• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Big crowds on Space Mountain re-open day?

Deb0323

Earning My Ears
Do you think the crowds at MK will be above and beyond for SM's scheduled re-open on 11/22? Being a Sunday, I'm thinking that a lot of the locals might want to swing by and check it out.

I'm getting conflicting information on UG and TGM, and neither seem to mention whether the re-openining was taken into consideration for their plans, so I don't know whether to give it a go, or try to wait until Monday.

Going on Sunday works best personally for me, though, schedule wise - ugh, I'm so conflicted!

IMO I doubt that Space Mountain's crowds will be much bigger than usual. If Sunday works better for you, then go for it. You could also plan on getting FPs instead of waiting in line if you're worried about it.

I have been wondering the same thing as this will be our first day in the parks and we were going to MK. Its possible it will draw a few more people but I don't think too many will come just for one ride. Afterall, right now it is only scheduled to open on this day. It may open earlier or it may be later. Who knows if they are on schedule or not.

Maybe, maybe not! If you're worried about it just get there early and/or get a fp for it.

The only way you'll be able to ride Space Mountain that day is to lineup for rope drop and get a fastpass. Guaranteed they'll be gone by noon, more likely 11AM. It will mean somewhat bigger crowds overall at MK, but they will ALL be in line at Space Mountain, so the rest of the park should be okay.

That's what I'm worried about, the rest of the park becoming a beating as the day goes by. I think we'll give it a shot, and we'll definitely be there at RD for the Fast Passes!

The scheduled re-open day is our drive home day....I plan to be there at RD and ride it and maybe another ride or 2 and be out by noon for our 7 hour ride home...I think the diehard locals will there and I if the word is out others will be there too...I am not sure if the park as a whole will be too crowded but the area and race to Space Mountain will be....JMHO

I know with new rides they open a few days or weeks early to test...do they do this with re-habs too? Just a thought that locals might know that a soft opening is going on and get in during that time.

They do usually open rides early for "soft openings" in advance of the official re-opening. We experienced this a few times over the years. I would say to go ahead with any park plans as scheduled regardless of Space Mountain re-opening.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter