Big Apple, Boardwalk, and Beach - Bullies and Wrap-up (The End!) (pg 44)

What, no "Wahooty!"? ;)

Those are mostly reserved for passing Exam grades right now. Seems to be all I can focus on.

As nice as the Boardwalk is (especially so close to Epcot and DHS), it didn't make us regret that our home resort is AKL.

I was hoping I'd get that sort of feedback from you! I really hope I made the right choice. A deluxe may never happen again.

Yes, learn from my mistakes!

You are a good teacher.

Yes, learn from our successes!

And once again.

Doing all right. Things are interesting at work, that's for sure.

That sounds ominous...

Sorry for the long delay in getting to your replies everyone. I have off for President's Day, which gives me an opportunity to get caught up!

From the views out your window, it looks like you were in a similar room to where we stayed when we were at the Boardwalk.

Not a bad location at all.

I totally understand the pictures before the room explodes, I insist on that too!

There will never be another opportunity where the room looks that good!!

Funny you had TV dinners, that's one thing I insist that we never do on vacation. With a full kitchen I would rather make us an easy meal than eat something like that. I hate to eat those and on vacation, it would be strange. I would be OK with one of those skillet kind of meals, but I think I had so many of those microwave meals at work and in a pinch that they have such a negative connotation that on vacation I can't deal with it.

I get that! But we never have those at home. I don't even have them at work -- I always take leftovers For us, TV dinners are actually something out of the ordinary.

I'm sorry that you got to Trader Sam's after they let minors in. I still can't wait to try the Florida version, we've been to the DL version a few times and enjoy that quite a bit, but it was closed on our last trip when we tried to visit. What's with Floridian's? Ours opens at noon? Why wait until 4PM?

Yeah, I felt pretty dumb when I realized that they couldn't get in and I'd been warned by a DISer about that ahead of time! Doh! I guess they open Trader Sam's at the same time the Food Trucks open...doesn't make a lot of sense.

It was fun having a reason to watch the Macy's parade. I was at my Dad's and watching intently to try and spot Marlene. :magnify:

Thanks for supporting her Marv!

Cool that you and the kids went to see Sir Paul. :rockband: Looks like you had a great time, and sounds like a good plan to continue your day/night by starting your trip to Disney. :car:

We had a great time, they absolutely loved the concert. I hadn't even considered leaving early until the day before, you kind of get plan in your head and miss the alternatives, but I'm glad I realized that it could be a good idea.

Yes, that night at the Comfort Suites was interesting. I think that's the first time I've ever walked in a room that was suppose to be mine, and had someone come up out of the bed firmly saying...........someone is IN HERE! Didn't take long to apologize and quickly back out of the room. :oops: Like Pat said............once we got our correct room and found it was one floor up and the same room number, we tried to be very quiet walking around. :tiptoe:

You'll remember that for a while!!

Your BBQ looked pretty good. We had a hard enough time just finding the Comfort Suites...........not sure we could have found that BBQ place. Of course, it was much later when we arrived so there wasn't much still open. And since they were working on the exit and it was closed, we were routed off 95 one exit sooner and had to take back roads to get there. No fun having them add on the difficulty of just finding where to turn to reach the place......... :scared:

It's easy to see when you're coming off the exit, but I don't think you'd ever see it otherwise.

Interesting first day at Disney........bowling alley sushi, frozen dinners and lots of hat pictures. :scratchin Even though the rooms at Boardwalk may have needed a little updating, still not bad digs for enjoying Disney for sure! :thumbsup2

It was a different first-day-at-Disney for us. No Yeehaa Bob this time around. The Boardwalk was a nice location, especially for Epcot and DHS days!

I am glad I got a last look at the "old" Boardwalk rooms. I am sure there are complaints about the new rooms and I hear the lack of Disney but probably like the Beach Club the rooms need to be refreshed. The poor Beach Club REALLY needs matching carpet in the hallway, it has been a few years with patch of black and gray in the 1st floor hallway and has been there far longer than a test period should be.

Yeah, they needed a little refreshing. When you think about the amount of money that these places generate, and that they're "deluxe", they need to look like it. Patched carpeting seems like a big no-no.

FREE ICE CREAM!!!!!!! Whoo Hootie!!!!

Thank you for the "whoo hootie!". ;)

I agree a very nice look for her.

Some people just have a way with hats.

Sorry about that Chief!!!

My own dumb fault.

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts.

Update coming up.

Sweet Suite! I'm excited you did an update - I'll be back to read but I wanted to check in and let you know I did a BIG life update and TR update!

http://disboards.com/threads/blizza...ate-pg-13-epcot-pg-13-1-24-16.3409801/page-13

I read it. Congrats!!!!

I was actually more caught up than I thought so many new shops to explore at the Springs. Your girls do have a way with hats! Looking forward to your park days. Hopefully I can keep up better.

More caught up than you thought -- because I'm going so slowly!! :laughing:

Those are mostly reserved for passing Exam grades right now. Seems to be all I can focus on.

Perfectly understandable. You're doing a good job updating us on your school-progress though. Thanks for that.

I was hoping I'd get that sort of feedback from you! I really hope I made the right choice. A deluxe may never happen again.

I think you did. As long as you take some time to soak in the sights, sounds, and smells of the Lodge, you won't regret it. Yes, I said sounds and smells as well as sights. I love the African music playing throughout. And the smell of the firepit. And I swear you can smell the food from Boma. Mmmmm.

You are a good teacher.

And once again.

I have plenty of both, mistakes and successes.

That sounds ominous...

Okay for now.

I finally see the (now-not-so) New Fantasyland

On our first park day, we were up and at the Boardwalk bus stop by 7:30, which was pretty good for us. It’s hard to get everyone up and moving, but being at DisneyWorld definitely helps. Magic Kingdom opened at 8 on this day, so I knew that we wouldn’t be there for rope drop, but we should still be in pretty good shape to beat most of the crowds. The bus stop was pretty empty when we got there, and I think we had just missed a Magic Kingdom bus, naturally. We had to wait for a little while, but it gave us time to take a first-morning-bus-stop photo:

IMG_8639_zpssccxhkw5.jpg

Eventually our bus came and we boarded and went straight to Magic Kingdom. We entered the park at 8:09. Our plan was to get in the standby line at 7 Dwarfs Mine Train so that we could get a couple of rides in – this one plus a fastpass ride a little later in the morning. I know, I know...most of the people who beat us to rope drop had headed to the same ride, but I figured that despite that, the line would still be the shortest that it would be all day. I think that proved to be true.

We hoofed it pretty quickly in the direction of New Fantasyland. I tried to take some shots along Main Street as we went. There was a pretty big construction tarp about halfway up the street.

IMG_8640_zpslw6smafz.jpg

Power walking.

IMG_8641_zpskvhhd44g.jpg

The Hub and Castle.

IMG_8642_zpsawqyjkhd.jpg

We made it to our destination.

IMG_8643_zpslwofms47.jpg

Dwarf’s house.

IMG_8645_zpsppazucnl.jpg

We had fun in line.

IMG_8646_zpsihlnjmzx.jpg

I remember that Marlene made me laugh by putting her hand in the water and saying, “Water...you doing?” I’m easily amused.

IMG_8647_zpsvwsh177l.jpg

Marlene and James spinning the barrels.

IMG_8648_zpsedwxu9p7.jpg

I had read on the DIS that it was fun to rock the mine cars, so while we were in line we hatched a plan that I’d ride with James and we’d try to do that.

It may look like James and I are holding on for dear life, but we’re trying to rock the car. It isn’t easy.

MK_MINETRAIN_7362943806_zpsitglwi83.jpeg

MK_MINETRAIN_7388701874_zpsta43yv19.jpeg

Marlene knew that the drop must have a photo capture, so she struck a goofy pose.

MK_MINETRAIN_7362943850_zpssntveg3n.jpeg

She held it for the whole drop – you’ve gotta respect that level of dedication.

MK_MINETRAIN_7388709270_zps3awcd2b5.jpeg

My assessment of it is that it’s a nice little ride. Fortunately, I’d read enough on the DIS to know what to expect and so wasn’t disappointed that it wasn’t more thrilling. I think the hype got away from it a little bit and people were expecting more “thrill”, but on the thrill-scale it’s well below Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, closer to Goofy’s Barnstormer. But still, it’s a fun (but brief) ride.

I do like the video of your ride that you get from Photopass. Most of it is their own canned production video, but there’s a couple of seconds (in slo-mo, no less) where you realize that the people you’re watching in the video are you, which is pretty cool.

You may or may not remember this (I’ll be impressed if you do), but on our last trip to DisneyWorld, Lauren stopped into Town Square Theater to see Rapunzel but was disappointed to find that she’d already left for the day. She’s a big “Tangled” fan, so saying that she was disappointed was actually downplaying it. Anyway, on our way to the Mine Train she noticed that Rapunzel was at Princess Fairytale Hall, so we could rectify that missed meet-and-greet right now. There were two separate lines heading in to Princess Fairytale Hall -- to the right was the line for Anna and Elsa, to the left Rapunzel and Cinderella. Our current “It” girls, Anna and Elsa, had a huuuge line, which I would (and did) avoid like the plague. But all of those people in their line meant that they were not in our line, and we wound our way through the empty velvet ropes until we were inside and waiting for just one family ahead of us. Lauren first got that sought-after picture of herself with one of her favorites.

MK_PFTHPURPLED1CHAR_7362972002_zpsoq5rda5o.jpeg

The rest of us met Rapunzel as well. I was trying to think of what I could talk to Rapunzel about, and I blurted out, “All of my kids got haircuts just before coming on this trip.” She got a look of horror on her face and said, “And you let them?!”

She was fun to meet.

The Photopass people took some pictures for us. I would have omitted this picture since James wasn’t looking at the camera, but I thought that it was funny that he was looking at Rapunzel’s hair. Yes James, the length of her hair is a very important plot point of the movie.

MK_PFTHPURPLED1CHAR_7362972011_zpsi2mu3ima.jpeg

We did eventually get one with everyone looking at the camera.

MK_PFTHPURPLED1CHAR_7388740472_zpsed60e1kl.jpeg

Lauren was very happy to have met Rapunzel, and Cinderella was next up. We didn’t really need to meet Cinderella, but we didn’t want to hurt her feelings, so we let her meet us. Lauren and Marlene met her first. I think they had a fair amount of dialogue, but I can’t remember what the conversation was about.

MK_PFTHPURPLED2CHAR_7388766510_zpsit2fct4s.jpeg

And the whole fam.

MK_PFTHPURPLED2CHAR_7388776412_zpslcomobgn.jpeg

We exited Princess Fairytale Hall and someone said, “now what”? “Let’s walk through New Fantasyland”, says I.

A look over towards the Beast’s castle.

IMG_8662_zpsymxaofsl.jpg

We walked up to Gaston’s Tavern.

IMG_8663_zpsa9lkbjay.jpg

With Gaston’s modest statue.

IMG_8664_zpsj4h7jtse.jpg

And the modest sign in front of Gaston’s statue.

IMG_8665_zpso4kbkan6.jpg

He really needs to work on his self-confidence.

Another shot of the statue

IMG_8666_zpsrzmyrgvp.jpg

We took a group-selfie to send to some friends at work.

IMG_0103_zpsceq7wfwx.jpg

continued in next post

Last edited:
continued from previous post

Inside, the kids found Gaston’s chair.

IMG_8667_zpsiqh1rqv8.jpg

It’s kinda cool in there. You have Gaston’s portrait.

IMG_8669_zpsqaquad63.jpg

And an antler chandelier.

IMG_8670_zpsz3to7rh5.jpg

Also in the courtyard with Gaston’s Tavern is a little gift shop. The girls found these Gaston shirts, complete with chest hair.

IMG_8671_zpsozxqfc5u.jpg

We moved on. We skipped the Little Mermaid Ride, but I took a picture of figurehead Ariel as we passed.

IMG_8672_zpsukgrrubq.jpg

We made our way over to Storybook Circus.

IMG_8673_zpsjfdfs3cs.jpg

Inside the tent you have “Big Top Treats” and more shopping.

IMG_8674_zpswharblwg.jpg

There was an area of water fun outside. I’ll bet this gets popular in the afternoon.

IMG_8675_zpstqxcesao.jpg

The train went by and we got a wave from the Engineer.

IMG_8676_zpsw1qzzffg.jpg

Speedway and Castle.

IMG_8677_zpsyacqdvra.jpg

We decided to take a spin on the Speedway. I was paired-up with Marlene.

IMG_0105_zpsmycc2mwx.jpg

IMG_0106_zpszeokwrxp.jpg

Then we headed toward the Hub. The most photographed castle in the world.

IMG_8678_zpslnrtuoiu.jpg

We walked to the Hub in order to get some Photopass pictures with the Castle backdrop.

MK_PARTRIGHT_7399922357_zpskltb9b6k.jpeg

We soon realized that our sunglass were still on.

MK_PARTRIGHT_7363046941_zpsprg8g1wd.jpeg

He told us to “look excited”! I really like this one.

MK_PARTRIGHT_7363046943_zpsvv4xqjue.jpeg

I tried cropping it also, but I like the full-sized one.

MK_PARTRIGHT_7388794245_zpsvu32dbxi.jpeg

Okay so, maybe just some minor cropping of it is the way to go.

MK_PARTRIGHT_7416068335_zpsusd1nisx.jpeg

Tinkerbell showed up also.

MK_PARTRIGHT_7399923001_zpsmgwwfayc.jpeg

MK_PARTRIGHT_7416027825_zpsgh7eaokd.jpeg

The photographer also took a couple with my camera.

IMG_8679_zpsr1f0powz.jpg

IMG_8680_zpscz0opkdj.jpg

The Main Street Fire Department’s fire truck was there in the Hub. It’s Engine no. 71. Care to guess what year the Magic Kingdom opened?

IMG_8682_zpsxqfg1fep.jpg

Up next: Making a Splash (photo)

Last edited:

Great update! You got wonderful pictures - especially the ones in front of the castle. Making memories.....

Great day at the MK. Your kids have grown up so much!

Jill in CO

We entered the park at 8:09. Our plan was to get in the standby line at 7 Dwarfs Mine Train so that we could get a couple of rides in – this one plus a fastpass ride a little later in the morning. I know, I know...most of the people who beat us to rope drop had headed to the same ride, but I figured that despite that, the line would still be the shortest that it would be all day. I think that proved to be true.
Yep, a good plan! There are so many options in MK that this usually works well. Between Tomorrowland and all of the parents taking their little Princesses to meet, well............the Princesses, there are enough options to spread things out. Plus this was, you get to actually experience the Standby line, which is pretty cool. :thumbsup2

I remember that Marlene made me laugh by putting her hand in the water and saying, “Water...you doing?” I’m easily amused.
:rolleyes1 Actually, that is pretty funny........... :rotfl:

It may look like James and I are holding on for dear life, but we’re trying to rock the car. It isn’t easy.
Yeah, okay........sure. :scratchin

Marlene knew that the drop must have a photo capture, so she struck a goofy pose.

MK_MINETRAIN_7362943850_zpssntveg3n.jpeg
Apparently she wasn't the only one. :rotfl2:

My assessment of it is that it’s a nice little ride. Fortunately, I’d read enough on the DIS to know what to expect and so wasn’t disappointed that it wasn’t more thrilling. I think the hype got away from it a little bit and people were expecting more “thrill”, but on the thrill-scale it’s well below Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, closer to Goofy’s Barnstormer. But still, it’s a fun (but brief) ride.
Agree..........I was very underwhelmed. I think they wasted a great opportunity to make a really good ride. I expected with all the buildup and hype that there would be more to it than just a little ride through the mine wrapped around a little bit of coaster ride. The ride cars are really good, but I really thought there would be more story telling (a la Splash Mountain) inside the mountain. I enjoy the ride a little more now that I know what it is, and have lowered my expectations accordingly. :rolleyes2

I do like the video of your ride that you get from Photopass. Most of it is their own canned production video, but there’s a couple of seconds (in slo-mo, no less) where you realize that the people you’re watching in the video are you, which is pretty cool.
Now this is definitely a good addition.........now that the cameras work and they supply it! :cool1:

There were two separate lines heading in to Princess Fairytale Hall -- to the right was the line for Anna and Elsa, to the left Rapunzel and Cinderella. Our current “It” girls, Anna and Elsa, had a huuuge line, which I would (and did) avoid like the plague. But all of those people in their line meant that they were not in our line, and we wound our way through the empty velvet ropes until we were inside and waiting for just one family ahead of us. Lauren first got that sought-after picture of herself with one of her favorites.
Hopefully those Princesses will keep making it easier for the rest of us. Glad Lauren got her picture with Rapunzel.

We didn’t really need to meet Cinderella, but we didn’t want to hurt her feelings, so we let her meet us.
So noble of you ::yes::

It’s kinda cool in there. You have Gaston’s portrait.

IMG_8669_zpsqaquad63.jpg

IMG_8670_zpsz3to7rh5.jpg
This is another great job of theming. So many special touches in here! :woohoo:

We walked to the Hub in order to get some Photopass pictures with the Castle backdrop.

MK_PARTRIGHT_7399922357_zpskltb9b6k.jpeg

Hey, at least you were symmetrical. :laughing:

Not so new New Fantasyland-

My last family trip to the World was July 2013, so the boys have not experienced anything in NFL. I finally checked it out in June during the class trip (I was solo at MK while the students were in class), although I only made it into the town center with Gaston's fountain. I didn't go into the tavern. My husband will finally get to see it in October.

The Hub and Castle.

IMG_8642_zpsawqyjkhd.jpg

Looks like a gorgeous morning!

Very similar to most of my family pictures. Backs. Nothing but backs!

Do you have a rough idea of how long the stand-by queue for the Mine Train was for you?

Love the pictures of your family on the ride!

That is fantastic that Lauren got to finally meet Rapunzel. Nice picture of the two of them, and then the family. I don't think I have ever met a Princess at Disney.

Awesome castle shots! Looks like the photographer took time to do a lot of different shots. That is a great location.

:goodvibes:

Is there anything better in this world than a day at the Magic Kingdom?? It's one of my favorite places to be. :love: I felt the same way about the SDMT. But one thing I have learned over the years is that when you set expectations you are setting yourself up disappointment. So I was happy with my ride on it. :)

Glad Lauren got to meet Rapunzel. :cutie:

Perfectly understandable. You're doing a good job updating us on your school-progress though. Thanks for that.

Probably overdone, but it's all I've got right now. Things ARE starting to wind down a bit, and that certainly feels great, but still such a long way to go. The PTR will heat up again in a few more weeks, until then, it's study, exam, study, exam, study.....

Another little mini TR coming up though from Nashville/Bowling Green again.

I think you did. As long as you take some time to soak in the sights, sounds, and smells of the Lodge, you won't regret it. Yes, I said sounds and smells as well as sights. I love the African music playing throughout. And the smell of the firepit. And I swear you can smell the food from Boma. Mmmmm.

It sounds delightful! I can't wait!! I have 2 long mornings there planned, some pool time, and an evening. So we should be good.

“Water...you doing?”

:lmao::lmao:

Excellent update! I LOVED your family pictures and that Lauren finally got a Meet with Rapunzel. :thumbsup2 It's good to know that you can get a ride on 7DMT even a teensy past RD without a FiP. That helps in the MK planning.

Dontcha love the little details Disney puts in? Engine 71 is a nice touch.

Great update! You got wonderful pictures - especially the ones in front of the castle. Making memories.....

Thanks rdkeim! I like those pictures in front of the castle too. Yes, a day we'll remember for a long time.

Great day at the MK. Your kids have grown up so much!

Jill in CO

Thanks, yes it was. I know! Too much! Time flies.

Yep, a good plan! There are so many options in MK that this usually works well. Between Tomorrowland and all of the parents taking their little Princesses to meet, well............the Princesses, there are enough options to spread things out. Plus this was, you get to actually experience the Standby line, which is pretty cool. :thumbsup2

I wasn't 100% sure if it was a good idea, but like I said, figured that the lines would only get worse. I agree, there are more options now, so not quite everybody is running for the same attraction.

:rolleyes1 Actually, that is pretty funny........... :rotfl:

I guess this was a pretty common joke at school.

Yeah, okay........sure. :scratchin

:laughing:

Apparently she wasn't the only one. :rotfl2:

Hey, you're not referring to me, are you?!

Agree..........I was very underwhelmed. I think they wasted a great opportunity to make a really good ride. I expected with all the buildup and hype that there would be more to it than just a little ride through the mine wrapped around a little bit of coaster ride. The ride cars are really good, but I really thought there would be more story telling (a la Splash Mountain) inside the mountain. I enjoy the ride a little more now that I know what it is, and have lowered my expectations accordingly. :rolleyes2

I agree. When it was first announced, I was thinking of the runaway mine train scene from Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom. I know, wrong movie, but there isn't a runaway mine train scene in Snow White! Oh well. Like you said, now we know what to expect.

Now this is definitely a good addition.........now that the cameras work and they supply it! :cool1:

When I watched it and there was all of this stock video at the beginning, I was like, "okay, yeah, sure whatever", then all of a sudden "Whoa! That's US!"

Hopefully those Princesses will keep making it easier for the rest of us. Glad Lauren got her picture with Rapunzel.

It'll last for a while and then it'll be some other character(s). Whoever's current.

So noble of you ::yes::

Yeah, I know. :blush:

This is another great job of theming. So many special touches in here! :woohoo:

Yeah, but we didn't spend much time in there though. Not enough time! We need to go for a month next time!

Hey, at least you were symmetrical. :laughing:

I don't think I've ever been accused of that before.

Not so new New Fantasyland-

My last family trip to the World was July 2013, so the boys have not experienced anything in NFL. I finally checked it out in June during the class trip (I was solo at MK while the students were in class), although I only made it into the town center with Gaston's fountain. I didn't go into the tavern. My husband will finally get to see it in October.

I have a feeling your boys probably will make a runthrough of NFL and be on to the next thrill ride! No Little Mermaid ride for them.

Looks like a gorgeous morning!

It was, really nice weather. Hot, as usual for Florida in June, but a good day for the parks.

Very similar to most of my family pictures. Backs. Nothing but backs!

They can really hoof it when it counts.

Do you have a rough idea of how long the stand-by queue for the Mine Train was for you?

I'm thinking it was only around 20 minutes. A half-hour max, but probably not even that.

Love the pictures of your family on the ride!

Aw, thanks.

That is fantastic that Lauren got to finally meet Rapunzel. Nice picture of the two of them, and then the family. I don't think I have ever met a Princess at Disney.

You never know what are on people's "must do" lists! Oh, you need to meet a Princess sometime!

Awesome castle shots! Looks like the photographer took time to do a lot of different shots. That is a great location.

:goodvibes:

Thanks. He did! I appreciate it when we get a good photographer who's eager and suggests on their own to do some different shots. It does happen more often than not.

Is there anything better in this world than a day at the Magic Kingdom?? It's one of my favorite places to be. :love:

It's right up there Jen! But in competition with a day at Epcot, Animal Kingdom, and DHS.

I felt the same way about the SDMT. But one thing I have learned over the years is that when you set expectations you are setting yourself up disappointment. So I was happy with my ride on it. :)

Yep, I agree. I pretty much knew what to expect, so enjoyed it. But I would've liked more thrill.

Glad Lauren got to meet Rapunzel. :cutie:

Thanks. Yeah, I wasn't really expecting to be getting photos with Princesses for our second stop, but that's fine.

Probably overdone, but it's all I've got right now. Things ARE starting to wind down a bit, and that certainly feels great, but still such a long way to go. The PTR will heat up again in a few more weeks, until then, it's study, exam, study, exam, study.....

That's fine. There's always a lull after your adr window comes and goes anyway. Gives you time to study and take exams, and report on them.

Another little mini TR coming up though from Nashville/Bowling Green again.

Oh good!

It sounds delightful! I can't wait!! I have 2 long mornings there planned, some pool time, and an evening. So we should be good.

I know that you'll give it its due.

Excellent update! I LOVED your family pictures and that Lauren finally got a Meet with Rapunzel. :thumbsup2 It's good to know that you can get a ride on 7DMT even a teensy past RD without a FiP. That helps in the MK planning.

Thanks! I like how they turned out too. Yeah, you'll still probably want to get a fastpass, but if you don't, don't sweat it too much...just get there early!

Dontcha love the little details Disney puts in? Engine 71 is a nice touch.

Absolutely! So many details too! I actually didn't notice this one until I was putting the chapter together and was looking at the picture.

It’s hard to get everyone up and moving, but being at DisneyWorld definitely helps.

It's certainly better motivation than "Time to go to work."

We entered the park at 8:09. Our plan was to get in the standby line at 7 Dwarfs Mine Train so that we could get a couple of rides in – this one plus a fastpass ride a little later in the morning. I know, I know...most of the people who beat us to rope drop had headed to the same ride, but I figured that despite that, the line would still be the shortest that it would be all day. I think that proved to be true.

::yes:: I didn't find that to be a bad strategy. Relatively speaking, there are still fewer people there than later in the day.

#Dadjoke

Surrrre. Let's go with that.:rolleyes1

She held it for the whole drop – you’ve gotta respect that level of dedication.

That is very admirable dedication to her craft!:thumbsup2

My assessment of it is that it’s a nice little ride. Fortunately, I’d read enough on the DIS to know what to expect and so wasn’t disappointed that it wasn’t more thrilling.

Yeah, it's good to have the warning in this case. Nice little warm-up ride.

Lauren first got that sought-after picture of herself with one of her favorites.

All's well that ends well.

We did eventually get one with everyone looking at the camera.

That's never an easy task with a large family.

I use antlers in all of my decorating.

Something's wrong here...I can actually see the photographer. What could it be?:confused3

It’s Engine no. 71. Care to guess what year the Magic Kingdom opened?

:scratchin Hang on, it'll come to me...

I know, I know...most of the people who beat us to rope drop had headed to the same ride, but I figured that despite that, the line would still be the shortest that it would be all day. I think that proved to be true.
How long did it end up being?

She tells Dad jokes???? :eek:

It would be easier if you had some help from the front row... :rolleyes1

And I would have to agree. Fun ride, not worth some of the waits I tend to see there though.

The rest of us met Rapunzel as well. I was trying to think of what I could talk to Rapunzel about, and I blurted out, “All of my kids got haircuts just before coming on this trip.” She got a look of horror on her face and said, “And you let them?!”
Let them? No, I cut it myself!

:rotfl2::rotfl::lmao:

The most photographed castle in the world.
Great picture. And so are the photopass pictures!

It's certainly better motivation than "Time to go to work."

Very true. But you'll see as your kids get into those teen-years, that it gets harder to get them rolling in the morning even when you're someplace like DisneyWorld.

::yes:: I didn't find that to be a bad strategy. Relatively speaking, there are still fewer people there than later in the day.

Strike while the iron's hot, kind of thing.

She didn't hear it from me!

Surrrre. Let's go with that.:rolleyes1

Thank you. Yes, let's.

That is very admirable dedication to her craft!:thumbsup2

We'll have more examples later. One will dwarf this, in comparison.

Yeah, it's good to have the warning in this case. Nice little warm-up ride.

That's a good description.

All's well that ends well.

Whoa, are you quoting Shakespeare?

That's never an easy task with a large family.

I admit that I've put on a little, but wow. ;)

I use antlers in all of my decorating.

But only naturally-shed antlers, of course.

Something's wrong here...I can actually see the photographer. What could it be?:confused3

Right! "Wait, hold on...I should be squinting in extreme pain. Like I stared at an arc welder."

:scratchin Hang on, it'll come to me...

Google it if you have to.

How long did it end up being?

I'm guessing that it was probably about 20 minutes. No more than 30, and probably closer to 20.

She tells Dad jokes???? :eek:

Mine are more sophisticated than that. You know, "Hey, there's something on your shirt right here." <bip>

It would be easier if you had some help from the front row... :rolleyes1

See what I'm workin' with here?

And I would have to agree. Fun ride, not worth some of the waits I tend to see there though.

Yes.

Let them? No, I cut it myself!

:rotfl2::rotfl::lmao:

That might have gotten me hit with a frying pan!

Great picture. And so are the photopass pictures!

Thanks Andy!

There's always a lull after your adr window comes and goes anyway.

44 days from today I'll get to try my luck! After that, who knows what'll pop up in that PTR!

I know that you'll give it its due.

As long as I resist the urge temptation to spend every minute in the parks. Sometimes that's hard to do!

Yeah, you'll still probably want to get a fastpass, but if you don't, don't sweat it too much...just get there early!

I don't think there'll be a problem with arriving early. Sleeping in at WDW is for people who have money to burn.

44 days from today I'll get to try my luck! After that, who knows what'll pop up in that PTR!

So I must be around that number also, I tend to have trouble getting my first choices due to there being 10 of us . So who can accurately tell me the first minute I can try for an adr at BOG for October 13th thru 18th???? Cuz I am ****m bent on getting one this tiome !!!!

You may or may not remember this (I’ll be impressed if you do), but on our last trip to DisneyWorld, Lauren stopped into Town Square Theater to see Rapunzel but was disappointed to find that she’d already left for the day. She’s a big “Tangled” fan, so saying that she was disappointed was actually downplaying it. Anyway, on our way to the Mine Train she noticed that Rapunzel was at Princess Fairytale Hall, so we could rectify that missed meet-and-greet right now. There were two separate lines heading in to Princess Fairytale Hall -- to the right was the line for Anna and Elsa, to the left Rapunzel and Cinderella. Our current “It” girls, Anna and Elsa, had a huuuge line, which I would (and did) avoid like the plague. But all of those people in their line meant that they were not in our line, and we wound our way through the empty velvet ropes until we were inside and waiting for just one family ahead of us. Lauren first got that sought-after picture of herself with one of her favorites.

Aaah what a good Dad !!:goodvibesI was thrilled to get a pix with Tink !!:banana: We always get in the shortest line in the BIG Tent at New Fantasy Land , one is always shorter , if time permits we do both. As for the mine train it didn't disappoint me cuz all thehype warned me it was not for me , and IF you remember I was traumatized taking Kyle on the Barnstormer .:rotfl2::rotfl2:

Care to guess what year the Magic Kingdom opened?
The year I came to America , September of 1971 Rosie set foot on American soil....... Okay Marv take it from there :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter