Big Apple, Boardwalk, and Beach - Bullies and Wrap-up (The End!) (pg 44)

Love the ride photos on Mine Train. There seems to be a lot of expressions of terror given the low thrill level of the ride, though.

I'm glad you had some fun playing with the interactive effects in the HM queue.

2 June, 4 July, 3 August trips. Yup. Know what you are talking about!

:scared:

But I still preferred all of them to our February trip that was too cold.

::yes::

Oops, thought I had vomnented. I guess it was all in my head. :rotfl2:

There is so much to do while waiting at HM you might forget how long the wait is. :confused: Oh wait! I think that's the idea:idea: Too bad they can't control the heat. :goodvibes

Love the 7DMT pics! I don't care if the adventure factor is low, that ride is so much fun!

Yeah, but you aren't supposed to cover the lens........... :sad2:

The lens is above the fingers of my left hand, clearly visible! But thanks for the advice!

Love the look of the woman in the front! :rotfl:

That seat was probably going faster than mine. :rolleyes:

Yep, know it well. :faint:

I figured you could relate.

Well I guess not.........it looks like they kept pushing on them! :rolleyes2

And we wonder why everyone’s so pushy these days.

Is that possible? I thought they wouldn't show up in pictures.......... :confused3

You’re thinking of vampires. Apparitions love to photobomb.

Been there too! :eek:

You’re wise if you can tell when it’s time to take a break. Something’s gonna break, one way or another!

Starbucks! What a way to spend way too much money on way too crappy food and coffee......... :mad:

Well I wouldn’t call it crappy, but I do prefer the old bakery.

They should have just added a small booth in the corner........if they had to make a change at all. I'm still po'd they got rid of a great place for that garbage........... :headache:

I agree, something small would’ve been just fine.

You aren't talking about that person standing BESIDE the gargoyle in your previous picture are you............??? :rolleyes:

I’m not sure – they’re so hard to tell apart.

Oh brother.

Only a YEAR??? :blush:

I forget, how old is your current TR now?

What about repeating posts??? :confused3

smiley_emoticons_confused.gif

It's been awhile so I hope I do this right. I've enjoyed your Instagram too. You're the best a giving chapter links so I could catch up on the updates. We did afternoon breaks in 2007 & 2009 and a few on the Wedding trip last year. I find the older I get the more breaks I need.

Thanks. Yes, I like to make it so that someone could easily go through the trip report without the chatter, if they prefer. Kind of the “abridged” version.

Yeah, that’s why a nice long trip is good, so that you can go at a more leisurely pace and not feel like you’re missing out or wasting money.

Love the ride photos on Mine Train. There seems to be a lot of expressions of terror given the low thrill level of the ride, though.

I’m with you – I don’t know what was up with those people.
smiley_emoticons_confused.gif

I'm glad you had some fun playing with the interactive effects in the HM queue.

Finally got to see it. What is it now, like 5 years after installation?!

2 June, 4 July, 3 August trips. Yup. Know what you are talking about!

:scared:

You sure do!

But I still preferred all of them to our February trip that was too cold.

::yes::

I’m with you. I’ve been there twice over Christmastime (although many years ago, 1983 and 2001) and it was pretty cold. I don’t like carrying/wearing extra jackets and coats at Disney, and I don’t like when it’s too cold to use the pools.

Oops, thought I had vomnented. I guess it was all in my head. :rotfl2:

No problem. Thanks for comment back to vomnent. ;)

There is so much to do while waiting at HM you might forget how long the wait is. :confused: Oh wait! I think that's the idea:idea: :

I think they’re smart to do that, keep us entertained in line. It really does help the whole experience and I’m glad they’re adding that stuff to more and more attractions.

Too bad they can't control the heat. :goodvibes:

I’m sure they’re working on it!

Love the 7DMT pics! I don't care if the adventure factor is low, that ride is so much fun!

Thanks. Yeah, I’ll probably try to do it again next trip, whenever that is.

Hi Glenn!! Schools out for the summer, so I'm catching up! Always love reading your reports :sunny:

Hi Rebecca! Great to see you on here! :welcome: Looks like you’ve got a trip in the works – that’s great!

And apparently in your stomach too...... :rotfl:

I actually think it’s a great new term, and I wish I’d coined it! “I would like to vomment on your post. In fact, I’d like to vomment all over it.” :crazy2:

Glad you are picking on someone else for a change!!!:rotfl2:

He’s equal-opportunity, for sure. :laughing:

[QUOTE="glennbo123, post: 55965880, member: 194103"

No problem. Thanks for comment back to vomnent.

I actually think it’s a great new term, and I wish I’d coined it! “I would like to vomment on your post. In fact, I’d like to vomment all over it.” :crazy2:

He’s equal-opportunity, for sure. :laughing:[/QUOTE]

:faint: guess it's my turn. No pole dancing or wooden spoons though. :rotfl2:

Another great report Glenn!
The bonus entertainment has been great as well. I have a new word to add to my vocabulary, correct spelling optional.:duck:

Leave it to me :rolleyes: I have to start proofing :magnify:

100 Proof-ing.

:faint: guess it's my turn. No pole dancing or wooden spoons though. :rotfl2:

Your turn in the barrel.

The proof is in the puddling! Oh wait, that's what happens when you laugh too hard at your typos.............. :rotfl2:

I'm not going to bite.

Okay Marv and Glenn picking on me now you!!!:rotfl2:But I do like VOMNENT , it really will have some use on these boards I think:angel::confused3:rotfl2: i.e Marv I wood like Vomnent on you last wise crack:rotfl2::rotfl2:

You will probably find a lot of use for the new term.

Another great report Glenn!
The bonus entertainment has been great as well. I have a new word to add to my vocabulary, correct spelling optional.:duck:

Thanks Rozz! Yes, use it freely, there's lots of opportunity around here.

Tammie, Tammie... spoil sport. ;)

Right. Make a typo, you have to live with the consequences.

Last edited:
BWV Community Hall and an evening back at MK

We left behind a hot and crowded Magic Kingdom and made it back to the Boardwalk around 4pm. We rested for a little bit, and then everyone except James (who continued to rest), went down to the main pool, called “Luna Park Pool” (but better known as the Creepy Clown Pool). I brought the water-resistant camera with me.

Judy and Marlene enjoying the water.

DSCF0212_zpskgd0lbsw.jpg

I attempted to squeeze into the picture with them.

DSCF0213_zpsewgurik0.jpg

Marlene helping me test the underwater capabilities of the camera.

DSCF0214_zpsx0lekd0b.jpg

I thought I’d document a little more of the resort for you, but I wasn’t about to leave the pool, I’d just do it from here. For example, here’s Leaping Horse Libations, the bar at the Luna Park Pool.

DSCF0216_zpsm2aqjfdc.jpg

To get your refillable mug filled, you have to give it to the bartender to fill. I like it better at Kidani where the dispenser is on an outer wall for self-filling. That way you don’t have to wait for the bartender to finish making somebody’s drink, and it always seems like such a chore that you’re asking them to do.

A little further to the right is the Clown Slide.

DSCF0217_zpsgznxqjf3.jpg

Despite the slide’s creepiness, we gave it a try. Here’s Marlene coming off the slide.

DSCF0219_zpsdvtrcs32.jpg

Lauren coming off the slide, but you can’t tell it’s her.

DSCF0220_zpsbfsehngg.jpg

Yep, it was her.

DSCF0221_zpsmhsfqtvs.jpg

Our time at the pool was refreshing but didn’t last long, as a thunderstorm came through and made us retreat to the room. It was amazing to hear the huge peals of thunder and watch the storm from our room, it was a big’un.

DSCF0223_zpswbxqp9ux.jpg

We took the opportunity of being back in the room to heat up some frozen pizza for dinner.

IMG_8754_zpsgctx7qsr.jpg

Electronic devices were in full operation. This was obviously not 50’s Prime Time.

IMG_8755_zpsl6nedgkf.jpg

Here’s a shot of the Living Room as a Bedroom, with 3 kids living in it who had obviously made themselves very much at home. With an open pull-out couch and a cot wedged in as well, we weren’t going to be doing much entertaining of visitors, but it served the purpose of providing living quarters for our family. It was enough room for us and I’m glad that they permit 5 people in a 1-bedroom suite, with the use of a cot or inflatable mattress.

IMG_8756_zpsxtvxvpcf.jpg

After the storm passed and dinner was consumed, the kids and I went down to the Community Hall to check it out and to borrow some movies. We took the stairs at the far end of our hallway and when we got to the stairwell Marlene asked, “Up or down”. I said, “Down, unless you want to go up to the roof and hope for a helicopter rescue”.

The quiet pool looked very inviting.

IMG_8757_zpsnro4ski6.jpg

Community Hall is on the left side of that picture. Here’s what it looks like inside.

IMG_8758_zpsagqnsda9.jpg

Here’s another angle. Outside those windows is the patio and pool. On the patio they have ping pong (which it looks like someone is playing in that picture), a pool table, and cornhole.

IMG_8759_zpsm3m6fiyz.jpg

James and I played a little air hockey.

IMG_8760_zpsxm6oreqx.jpg

IMG_8761_zpspqn4papu.jpg

James pointing out the score, so who do you think won?

IMG_8762_zpshdyptkau.jpg

He beat me by 1 point, but in my defense, I was taking pictures while playing, which is less than optimal.

IMG_8763_zpspfc2ebeh.jpg

The girls tried out the air hockey also.

IMG_8764_zpsexjjdnja.jpg

I wanted to document the stairway that we took since it was a good way to get the quiet pool, and was a shorter way to get to the path to Hollywood Studios. The kids are ahead of me, walking to the stairway.

IMG_8765_zpsnsdoedmw.jpg

There was a skink hanging out there, that they wanted me to photograph.

IMG_8766_zpsjovqrgkl.jpg

Here’s the Secret Stairway! It’s at the far end of the resort, the end closest to Hollywood Studios.

IMG_8767_zpsblcvizxk.jpg

continued in next post

Last edited:
continued from previous post

By early evening we were fed, somewhat refreshed, and ready to head back to a cooler and hopefully less-crowded Magic Kingdom. I had messaged DISer @PrincessCaitlin on Instagram earlier in the evening, trying to arrange a meet. She and her mother have written several trip reports that I’ve followed, and she was now in the college program, working at the Confectionery on Main Street. We got to the Magic Kingdom a little before 8 o’clock and soon found Caitlin.

IMG_8769_zpsqjfeqyzf.jpg

She was surprised at how big my kids were, especially James. That’s the thing about trip reports -- the pictures stay the same on the DIS, but the kids just keep on growing. And with how long it takes me to document a trip, that doesn’t help. (For example, the pictures in this chapter are already a year old.) Anyway, we chatted for a little bit and she was just as sweet as the confections surrounding her. We learned that she’d have to work until 3am that night even though the park closed at 1, due to stragglers in the park. I didn’t realize that cast members in the shops had to put in those kinds of hours. We didn’t talk real long since she was working, but it was great to meet her. Thanks for taking a little time with us Caitlin!

From there we went to Space Mountain and got to use our fastpasses that were still in effect since the ride was down during our fastpass time that afternoon. It’s always such a great ride; however Judy opted to sit this one out.

Lauren got to ride with this guy.

MK_SPACEMOUNTAINB_7364038425_zps9lpzdt5y.jpeg

While Marlene and James got to ride with this guy.

MK_SPACEMOUNTAINB_7399978335_zps0e4z1cge.jpeg

The ol’ “Darth Vader force-choke” gag. I was happy that James was willing to participate in some ride-photo-fun.

Outside of Space Mountain the Incredibles Dance Party was going on. It looked like everyone was having a blast. Mr. and Mrs. Incredible and Frozone were dancing up a storm.

IMG_0113_zpspyp8m6wf.jpg

IMG_0114_zpsj95t2dsf.jpg

IMG_0115_zpsnvyzmyce.jpg

IMG_0116_zpspiqsrks0.jpg

IMG_0117_zpsg624u9pf.jpg

We watched for a little while since it was almost as much fun to watch as Star Wars Hyperspace Hoopla. I don’t know what it is, but there’s something incredibly (no pun intended) entertaining in watching costumed characters dance.

Then we met back up with Judy and decided to go to Adventureland since we hadn’t been there all day. We went on the Jungle Cruise, which is a ride that I hadn’t been on in I don’t know how long. We hadn’t ridden it during the last couple of Disney trips, for sure. The sign said that it was a 40 minute wait, but it probably only took about 20 minutes before we were boarding. Our skipper was pretty good. One joke that cracked me up was when she said, “Over here are some butterflies...for your convenience”. It may not sound like much of a joke, but that one’s right up my alley. I may start adding “for your convenience” at the end of all my sentences. She also called the backside of water “O2H” but I’m sure that’s an old one. It had been so long since I’d been on this ride that I didn’t even remember the temple cave that we rode through. The ride was pretty good at night though. We thought that it helped the animatronics to look a little more realistic. But it was too dark to get any pictures.

From there, we moved on to another thing I’ve wanted to try for a long time: riding Thunder Mountain Railroad at night. We didn’t have a fastpass for this ride this time around, but that was okay because that gave us a chance to try out all of the fun things they’ve added to this queue. We loved the new interactive queue! My favorite was blowing stuff up, naturally. At one spot, you could press down on old-timey dynamite plungers which would result in simulated explosions out in the rocks of the railroad. There were a couple of other stations that were really cool also. I actually could’ve played there longer! As for riding Big Thunder at night, it lived up to the hype that you all have been giving it. We thought it was great, and it seemed louder, maybe because we were relying more on our sense of hearing since it was dark. I could go for a ride on this right now.

IMG_0118_zpsgiz0kaau.jpg

Finally, we went and found a spot on Main Street to watch the fireworks.

Another attempt at a Tink photo. This is one of those things that you have to see in person!

IMG_8772_zpsdarddtck.jpg

I tried to get a decent firework photo with my phone to post on Instagram.

IMG_0119_zpsdyoueode.jpg

I took several with my regular camera, but this is the best one.

IMG_8792_zpsoubprqnj.jpg

Main Street upon departure.

IMG_8797_zpszvr5mflb.jpg

It was pretty crowded at the bus stop and we had to wait for a second bus to arrive for BWV before we could get a ride back to our resort. As we came through the lobby I thought I’d get pictures of the two second-creepiest things (after the Creepy Clown Waterslide) at the Boardwalk: Paul and Todd, the nanny chairs.

IMG_8798_zps0npcrh7s.jpg

IMG_8799_zpsn35ywhxn.jpg

It had been a good first full-day at Disney! On the agenda for tomorrow was Animal Kingdom...for your convenience.

Up next: Animal Kingdom morning
But first...Life Update: Wedding!

Last edited:
Okay, whomever thought a creepy clown pool would be a good idea for a Disney resort was wrong. It's so creepy. I"m glad the slide was fun, but ew. And yes, those chairs are also equally as creepy. Otherwise, I love BWV. It's such a cool looking resort. That and Poly are my dream resorts. Someday!

Your fireworks pics are great! I can never get them to turn out right.

So fun you met Caitlin! Her reports are great.

I didn't know BTMRR had a new interactive queue! I guess we always FP+ it so haven't seen it. We were there last August and I don't remember seeing it.

The corny jokes on Jungle Cruise are the best.

Looking forward to your AK day!

Love relaxing at the resort during the hot and sweaty visits. It's a nice break. Clowns have really scared me until I see pictures of those chairs (shudder).

I'm not a big fan of Space Mountain anymore I would have been with Judy. It shakes and rattles me too much. I do want to catch the dance party if they have it next year. We'll have some little ones that would love it. I'm a big fan of riding BTM @ night. There's just something different and better. We hit Jungle Cruise at night last year too. I don't know if it was better but it was different. Did you see the scary tiger eyes that scared Danielle when she was 3? Kept off that ride for a trip or two.

Beautiful fireworks pictures. I think Wishes is my favorite night time show. I'm looking forward to seeing the Star Wars fireworks next year. It's great you found Caitlin. I din't realize either they had to work so late. I sure hope she didn't have an early shift the next day.

Looking forward to more.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter