Big River or ESPN?

twinklestar22

Earning My Ears
We will be staying at BWV for 5 nights in Feb. Our last day is a Sunday and our flight is at 9:20 pm. Since we have to catch the ME at 6 ish, we want to make sure we eat some dinner before we leave. I figured we'd go to a park early and be back at BW by 4 then eat at either Big River or ESPN. Which do you suggest and would they both be open at 4PM? It's just my husband, myself and our 8 yo daughter. Thanks.

Presuming this is not Super Bowl Sunday, I would choose ESPN - I just like their food a little better. They will definitely by open.

We ate at Big River on our last trip and we thought it was really good. It was DH, myself, and our 3 year old (at the time) daughter.

We gave up on BRG after several tries. The service and food was erratic, usually poor. Why bother when there are so many other choices near by?

I ate at both on my last trip in Sept/October and liked Big River better. While the atmosphere was nicer at ESPN (big open room at ESPN vs tables on top of each other at Big River), I thought Big River had the better food and the boys (adults....) loved the the beer sampler.

ESPN

Hands down and i am DIS DAD and that place is one reason i love the BW

I like ESPN & Big River, we have ate at ESPN at least 4 different times and Big River one time. I think either is fine. I do agree that ESPN has a bit of an edge over Big River.

We plan to eat at one of them on Father's Day 2013 :thumbsup2

:goodvibes

Both will be open, they open at 11am, normally.

No, it's actually the Sunday after the superbowl. Is that the day of the Pro-bowl? I hope ESPN won't be crazy-crowded. BTW, my H is not a huge sports fan so he could care less.

No, it's actually the Sunday after the superbowl. Is that the day of the Pro-bowl? I hope ESPN won't be crazy-crowded. BTW, my H is not a huge sports fan so he could care less.

Another vote for ESPN here. The Pro-Bowl is the Sunday before the Superbowl this season, 1/27/13 so you should have no problems getting in on the 10th.

If the weather is beautiful, I would ask to be seated outside of BRG to enjoy the food and the Boardwalk through to the last minute!

ESPN is just another sports bar, loud, they have good chicken wings, lousy salads, .....

Big River. I go there at least once every trip for lunch and always have good experiences. As for ESPN, I gave up on it several years ago. I tried it several times, and each meal was worse than the one before. I just stay away now.

We will be staying at BWV for 5 nights in Feb. Our last day is a Sunday and our flight is at 9:20 pm. Since we have to catch the ME at 6 ish, we want to make sure we eat some dinner before we leave. I figured we'd go to a park early and be back at BW by 4 then eat at either Big River or ESPN. Which do you suggest and would they both be open at 4PM? It's just my husband, myself and our 8 yo daughter. Thanks.

You will have plenty of time to decide since this would be your last night. I would observe the atmosphere at each place when you are out, look at the menus, and then decide.

Both will be open for lunch and then continue into dinner so no problems there. I've eaten at both and you won't go wrong either way. Just depends on what kind of place you want.

I would look at that "Sunday night in February" thing because if it's February 3rd, I'd run and hide because that is the Super Bowl and both places could be crazy crowded.

Never done BRG but ESPN was great. Open, seat yourself seating in the bar area with kids welcome. Good food, quick service, fairly reasonable prices. Do you need an ADR at BRG? Might be something to keep in mind. You do not at ESPN.

We own DVC at BWV and have been to both numerous times. In our opinion it's not even close...ESPN wins hands down!:thumbsup2

Never done BRG but ESPN was great. Open, seat yourself seating in the bar area with kids welcome. Good food, quick service, fairly reasonable prices. Do you need an ADR at BRG? Might be something to keep in mind. You do not at ESPN.

No, reservations not available for Big River Grille through Disney, only if you call the restaurant directly.

Also something to think about - I know it's February and it will be dinner but you can eat outside at Big River Grille if that's something you might want to experience.

It's been awhile since we last ate at ESPN but we really liked it. Ate at Big River Grill for the first time a few weeks ago and weren't impressed.

I would say it depends on what you order...for a burger go with BRG, for wings ESPN (my wife also liked the philly cheese there). For tap beer no contest, BRG by a mile. ESPN is a beer wasteland except for the bottle list.

Have eaten at both...BRG for a 1st time this past Aug. We enjoyed it very much.

ESPN never disappoints...Eaten there 3 times...Always a great meal...Both would be good choices...Sorry if this confused you more...LoL..

This past August we did both. While the burger was decent at BRG, we wouldn't go back -the service was below average, their "special" chips were out of a bag, and it just wasn't worth the money(of course, what is at Disney). ESPN shocked my wife, she thought she would hate it and ended up loving it. Everything we had(we ended up there twice) was fresh, hot, and served on time.

For my family it's ESPN, hands down or up for high 5's. We like sports so if there is a game on we want to watch we head over there. Typical pub grub, we normally get a few appetizers and a couple beers, but we have had burgers as well. .. BRG does have a good beer sampler, but the food not so much.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!