Big Southwest Sale

Debbru

DIS Veteran
Just wanted to let everyone know of the Southwest sale. We've been waiting to book our flights from Albany NY for our November trip. So far the best we've found on Southwest was $109 each way (and I was getting nervous with all the talk of plane fares going up!)

This morning Southwest posted a fare sale - I was able to get our dates (November 5th - November 17th) for $49. each way --- total with taxes for both of us is $230. Yippee - WDW here we come.

Not all flights on all days have availability. Good luck!

Debbie

Boy Thanks a million. I just rebooked for $49. for Oct trip. I had gotten tired of looking and just yesterday got a Ding for MHT for $67 but it turned out to be more than the $69 fare I booked in June(272 vs 300) go figure. Have $42 dollars in ticketless travel fund for out trip in March06. Thanks again. Oh just finally got an email from them with the fare deal. Carol :earsgirl: :banana:

Debbru said:
Just wanted to let everyone know of the Southwest sale. We've been waiting to book our flights from Albany NY for our November trip. So far the best we've found on Southwest was $109 each way (and I was getting nervous with all the talk of plane fares going up!)

This morning Southwest posted a fare sale - I was able to get our dates (November 5th - November 17th) for $49. each way --- total with taxes for both of us is $230. Yippee - WDW here we come.

Not all flights on all days have availability. Good luck!

Debbie

Me too Debbie - I got the Ding! fare yesterday for $94 each way but that still seemed too expensive to me for what I was used to paying - so today I rebooked and I'm getting a $176 refund! Yeah! When are you going? I'm going 10/14-10/22 - wouldnt it be a small world if we were on the same plane?

It does bother me though that one day they have a ding rate which they claim will be the lowest amount and then the next day on the normal email rate cut the ding rate in half - seems a little fishy to me.

I'm going Oct 5-20 from MHT. I was originally thrilled with the 69 Ding fare since it was staying put at 79 on the regular site since the dates for Oct were released and everything else before that has been down to 49. But it was so strange that yesterdays DING fare for 67 was more expensive total than the 69 fare I booked with DING in June, couldn't figure that out but thrilled today. What a difference a day can make. Yippy!!!!!!! Carol :earsgirl:

Thank you Debbru! I am signed up for Southwest e-mail specials but half the time I never get the e-mails. I was looking for a one-way fair from MHT to MCO for my mom and I got a Ding yesterday for $67 but only travel through 10/31 and it was mostly sold out. The regular price is $87 and I got it today for $57 so you just saved me $30!! Thanks again!

THANK-YOU so much for posting this. My father has been nagging me to buy our tickets so he could buy theirs and we'd all end up on the same flights. I was holding out b/c I was hoping the price would drop at some point.
All he's been saying is, "The prices are rising...they're not going to fall. We need to buy our tickets now." I can't wait to show him that once again, I was right!!!

Now I wish I had held out longer!! I just booked Song a few weeks ago for our Oct trip because they were having a great sale ($59) and I was getting nervous because I wasn't seeing the SW fares going down (I thought they would lower their fares when JetBlue and Song did). If I had held out I could have saved another $20/ticket plus with SW we could get back on Sunday night rather than having to stay an extra night after our cruise. I'm almost tempted to cancel my flights with Song and take the credit so we can get back on Sunday with SW but I should probably just stay put.

Thank You!!! I have been trying to keep an eye on it but totally missed it. I saved $330!!!!!!!! Holy cow that is another trip seeing that my total today was only $346.

Tricia

It's $49 each way fr my dates but after taxes it was more expensive than what I paid for delta by like $10. I was surprised.

Debbru-we also got $49 each way this a.m. from ALB to MCO for 10/1-10/11. With the savings, I was able to save a rewards ticket, get roundtrip flights for DH and me from Vegas to LAX (DL trip) and STILL have a credit due from SW. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE SW!!!

10/1-10/11 Pop Century
10/21-10/23 Anniversary trip to DL
1/6-1/9/06 WDW Marathon Weekend Swan & BWV
4/14-4/23/06 Spring break & Easter at WDW
11/23-12/3/06 Our first Thanksgiving at WDW

I rebooked our flight too, and saved our rewards for a different tirp. $230 for two with all taxes. Unbelieveable. Thanks for posting it..I haven't been paying attention lately.

Thanks so much for the heads-up! I haven't received my sale email yet and several of the flights on my days are filling up, so I might have missed it! Just rebooked and saved $160. Now what to do with the $360 credit we've got, because the prices have gone down twice since we booked.... Vegas? A pre-cruise flight? Isn't it interesting that, because I basically overpaid for my flights to Disney, I'm now thinking about taking a cruise.... I'm awful.

Thanks again.

I wanted to visit my sister in NC just after our vacation in October. We live in Canada, so usually I look for a cheap ticket from Orlando to Raleigh, well here you go..thanks so much for the heads up. I got the 36.28$ special that they were offering.

Now here is where it gets funny, I have always wanted to travel by the train, well when I looked it up for a special from either Orlando or Kissimmee which is closer to WDW, they are running a 27.30$ special for one way!

So I am taking the train (sleeping all night) for 27.30 and returning on Southwest for 36.28 which equals out to 49.20 with taxes added. So for under 100$ I have my round trip transportation taken care of. :banana:

What a great trip. I would have liked to take the train both ways, but coming back its risky because the trains are known to run late at times.

Thanks so much:
Carol

Sure wish Southwest would go to Kalamazoo, anyone know of any good flight deals from there to Orlando?

Right now they're traveling Amtrak, think it was nearly $200 per person but they have a 20% off coupon.

This is an awesome deal and I thought it would be enough to convince my DH that we should fly instead of drive (from Ontario, Canada) but No. We will still be embarking on that 24 hour journey in our van with DD6 and DS5. :rolleyes1

Wish me luck!

Kelly

Thank you so much for the heads up!!!! Got 2 " tickets" non-stop flight *round trip* from Buffalo to Orlando - for $230 total - the fares had been stopping my much desired trip - but no longer - removed the last objection DH had - HA!!!

::MickeyMo Just bought our return flights from Orlando to Albany on October 1 today. We bought our flights down in July but had been waiting for another $49 sale. Woo Hoo!! LOL :cool1: We are just about set now and about 36 days to go! :banana: Rebecca

I just want to say thank you thank you thank you for starting this thread. My DH and DD1 and myself planned on driving to fort lauderdale and then to disney. After reading this post we booked our tickets for albany to fort lauderdale then flying home from MCO. We are spending less for our flights then we were for gas! and it saves us from 48 hours of driving and hotel costs. So thank you so much for posting! :cheer2:

Thanks! I had purchased tickets in early July for our October trip, so I just went and made a change, and now have $120.00 credit for future use!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter