD do it. It would definite be a walk/run and I haven't tried to do the full distance yet, but I can do a brisk walk at an incline keeping up a steady pace under a 15 minute mile, so I figure I wouldn't be swept unless I had a major issue. Adding in some run segments would make it a slightly faster pace.

So, yesterday I ran 20 miles. It was a lonnnnnnng 20 miles. By the end I alternated between weeping, yelling at Mike and telling him this was his stupid idea, and contemplating what would happen if I just laid down in the middle of the park. My glutes were hurting so much during the walk breaks that I ran the last 1.2 miles without breaks--very, very slowly. For some reason walking was killing me at the end. But I finished it and I am feeling ok today. Part of the problem--went out too fast at the beginning, and then paid for it at the end. But I would rather re-learn that lesson now than at the marathon in January.

Today I am on a little junk binge--not good--in an attempt to eat back all 2000 calories that I burned off yesterday.:rotfl2: Actually I am not doing that bad, but I do need to reign it in. I am back in the 140s in my maintain range and I would like to keep it like that!

Have a great Sunday.:goodvibes

Hey.... you beat me on Sunday! I never even made it on the TM or outside. I spent the day doing the "laundry dash"! :rotfl:

I finally got a run in! It's only been weeks and weeks. Just 1.5 miles, but it was good. And the dog, who was very, very dopey from his mole removal a couple days ago went with me and seems to be back to normal. We called him a big black Bambi when we got him home from the vet because he just couldn't seem to get his legs to do what he wanted. :rotfl2:

It's been a bit wild around here. Friday I got called in to sub, had 30 minutes after that before I had to pick up DH and head out of town to DS2's first basketball game (they won, and he started--lol). It was in the college town of DS1 so we picked him up and he went. Of course, we had to stay for the varsity game and didn't get home until bedtime. Yesterday DS2 had to be at church at 9 AM because there was some fundraiser work to be done before his special choir rehearsal. Then we had a church group dinner and I felt mildly guilty for just getting the kids a Costco pizza and then leaving them. But our dinner group was fun. Today DS2 is already at church (I will be so glad when he can get his license!) because he performs with the adult group for both services. Then he has to be back at 3:30 for a special humongo big service.

I was glad to get caught up here and be reminded about the start of Advent. I know that and yesterday took down our advent box from the attic, but this morning it slipped my mind. We have a giant white board in our family room and every morning during Advent I write a piece of scripture on it. I have a couple different readings for the season and I just pick out a sentence and write it. I've been doing this for so many years that this year I decided not to use the same old sentences. It may be hard, because I do have my favorites, but I'll try! DS1 is gonna love it when I email him his passage every day. :rotfl:

I've decided to get seriously back on track for December! Haven't weighed in yet (forgot on Friday) but hopefully I will see a difference in my clothes that were beginning to get a little snug again!

I am off to see about updating the December exercise challenge thread. I'm not sure if my goal is too low or too high, because of the whacky holiday schedule. Guess I'll find out!

Have a super week.

We never got our Advent celebration started because DD couldn't find her refillable calendar. But we will do something tonight because DS will be SO EXCITED to see his Lego Advent calendar. I think he thinks that I forgot this year.

Quick hi as we drive back from Massachusetts, family party.
Ate way to many carbs! And mindless eating, that's what I get for having the fruit tray in front of me. Must say I was pleased with the kids, DD was the only one who asked for dessert and she just had one small square of chocolate then went back to the fruit.

I'm still full from lunch and we ate at 2 so I'm probably going to just have a cup of tea and head to bed.

Must must must make a menu this week and stick to it. We've been throwing to many meals together last minute or relying on the Little Caesars $5 pizza deal. Curse you Pizza! Pizza!

Had one sip of soda today, DD's cup was over flowing and it was going to spill. Didn't even realize I did it til it was in my mouth. Spit that out in the trash can! Blech! It was soooo nasty! Part of me feels like I cheated but since I spit it out I'm counting it as still 1 year and 1 month since I had soda.

Yay! Almost home! Will touch base later.

Sent from my iPhone using DISboards

It totally doesn't count if you spit it out! And how WONDERFUL that it tasted nasty! I find that to be the case with Diet Coke most of the time now. I have slipped back into some habits of drinking while I'm out occasionally (I had given it up 100% for a few years), but find it tastes like chemicals most of the time, so I don't really miss it.

This month I maybe saying "curse you $2 subs from Subway!" It figures that the ones on sale are the more fattening/less healthy ones! But DS loves the meatball marinara, so I will probably buy him a few this month as a treat.

Morning friends! Sorry I didn't make it on yesterday. I was doing laundry (of course) and helping DD finish up her display board for her Senior Project. She presents today as a kind of "practice" in her AP English class and presents to the board on Wednesday afternoon. I think it came out great! It is clean and neat and easy to read and not over-the-top. She is aiming for "pass with distinction" (of course, my overachiever;) ) and if she doesn't get it I will be shocked.

Working today and heading to Boston tomorrow. My Dad is scheduled for surgery to remove his tumor and I will be there to spend the day with my Mom. Heading out at 5am and not sure when I will be home. DH is away, but will return tomorrow afternoon in time to pick up the kids at school. But I am cancelling DS's eye dr. appointment to keep things simple. And DH will have to take DD to swim in the evening, unless I arrange a carpool today.

After school today it is straight to Nashua for practice and then home, hopefully by 7pm. Nothing planned for dinner, as DH is away. Probably veggie burgers, although I am totally out of rolls and bread. I will see if I have time to hit the market while she swims. I already did my workout at the Y this morning during HS swim practice. :thumbsup2

I need to dash.... I have lunch duty! TTYL............P

Kids are off to special so I have a few minutes. I got a call from the high school nurse while I was at lunch. Apparently DS had a minor anaphylactic incident at lunch. He realized something was wrong and went to the nurse. Thankfully it wasn't significant enough to need his Epi-pen. She gave him a Benadryl and had him stay for a while and the swelling in his lips and tongue went down and he felt well enough to return to class. I just don't understand what caused it. His lunch was virtually the same lunch he has carried every day all year with the exception of a few homemade cookies (that he also ate over the weekend). The ONLY thing I can think of is that perhaps the sandwich holder had maybe previously held a Nutella sandwich for DD and I hadn't washed it well enough. The only other explanation is something else in the cafeteria from someone else's lunch was the problem. But all's well that ends well I suppose.

I might go out and buy another sandwich tupperware tonight and label both the top and bottom just for his sandwiches.

Thankfully the school nurse did NOT read me the riot act about DS carrying his Epi-pen without having the proper paperwork done :rolleyes: (guilty as charged.... terrible mother I am!).

I'm NOT looking forward to my drive into Boston tomorrow morning. My kids are peeved that I won't be here to drive them to school and I told them to find their own ride or take the bus and that did NOT make them happy! Hopefully today they settled a ride situation. I am planning to be on the road by 5:15 tomorrow morning... if I stick around until I can drop them at school (7:15 is the earliest I can drop them), then I will end up in MAJOR traffic. Dad is scheduled for 8:30 and I want to be there before then. It is about a 90 minute drive without traffic.... but there is NEVER no traffic into Boston! :laughing:

Just a thought.... if anyone is looking for a new healthy recipe(s), have you checked out Pinterest? Yes, it can be addicting, but I've found an amazing quantity of wonderful recipes there! I was trying to find one to share here, but the school network blocks most of the content of Pinterest. I'll be happy to be "followed" if anyone wants to see what I've pinned for healthy recipe (just don't look at my "Unhealthy foods" board! :)

Unofficial QOTD: How much holiday shopping have you done? Are you finished? Is is wrapped?

Bonus unofficial QOTD: Do you like wrapping or are you more a "throw-it-in-a-gift-bag and good-enough" person??

TTYL................P

We have done el zippo holiday shopping, unless you count the boxers and socks we got at DLR last month! Although they will be opened Christmas morning, I don't think the boys will be jumping up and down in excitement! I am a throw it in the bag and good enough kind of wrapper. DH's former boss was incredible in her wrapping. You just wanted to keep the gifts on a shelf they were so beautiful.

DS2's birthday is mid month so we just don't think too much about holiday gifts until after that. Although, we've done no shopping for his birthday, either!!

Pamela, glad your son was okay.

I subbed today and will sub tomorrow and hopefully won't get a job for Wednesday! DS2 has an orthodontist appointment after his school so I've gone ahead and blocked myself out for that. Hopefully there won't be any morning only jobs. Where's that fingers crossed smilie?!

Almost didn't walk at 5:30 this morning. I could hear rain and knew wind was forecast. But I got up and am glad I did. There was no wind and just a misty rain off and on. Cross that off my list. If I get motivated I will lift some weights before bed. Not much time so where's that cattle prod?

Have a terrific Tuesday.

We have a few things bought (The ds's and their gf's are all getting banks that I ordered from DW after we got back. Ds1 is Indianna Jones MIckey and ds2 is getting Luke Skywalker Mickey and dh is getting Buzz Lightyear. All the girls are getting the castle with characters since most of us are really not princesses) We got ds's mostly gf cards to movies and restaurants. They are both working and can buy themselves anything they want.

Pam I hope your father's surgery goes well.

Off to stretch my back

Pamela--how very scary about your son. Mostly cause you don't know what caused it. I am glad everything is ok. I hope your drive to Boston is stress free and that your Dad's surgery goes well.:hug: And of course if you wanted to you could complete a half marathon. You are very disciplined and would get your training in and that truly is the key. There are tons of books about completing your first half too.:goodvibes

I am still a little sore from my long run on Saturday, but hoping to get a scheduled run in today without too many problems. Doing good with the eating--except a little too much ice cream last night, but that's ok.:goodvibes

Have a good Tuesday!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter