• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Big Changes with Dining Plan

From what the CM said they wont have the machine that they use to deduct the credits if they decide to not participate in the plan then they will do away with the system and machine starting jan 1 07, so they wouldnt be able to honor your ressies as a ddp ressie even though you had the ressie before all this mess. :confused3 :bride:

The CM must have been confused, for the reason MinnieGirl mentioned.

This may very well be negotiations at work revolving around how much each place will get paid by Disney for accepting the dining plan.

Wait and see how it ends up.

Does anyone know if all downtown disny locations including TS, CS and snacks are not going to be accepted or just TS?

JimMIA said:
Or...the CM had no idea what they meant to say... :rolleyes:

Shocked! Shocked I am that you would say such a thing. Just the other day a CM told me the dinning car on the monorail took the dinning plan. They had a wireless card machine! :lmao:

Slightly OT but when we had dinner at Raglan Road, the restaurant took the DDP, but when we went to make a purchase in the store, they would not accept the room key for charging. I had to use my credit card... :confused3

LOSTGIRLZ -

Raglan Road is definitely worth it and was actually the cheapest TS we had. I think it was about $90.00; 3 people on DDP.

Lostgirlz said:
... I also have one at downtown Disney Raglen Road. If those places in epcot opt out I will probably cancel them, but will keep Raglen Road I really would like to try it if it's worth it. .and so forth

I haven't seen Big River Brewpub mentioned in any of the info ... but that also seems to be another non-Disney owned spot that isn't listed on the 2007 plan. Maybe not a huge deal for most, but being a completist, I figured I'd mention it as another ??? on the '07 plan.

None of the non-Disney restaurants are listed. I'd be much more concerned if Big River Grill was on the list (and the others weren't).

Thank you! That is a huge help! Now we can start deciding where we want to eat. It is so awesome trying the different places! The food is always great!

bicker said:
There's always a risk, whether you book something ahead of time or try to book something closer to the date. What we can rest assured of is that a WDW is always a great opportunity for a great time, and the we can have a wonderful dining experience wherever we're able to get reservations.

I wouldn't get too bent out of shape about the change in the list of participating restaurants. It's August, and that list has four months worth of changes to absorb. It is possible that the list, once it becomes valid, will not resemble the list today at all. We shouldn't worry about what hasn't happened yet.

Now thats funny! :rotfl2: :wave:

On my family's trip to WDW this past December our favorite counter service restaurant was Tangierine Cafe in Morocco. It was by far the nicest counter service dining area, the tastiest food and the most generous portions of anywhere we ate at WDW.

We're not planning on going back to WDW until 2010 (that sounds like a really long way off, doesn't it?!), but I will be mourning the loss of Tangierine Cafe on the Disney Dining Plan. *sniffle*

Just info from yesterday. I looked at a DDP brochure yesterday afternoon and saw Chefs on it. I called and made a ADR. At first the Cm told me it wasn't on the list but I asked her to check and she was surprised to find out it was now listed> I'sm still going to recheck later but it appears CHefs is now included.

Should have added, the ADR was for January. (Also should have spelled I'm correctly)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter