Biggest ADR Letdown?

Tonys's gets my vote for the worst meal. CM's dinner... had one good and one bad one there... will not go back for dinner. Crystal Palace has redeemed itself with the last trip I took. I did not like the food at BOG dinner... lunch is awesome though.

Pleasant surprises - Akershus breakfast... best breakfast I ever had and San Angels was great. We had an awesome waiter at 50s PT.. I wish I had video taped him interacting with our daughter... she was afraid of him.

Le Cellier by far the most over rated Rest in DW... Way to expensive if your paying cash or on the meal plan totally not worth 2 dining credits... There are so many other better steak houses on the property

Le Cellier by far the most over rated Rest in DW... Way to expensive if your paying cash or on the meal plan totally not worth 2 dining credits... There are so many other better steak houses on the property

Agreed! The only steakhouse worth 2 credits, to me, is California Grill! You get a view AND an amazing meal.

The last time we went (2011) we had deluxe dining. The only meal DH remembers really liking is Le Cellier. I liked it, but don't think it's worth the prices. I have tried everything to talk him out of it & trying something new, but he is stuck on LC. I will miss the cream cheese mashed potatoes they had last time. :( They were my favorite part of the meal.

To keep on topic... another we were disappointed with was Tony's. The first time we ate there it was really good (or we were starving & even a shoe would have tasted good. :P) We've tried it two times since... not good. Service was fine, but the food not so much.

I have to agree with another poster a few pages ago. Yachtsman was disappointing on our Aug 2014 trip. Everything was SO SALTY. I was afraid my kidneys were going shut down. It was our one big fancy dinner and we all left bummed.

'Ohana breakfast. I had heard so many good things about the meal and character interaction it was everything BUT that!

The restraurant was approximately 80* (in June), the sausage was strange, the potatoes were burnt. And the characters were RUSHED! They stuck around for about 10 seconds each. Just enough to get a picture.

I think my husband would die if I ever suggested we try it again.

1900 Park Fare - The stepsisters and Lady Tremaine were great. Cindy and Prince were mediocre. The food was lousy. Never again

The only place I probably won't do again is Akershus. It was fun for my kids and a nice place, but my kids are kind of picky and I didn't find much I enjoyed. Hubby liked it but it's hard to disappoint him at breakfast. For the price it wasn't worth it.

Hollywood and Vine breakfast wasn't much better, but the price made it more bearable. Everything else was a winner for us.

CRT was a big waste for us. The characters were very rushed. It was our DD's birthday, and the waiter sang to her in a very monotone voice. You could tell he did not want to be bothered doing it. We ordered her a glass slipper and he brought it to our table like he was delivering a pizza. Nothing special.

50's PT gets my vote for the biggest letdown. We waited 45 minutes after our reservation to sit down, which I wouldn't have minded if the food was a knock out! The atmosphere is fun but the food left something to be desired.

Narcossees. It was horrible, service none existent, food arrived cold. It was free ddp meal and I felt even the 90 usd tip starter and drink bill was too much for what we got. We had better steak at BOG

big let down

For our last trip this past Sept, the biggest let down was 1900 Park Fare. We've done this dinner several times, but the menu has changed - and not for the better for our taste. I actually would look forward to the chicken marsala but it was gone :(. Even though I was not a fan of the food, we still love the characters and will continue to go back for that reason. Being from Louisiana, it's hard to impress us with food!

Really surprised at all the negative reviews for Ohana. We love it, and is a must do every trip. That said, there have definitely been times that were better than others - just like any restaurant.

Is there anywhere else in the parks to get a really good steak? I'd love to eat a nice steak dinner while I am at WDW, but not use 2 credits.

I am so glad that it's not only me and my wife that won't ever go back to Ohana, for the price I would hope we wouldn't have to hunt down our server to bring over done shoe leather they called steak.

One good point, we discovered you can get the best part of the meal, the bread pudding, at the Tambu Lounge right next to Ohana.

BOG breakfast. After all of the rich food we had been eating all week (ate most of our meals off-site) I was glad to see oatmeal on the menu. As hard as it is to imagine, they messed up oatmeal. I was looking forward to these wonderful pastries, but they seemed like store bought. I might have enjoyed the experience if it hadn't been for the crying babies and the baby who was crawling on top of the table next to us.

I kept thinking I stalked the dinning site for months and finally found an ADR at 2am a few days before out trip, and I ended up a disappointing meal.

I would say Sci Fi and Akerhaus. I think the vibe is great but food is terrible. Also, long waits despite reservations

The first and only time I ate at Le Cellier, I had a PS (as they were called at the time) for 2. We were seated 2 and a half hours after our reservation time. The Cast Member manning the podium told me that was common. The food was actually good, but never again.

Not sure if this counts since we never got in the door... T-Rex. Had 4:30 ADR ahead of La Nouba. Maybe not optimal, but we hoped that 1:15 was enough time to eat. This was a Saturday afternoon.

Scoping it out an hour ahead, there was a long line to check in with the host at the podium outside just to get a printed ticket to stand in an even longer insane outdoor line to get in the building. This guy was a royal piece of work. Undoubtedly exhausted with his exasperated "next person!" calls as folks shuffled up sheepishly, Soup-Nazi style. At 3:30 I asked this host what could I do to increase my chance of being taken in at my ADR time of 4:30. I was willing to do whatever was needed, stand in line for an hour if need be. I wasn't trying to move up the reservation, just to plan ahead of the delay in seating.

This was a no-go. He couldn't care less. The best he was willing to offer was a 4:15 check-in. They were undoubtedly overbooked. I checked in at 4:15 as he offered, and still being in the outdoor line at 4:45, 30 minutes after checking in, and 15 minutes after the reservation, we had to find another option. Hightailed it to Earl of Sandwich, which was great, and made the show easily.

Had to call MS to avoid a cancellation charge. This worked out.
----
I guess my advice is that being a non-Disney property, it seemed they could care less about ADRs and customer satisfaction. I'm sure the food would have been great.

Belle is nowhere to be found. The Beast is there at dinner only, but he does not walk around the rooms. He is in a special area that you can go up and meet him after you're done with your meal. Photographs only...he doesn't do autographs.

We were there March 2015 for dinner and Beast did do a limited walk around table to table before he went to the fixed photo area.

BOG both lunch and dinner and Minnie's Holiday Dine at Hollywood and Vine, I wasn't expecting much out of the meal and it was even worse than my lowest expectations. Yuck! I cancelled my reservation for Hollywood and Vine in Jan. because the Christmas meal was so gross!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts