Big Rigs

You're going to see a mix of all types of RV's in all types of sites at FW (there really is no "pecking" order), I think you can expect most larger RV's (40ft+) to stay mostly in the premium sites though as there is more room to maneuver. If it's insight and learning that you're after I think you will gain the same amount regardless of the type of RV.

The term big rigs is sort of relative, to me you're referring to the 45+ foot RV with 25+ foot trailers that have little room to negotiate around tight spots - in this case I would recommend the premium sites only as there is more room to maneuver into and out of a site.

I honestly had no intention of implying that there is/was a "pecking order". We simply assumed that if this was the recommendation of Disney where they felt we should be, we would have seen other large MH. Our "Big Rig" is 37ft with a 30Ft matching Trailer. We had lot of questions that had to do with "what could we operate and run as we drove down the road
what should we avoid doing as we travel. To tow a vehicle or not, and if not, what do you do for outings." Those kind of things my mom (who owns a 5wh) didn't have answers for. If I had my way we would have been in a TT due to the layouts had options that work better for young families. However because of the number of miles we put on the road each month and the ages of our kiddos it was more "humane" to not keep them strapped into a car-seat for 8-12 hour days.

When we saw there were no other MH near us, we began to wonder if we overpaid just for the location and could have went for a further away spot and still have room to fit. I'm a discount, budget disney fan. If I can save money somewhere I will. We still have a lot to learn about the fort and since we got our MH at the end of the season last year we still have a lot to learn and believe others are a valuable tool to do so :thumbsup2

We also heard there were some sites that were pull through but those were all taken. Thankfully my DH can back up anything and park like a pro so this was less of a concern but some of the roads at the fort were very tight and had us a little nervous on the turns. I guess we are just going to have to visit more often to get use to it ;)

My wife likes the 1400 loop because its close to the pool, tennis courts, etc..
Any premium loop works for me because of the larger cement pad
We have a Monaco Windsor 40' and sometimes it can be a little tight maneuvering
the motorhome in and out of the loops when we check in & check out

I agree the location was fantastic for getting the little ones to and from the activities. We didn't have a golf cart so we felt so far from everything else. I am embarrassed to say, I found the bus stops far more confusing then the hotel resorts so we mostly walked to the boat dock (our kids LOVED riding the boats) so we may have to invest in the golf cart. With 6 of us though it would have to be a decent size golf cart and that means no room for our truck. I hate the idea of renting a cart though each year :confused3. A few more trips and I hope we will have our routine figured out:goodvibes

We've been to the Fort annually since 2002 and have been in a variety of sites in different loops. Since 2007 we've been going in our 40' Winnebago Journey (ok, it's 39ft, 11 inches long) and have fit in every site we've been given. :thumbsup2

Sometimes it takes a little jockeying to get in but we always fit. Have been in the standard, preferred and premium sites and we're happy to get to the Fort regardless. It's our favortie campground, bar none. :cheer2:

Best Regards!

We've been to the Fort annually since 2002 and have been in a variety of sites in different loops. Since 2007 we've been going in our 40' Winnebago Journey (ok, it's 39ft, 11 inches long) and have fit in every site we've been given. :thumbsup2

Sometimes it takes a little jockeying to get in but we always fit. Have been in the standard, preferred and premium sites and we're happy to get to the Fort regardless. It's our favortie campground, bar none. :cheer2:

Best Regards!

LOL I think you def. qualify as 40ft:rotfl2: That's great to know! Thanks! Hope to see you there sometime:thumbsup2

I just wanted to Thank everyone for your words of wisdom and taking the time to post. I am going through the app to see all the different loops you have all suggested and even from remembering back to our first visit to the Fort, I honestly just can't imagine there being a bad spot,lol. My kiddos are getting so excited and we even asked if they could stay at any of the resorts this summer, where would they want that to be? It was a unanimous vote (which never happens between the 4 of them) they all said the Fort! Excited to be back in the MH this summer and even more excited to be back at the Fort!
Thanks again for the advice and feel free to keep it coming :D

38' Monaco knight and I have stayed most recently in the 300 loop, but also the 500 and the 1800. I think the 1800 was the tightest I had to pull into due to the postion of the trees and the two cars hugging the loop road in the campsite opposite of me. But with some patience I had no issue. 300 and 500 loops where easy and I liked the 500 loops wider site. But the 300 is just as good since its close to the dog park for me.

38' Monaco knight and I have stayed most recently in the 300 loop, but also the 500 and the 1800. I think the 1800 was the tightest I had to pull into due to the postion of the trees and the two cars hugging the loop road in the campsite opposite of me. But with some patience I had no issue. 300 and 500 loops where easy and I liked the 500 loops wider site. But the 300 is just as good since its close to the dog park for me.

WOW! Great info! Thanks for filling us in on three more loops. Soon we should have them all covered :thumbsup2

It really depends on your sites entrance and the curve of the loop, but as long your spotter is in tune with you, then pulling in is no problem. As for your trailer, I am sure you know you can leave that down in overflow parking. And with a family of 6, I could see wanting the car for some off Disney even for a meal out as you probably can save a little that way. I go down with a group, so we have at least 1 vehicle to use (one of the group pulls a 5th wheel.) And only this past year did I leave disney, but that was for a food run since our last trip was 2 weeks at the fort and you can only carry so much food.

This is great info. We are heading down at Christmas in our 45' Tiffin Zephyr. At that size are there any loops we should avoid at all costs.

We're are going to Disney twice before then so maybe we'll take a drive around and scope out the loops.

This is great info. We are heading down at Christmas in our 45' Tiffin Zephyr. At that size are there any loops we should avoid at all costs.

We're are going to Disney twice before then so maybe we'll take a drive around and scope out the loops.

I would avoid 100-300 for sure, although there are a very few site exceptions. We even have occasional problems with our 32 ft MH if someone happens to be hogging a site where their vehicle protrudes into the street somewhat at critical places.

The premium loops would probably be preferable to you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter