Big Hero Six

Big Hero 6 is over $600 million and climbing thanks to China and Japan. In China it opened higher than any other Disney Animation,including Frozen! In it's second week it continues strongly and is already the 2nd biggest Disney or Pixar release ever in China! It has also made $75.1 million in Japan and continues to have legs 10 weeks after it's debut there. I am not sure where it will end; maybe $650 million!?

‘Big Hero 6′ Hugs $605M Global Box Office, Now Disney’s 3rd-Biggest Animated Title
http://deadline.com/2015/03/big-her...ilm-ever-international-box-office-1201388358/

So happy for Big Hero 6! It truly is a great film, so I'm really glad to see that it's succeeding so much. I'm particularly happy because after Frozen I was scared of them following the princess/musical formula that felt a little overdone towards the end of the Disney Renaissance in the 90's. With Wreck-it-Ralph and Big Hero 6 they've seen that they can make great and successful films that are not based on fairytales.

You are so right. Wreck it Ralph and Big Hero 6 are both so unique. It is great to see so much innovation in storytelling. Tangled was actually very different even though it was a princess movie. AND, Disney is doing the same innovation with live action. Alice In Wonderland - a reimagining, Oz - a prequel to another property not Disney, Maleficent - twists the story all around, and then Cinderella - sticks to but enhances the story. Disney isn't sticking to one formula anymore, but is doing many different things. Almost all of them successful, except for Lone Ranger and John Carter. But those are tiny bumps in the road now with all the successes. And if they can keep doing successful movies (Four 2014 Disney movies exceeded $600 Million worldwide) a few bombs, even big ones, won't hurt. Keep it up Disney!

Big Hero 6 Now 2014's Highest-Grossing Animated Movie
http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/03/15/big-hero-6-now-2014s-highest-grossing-animated-movie
Walt Disney Animation Studios' third biggest domestic release of all time. Jordan Sirani

Disney's Big Hero 6 has earned over $620 million globally, becoming the highest-grossing animated movie of 2014.

With $221 million of its total coming from the domestic box office, Big Hero 6 is Walt Disney Animation Studios' third biggest domestic release of all time. Additionally, its worldwide total has now surpassed Tangled, making it the studio's third biggest global release behind Frozen and The Lion King.

Inspired by the Marvel comics of the same name, Big Hero 6 is now the biggest animated release from Disney or Pixar in China, bringing in over $51 million since its release two weeks ago, and the second biggest in Japan with over $75 million. It's also the second biggest Disney or PIxar animated release in Korea and Russia, and the biggest animated release of all time in Malaysia, Vietnam, Thailand, and Indonesia.

Big Hero 6 hit theaters stateside on November 7, 2014, and went on to win the Academy Award for Best Animated Feature Film.

I remember I rented Big Hero 6 from the library months ago, and my mom and I laughed at the part where Hiro kept falling and Baymax kept starting over his "scale of 1-to-10" question because of it. It was hilarious!:happytv::rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter