Big announcement for New Years Eve??

Discussion in 'Disney Rumors and News' started by mommymoose, Dec 26, 2012.

1. mbrou24

mbrou24 Theme Park Veteran

What is the year of the ear

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Cogswel_Cogs

Cogswel_Cogs DIS Veteran

I am sorry but

"Limited Time Magic"

Is that really the new saying

4. jemh628

jemh628 Mouseketeer

They are releasing special"couture" Mickey ears each month. There is a picture on the Facebook page and the blog.

5. Swissdog2010

Swissdog2010 DIS Veteran

Actually I have it from a very good source that they will announce the opening, (already built under strictest secrecy), the Mayan Calendar Space Port. It was orginally intended to welcome the Ancient Aliens that helped build all the indiginous cultures back and give CMs the opportunity to hitch a ride off planet before the end came. But since we are still here they are going to open it up as a fifth theme park. In addition, Avatar, which was a cover story, will be incorporated into the new park, using actual Aliens as CMs.

6. BiancaBernard&Penny

BiancaBernard&Penny Returning to "Earning My Ears" after all these yea

Thanks, I finally got to it. I was wondering what I'm missing- a FB user complaining about offers that are only available to "resort guests". Doesn't look like you need to stay on-site for ears? There are some cute ones!!
    I was hoping to find out what the limited magic for my trip will be... I guess it's better to not spoil it though!

7. *NikkiBell*

*NikkiBell* The WDW Merchandise Walking Bible Moderator

8. kpmdjm

kpmdjm Mouseketeer

9. PoohsFan1

PoohsFan1 DIS Veteran

:rotfl:

10. StuckInKS

StuckInKS DIS Veteran

Since last year it was the open 24 hrs announcement, this year it will probably be that DL and DHS will be open until the 13th hour (1 a.m.) on September 13, 2013. I know it doesn't seem like much to us, but thats the same that was said before last year's announcement (many here were saying that "no way would they spend so much hype on something that would only excite locals and DISers since no regular person would plan a trip for that one day, so it must be something bigger")

11. diamondpixienc

diamondpixienc DIS Veteran

LOL... I just spit out my coccoa laughing at this. Kiddos still giggling at me...lol!

12. bushdianee

bushdianee <font color=green>I had a water fun day planned<br

I got an email from chase for the Disney visa card that offers 20-30% off room rates until June 14th. It will be available to the general public Jan 3rd. It is 20% off value, 25% off mods and 30% off some deluxes.

13. Robbi

Robbi DIS Veteran

Yes and then at not following through.:headache:
    Reminds me of the adult voices on CHarlie Brown cartoons, "Waa waa waa waa."

14. CandyMandy

CandyMandy DIS Veteran

Yes, I'd love to meet the "Disney marketing masters" who came up with John Carter ($200 million loss) and their EuroDisney strategy (losses there YTD are over $14 million and the operation carries $1.9 blllion in debt).

15. moose615

moose615 DIS Veteran

My guess is just like one of the earlier posters stated is about DHS Carsland , they haven't "officially" announced it so I would think if they wanted to do it Time square on New Years would be a great way to spread the word

16. doconeill

doconeill Fastpass Jedi Master DIS Lifetime Sponsor

I thought Limited Time Magic's already been announced, and it's just a series of one-off "events" taking place throughout the year - basically the Leap Year thing, but more and different. The Friday the 13th "13th hour" is one of them.

17. Horace Horsecollar

Horace Horsecollar <font color=blue>DVC members represent a unique ca

Disney does not do big, public, mass-market "event" announcements for new, previously unannounced attractions that will not be open for several years.

Fans who expect such announcements to be part of New Years Eve broadcasts, Super Bowl ads, or big New York media events are destined to be disappointed year after year.

Disney can use such events to promote recently opened attractions, current (or imminent) marketing campaigns, and attention-getting gimmicks (like the 2012 leap year hours). Much of the general public doesn't know about the New Fantasyland or Limited Time Magic, so Disney Marketing wants to reach those people.

Meanwhile, Disney fans who are dying to know what new things the Disney parks will actually offer in 2014, 2015, and 2016 need to pay attention to announcement news (not rumors) on Disney fan websites, press releases reprinted in the business press, and the occasional announcements on the Disney Parks Blog.

18. Cogswel_Cogs

Cogswel_Cogs DIS Veteran

Maybe they will do giveaway trips again.
    I bet they never came near th e traffic as when tey were doing that.That was announced on New Years' wasn't it?

19. Toy_Story2010

Toy_Story2010 Pin Trader

Just had a FB post from Disney about tonight on NYRE with Ryan secrest.. There's supposed to be an announcement on spending more disney time in the year ahead... Hmm

20. moose615

moose615 DIS Veteran

Ok obviously by the previous post my "guess" was wrong, so sue me :)

21. Horace Horsecollar

Horace Horsecollar <font color=blue>DVC members represent a unique ca

Please don't take my comments as a personal attack. Please don't take offense.

This is a discussion forum, specifically one to discuss Disney Rumors and News. There's nothing wrong with engaging in discussion. Many of us have observations, opinions, and facts gleaned from years of following Disney.