bigger rooms at all star music

Discussion in 'disABILITIES!' started by SUZIEMOUSE, Jan 19, 2001.

1. SUZIEMOUSE

SUZIEMOUSE Earning My Ears

can anyone tell me if the rooms for handicaps bigger than the average room. i am worried the rooms are going to be too small for myself and mother (in wheelchair) and my two kids 5 and 7. can anyone ease my mind. travel agent said handicap rooms are larger but i havent heard anyone metion this.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Michigan

Michigan Mom of the Rolling Crew

No the rooms are no bigger and the rooms with a wheelchair accessible bathroom have one king size bed only. Disney isn't the only place that must think if you are in a wheelchair you don't have a family that travels with you because most hotels either have one double bed or one king bed.

4. pugdog

pugdog DIS Veteran

You can get the handicapped room with either a king or 2 double beds just ask.

5. FergieTCat

FergieTCat <font color=green>No, I'm serious. And don't call

I stayed in a Handicapped Room at the ASMu, with one king-sized bed, and I thought it was small. Unless the rooms with the 2 double beds are bigger, I thought that sharing it with more than one other person would have been way too crowded.

<font size=4 color=blue font face="Comic Sans MS">

Donna

6. Wheelsie

Wheelsie DIS Veteran

I will agree they ARE small...but having been in 4 different resorts while on proprty this past Dec...they are the MOST accessible.....esp in the bathroom..... IMHO

Wheelsie Co-Moderator of disABILITIES
    and
    DisneyTips
    wheelsie@mail.wdwinfo.com

[​IMG]

7. Michigan

Michigan Mom of the Rolling Crew

Pugdog I was told if you needed to roll into the bathroom you have no choice but a king size bed. I personally think they should have to give you the connecting room at no charge if you need more then 1 bed.