Big Apple, Boardwalk, and Beach - Bullies and Wrap-up (The End!) (pg 44)

The year I came to America , September of 1971 Rosie set foot on American soil....... Okay Marv take it from there :rotfl2:
So you're trying to convince everyone that you were ONLY 1971 years old the September you first set foot on American soil??? I've heard of people claiming to be 39 a number of times, but your number takes the cake!!! :rotfl: :laughing: :lmao: :rotfl:

When I watched it and there was all of this stock video at the beginning, I was like, "okay, yeah, sure whatever", then all of a sudden "Whoa! That's US!"
I like the video but not when we ride it at night. The video is a day video then inserted with night footage. Not cool. Disney can spare the change to do a night video.

So I must be around that number also, I tend to have trouble getting my first choices due to there being 10 of us . So who can accurately tell me the first minute I can try for an adr at BOG for October 13th thru 18th???? Cuz I am ****m bent on getting one this tiome !!!!

Yes, I do think you are. My ticker says 34 days from today I can get my ADRs, but I'm going to call Brook today and talk with her about strategies and times to have the MDE queued up. 10 will be tough to get stuff for... I feel your pain there, Rosie!

So you're trying to convince everyone that you were ONLY 1971 years old the September you first set foot on American soil??? I've heard of people claiming to be 39 a number of times, but your number takes the cake!!! :rotfl: :laughing: :lmao: :rotfl:

Where do you get I was 1971 years old when I first came to America ?????:snooty: I will be celebrating my 30th 39th birthday !! :rolleyes1:rainbow:

Yes, I do think you are. My ticker says 34 days from today I can get my ADRs, but I'm going to call Brook today and talk with her about strategies and times to have the MDE queued up. 10 will be tough to get stuff for... I feel your pain there, Rosie!

I am so trying to get BOG for supper , do you still have to book the Cs lunch adrs on line or thru an email or what !! ???

Sorry Glenn we seem to have taken over your thread , which come to think of it you and the boys took over mine while I was in Disney a few years back :rotfl2::rotfl2:

44 days from today I'll get to try my luck! After that, who knows what'll pop up in that PTR!

Hey, we already don't know what's going to pop up in that PTR. ;)

As long as I resist the urge temptation to spend every minute in the parks. Sometimes that's hard to do!

I know the feeling. I have regrets about things we didn't do, or that we'd relaxed more -- but to do all that, we would've had to stay muuuuch longer. Which I wish we could.

I don't think there'll be a problem with arriving early. Sleeping in at WDW is for people who have money to burn.

I'm with you.
Just checking in.............. :wave:

Thanks. I know, you thought I'd checked out!

So I must be around that number also, I tend to have trouble getting my first choices due to there being 10 of us . So who can accurately tell me the first minute I can try for an adr at BOG for October 13th thru 18th???? Cuz I am ****m bent on getting one this tiome !!!!

Good luck on getting it. I literally set my alarm for midnight (or was it 1?) to get my adr's.
Aaah what a good Dad !!:goodvibesI was thrilled to get a pix with Tink !!:banana: We always get in the shortest line in the BIG Tent at New Fantasy Land , one is always shorter , if time permits we do both. As for the mine train it didn't disappoint me cuz all thehype warned me it was not for me , and IF you remember I was traumatized taking Kyle on the Barnstormer .:rotfl2::rotfl2:

Oh that's right! You didn't like the Barnstormer! That's too funny.

The year I came to America , September of 1971 Rosie set foot on American soil....... Okay Marv take it from there :rotfl2:

<insert joke about the Mayflower here>

I am so trying to get BOG for supper , do you still have to book the Cs lunch adrs on line or thru an email or what !! ???

When I did it, they had recently changed to doing the lunch adr like all of the others. I used the iPhone app.

Sorry Glenn we seem to have taken over your thread , which come to think of it you and the boys took over mine while I was in Disney a few years back :rotfl2::rotfl2:

Doesn't bother me a bit Rosie! I'm glad somebody still looks in this thread from time to time!

I like the video but not when we ride it at night. The video is a day video then inserted with night footage. Not cool. Disney can spare the change to do a night video.

Whoops, almost missed you Pat! So, all of the canned footage is daytime, but they include the video of you at night? I hadn't thought about that issue, that's a weird one.

Making a Splash (photo)

When we left off the last time, we were crossing the Hub and getting some Photopass pictures. We were on our way to Frontierland, to a couple of our favorite rides. First up, we had a fastpass for Big Thunder Mountain Railroad.

I’ve covered this ride in a lot of my other trip reports, and I’m not sure what else to say, but these visual jokes help...

IMG_8683_zpsmlodhipp.jpg

We boarded our (soon-to-be) runaway train and set off. As you can see, I sat with Lauren, Marlene had a seat to herself behind us, and Judy and James were behind her.

IMG_8684_zpsd4u11tmk.jpg

The people behind us were enjoying it.

IMG_8685_zpsf1twsydr.jpg

Apparently there is geyser activity in the land of Big Thunder?

IMG_8690_zpshhrdnmid.jpg

Another selfie, being goofy.

IMG_8691_zpsofbxedkt.jpg

It’s always a great ride, and I don’t think we can ever go on it without relaying to Marlene the story about when her aunt took her on it when she was 5, much to her dismay. We were on a big extended family trip and Marlene and Lauren were going around the park with their cousins while Judy and I took 2-year-old James to some other attractions. Her aunt convinced her to go on it, and she did not like it at all, and was not happy with her afterward, to say the least. As I mentioned, Judy and I weren’t there, but we at least got to witness the pouty-faced aftermath. But that was a long time ago, and rollercoaster fears have long since been conquered.

After the wildest ride in the wilderness, it was time for Splash, at least for the kids and I – Judy would sit this one out. It was posted as a 40 minute wait, and we hoped that it would turn out to be less, but it was every bit of those 40 minutes and probably a little more.

Anyway, before we got in line, Judy reminded us to reapply sunscreen.

MK_SPLASH_7416064265_zpsoscstqdo.jpeg

It’s hard to remember to reapply at the Magic Kingdom, so you need to do it when you think of it!

The kids and I talked about staging something for the ride camera but for some reason James was being a stick-in-the-mud and didn’t want to do it. We hounded him a little too much, to the point where I was afraid he was going to get mad and leave the line. We just couldn’t figure out why he didn’t want to do it?! Anyway, we convinced him to stay and the girls worked out the specifics of what they were going to do. Just before we boarded the boat James and I decided that for our pose, I’d pretend to be scared and he’d comfort me; but James cracks me up in that picture, because he looks like he could use some comforting of his own. I think the girls did a great job pulling off their mid-ride sunscreen application.

We were really psyched when we saw the ride photo on the screen afterwards and couldn’t wait to show Judy, but she’d have to wait until we got our Photopass pictures.

From there we walked over to a Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom station near the Frontier Trading Post so that James could play a little bit. We’d all picked up some cards earlier in the morning and gave them to James.

IMG_8693_zpsz1w3wcgb.jpg

There was a guy playing ahead of James, and he was holding out about three cards toward the screen and the game was having trouble registering them. James tried to help him with how to hold it and said that you only use one card, but the guy said, “No, I’m playing at a higher level. You can use combinations of cards”. Right about then I noticed that he had a whole binder full of game cards. We said, “Ooooo” and were sufficiently impressed. I didn’t even know there were higher levels (of SotMK geekiness).

It was getting closer to our ADR time for lunch, so started moseying toward “Be Our Guest”. But first, a stop at the Tangled bathrooms was in order.

IMG_8694_zpsdxgf5mtc.jpg

It’s such a cool area. The only shame of it is that there’s not anything else here, just bathrooms. Not to downplay a well-timed bathroom break.

Since Lauren is a Tangled fan, I took her picture in front of Rapunzel’s tower.

IMG_8695_zpss6doqn1f.jpg

Well, I started this chapter with a visual joke at Big Thunder, so maybe I’ll end with a visual joke at the Tangled bathrooms: the Wanted posters

IMG_8697_zps6y2x99vw.jpg

Gotta love Shorty! “Whoa, somebody get me a glass because I just found me a tall drink, of water.”

Up next: Be Our Guest

Last edited:
Nice photos on Splash!

We're those wanted posters inside the restroom? I didn't see those.

Hi Glenn! Been quiet for a while but I am still reading along. Sounds like you all are having a lot of fun together which is what counts on vacation.

Looking forward to reading more as I need my Disney fix to tide me over till our trip back to BWV in November.

I’ve covered this ride in a lot of my other trip reports, and I’m not sure what else to say, but these visual jokes help...

It's like a whole ride full of Dad jokes!

No faces for this one? Darn.

Love it!:rotfl2::rotfl2:

I’d pretend to be scared and he’d comfort me; but James cracks me up in that picture, because he looks like he could use some comforting of his own.

I wasn't going to say anything, but...:rotfl:

“No, I’m playing at a higher level. You can use combinations of cards”.

Well...la-dee-dah, Mr. High Level Grand Sorcerer.

The colors turned out great in this one!

It’s such a cool area. The only shame of it is that there’s not anything else here, just bathrooms. Not to downplay a well-timed bathroom break.

Since Lauren is a Tangled fan, I took her picture in front of Rapunzel’s tower.

Well, there is also that nice tower you aren't allowed to visit.

Hey, we already don't know what's going to pop up in that PTR. ;)

I know the feeling. I have regrets about things we didn't do, or that we'd relaxed more -- but to do all that, we would've had to stay muuuuch longer. Which I wish we could.

Good luck on getting it. I literally set my alarm for midnight (or was it 1?) to get my adr's.

Oh that's right! You didn't like the Barnstormer! That's too funny.

<insert joke about the Mayflower here>
I will have to figure out the exact time I need to make those adrs and request the day off so I can sleep or cry afterwards !!:rotfl2:

Okay Glen the Mayflower really :eek: That is definately Marv worthy !!!:rotfl2:

Great Update . Loved the Sunscreen pix !!!

When I did it, they had recently changed to doing the lunch adr like all of the others. I used the iPhone app.

Doesn't bother me a bit Rosie! I'm glad somebody still looks in this thread from time to time!

I love your family. Y'all look like a hoot! It's always great to have a sense of humor, especially in Disney, gives it a whole knew meaning. I can't wait to read more. Keep it coming!

Morris less...........or were you trying for Lessis more??? :confused3

I can see the overjoyed expression in that one guy in the middle.......... :rotfl2:

Another selfie, being goofy.
You can never have enough.......... :goofy:

After the wildest ride in the wilderness, it was time for Splash, at least for the kids and I – Judy would sit this one out. It was posted as a 40 minute wait, and we hoped that it would turn out to be less, but it was every bit of those 40 minutes and probably a little more.
I hate when that happens! :headache:

It was getting closer to our ADR time for lunch, so started moseying toward “Be Our Guest”. But first, a stop at the Tangled bathrooms was in order.
Pat......is that you??? :rolleyes1

It’s always a great ride, and I don’t think we can ever go on it without relaying to Marlene the story about when her aunt took her on it when she was 5, much to her dismay.
Yes, always love that runaway train. And I almost feel sorry for Marlene. Clearly she'll never live that one down!

That stinks. Always nice when a line is a little shorter than advertised. But the other way sucks.

It’s hard to remember to reapply at the Magic Kingdom, so you need to do it when you think of it!
Good point!

The kids and I talked about staging something for the ride camera but for some reason James was being a stick-in-the-mud and didn’t want to do it. We hounded him a little too much, to the point where I was afraid he was going to get mad and leave the line. We just couldn’t figure out why he didn’t want to do it?! Anyway, we convinced him to stay and the girls worked out the specifics of what they were going to do. Just before we boarded the boat James and I decided that for our pose, I’d pretend to be scared and he’d comfort me; but James cracks me up in that picture, because he looks like he could use some comforting of his own. I think the girls did a great job pulling off their mid-ride sunscreen application.
Awesome picture!

There was a guy playing ahead of James, and he was holding out about three cards toward the screen and the game was having trouble registering them. James tried to help him with how to hold it and said that you only use one card, but the guy said, “No, I’m playing at a higher level. You can use combinations of cards”. Right about then I noticed that he had a whole binder full of game cards. We said, “Ooooo” and were sufficiently impressed. I didn’t even know there were higher levels (of SotMK geekiness).
You know, I remember hearing when it was released that they would have higher levels, but then I think I remember it being tested a few years ago and then going by the wayside. Maybe he just thinks he's playing a higher level and doesn't know as much as he thinks he does? :confused3 :rotfl:

Gotta love Shorty! “Whoa, somebody get me a glass because I just found me a tall drink, of water.”
:rotfl2::rotfl::lmao:

Glad you all had fun on Big Thunder and Splash. The girls did a great job setting up the ride photo nose- I mean pose.

I have trouble getting my teen boy to participate in silly ride photos.

May I present:

Hears No Evil. Speaks No Evil. Sees No Evil. Refuses to Participate

I have gotten so far behind in my Dissing! Love your updates. Glad you finally made it to the Magic Kingdom! I'm glad you liked the MIne Ride. Since my girls are 9 and 6 (and were 8 and 5 the first time they rode it), it's a huge hit in our house.

You found what we call the "Yak Chair" at Gaston's! My TR has the Yak Chair in it's title! We all had to get our picture taken in that chair and it holds a special place in my heart. :)

Your Splash photo is one of the best I have ever seen. I'm still laughing about it. I'm glad James stayed in line and played along!

Yay, Lauren got to meet Rapunzel! We met her for the first time last summer and loved her!

Can't wait to hear about your Be OUr Guest visit!

Nice photos on Splash!

Thanks Alison!

We're those wanted posters inside the restroom? I didn't see those.

Hmmm, this is the trouble with taking so long to write a trip report! I’m thinking they were kind of on the way into the restroom...so not technically inside, but not really an area that ladies would feel comfortable looking around. Maybe someone else reading this knows the answer?

Hi Glenn! Been quiet for a while but I am still reading along. Sounds like you all are having a lot of fun together which is what counts on vacation.

Thanks Mary Kay. So true! And we were.

Looking forward to reading more as I need my Disney fix to tide me over till our trip back to BWV in November.

Yes, I noticed your ticker. Should be good!

Ha! Love the splash mountain pic!!

Thank you Jen! We loved it when we saw the result.

It's like a whole ride full of Dad jokes!

Yes, what could be better than that? They never get old!

No faces for this one? Darn.

I guess we had a brief, serious moment.

:thumbsup2

I wasn't going to say anything, but...:rotfl:

The camera doesn’t lie!

Well...la-dee-dah, Mr. High Level Grand Sorcerer.

Hey, don’t forget your pointy hat, Merlin!

The colors turned out great in this one!

It’s a beautiful area.

Well, there is also that nice tower you aren't allowed to visit.

Aw c’mon, isn’t it enough to just be able to look at it from afar? Next you’ll want a treehouse that you can walk through. Oh wait...

I will have to figure out the exact time I need to make those adrs and request the day off so I can sleep or cry afterwards !!:rotfl2:

Unfortunately, you have to do it that way nowadays. By 8am, it’s way too late for the popular locations.

Okay Glen the Mayflower really :eek: That is definately Marv worthy !!!:rotfl2:

I thought “what would Marv say?”. What could go wrong with that kind of thinking?

Great Update . Loved the Sunscreen pix !!!

Glad you liked it Rosie! Have you ever been on Splash Mountain?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter