1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

Big Announcement Coming

Discussion in 'Disney Rumors and News' started by parkhopping, Jan 8, 2013.

1. Meetmeinmontauk

Meetmeinmontauk DIS Veteran

Ahh, excitement! Can't wait to see what it is :goodvibes

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. parkhopping

parkhopping DIS Veteran<br><a href="http://www.disboards.com/s

I thought it might be specific to MK since the blogger I quoted works there. Interesting. Spectromagic? Rapunzel bathrooms/whatever else is going in back there? So curious!

4. EeyoreFan1

EeyoreFan1 <font color=deeppink> You make me smile so much my

Spectro is still rumored to not be returning, and the bathrooms are a dual meet and greet area! Neither of those are the announcement though! :goodvibes

5. parkhopping

Hmmm...very interesting! Has it been confirmed that there will be a M&G there? Last I've heard the only official word is bathrooms, all else is speculation.

6. EeyoreFan1

EeyoreFan1 <font color=deeppink> You make me smile so much my

That isn't confirmed through Disney, but I have heard from some other CMs that a meet and greet is imminent. I got some pictures last week of the renovations behind the wall. It HAS to be more than just bathrooms. I posted some pictures on my blog the other day :)

7. Disneyandphilliesfan

Disneyandphilliesfan Mouseketeer

What's al this business about a meet N greet at the bathrooms?Disney opening a sex division ? Lol

8. jagfanjosh3252

jagfanjosh3252 #1 fan of the Jacksonville Jaguars

If this is even true, I don't think it's anything to do with AvatarLand. I think it's a Soarin' refurb. Maybe even a new film. Would be so awesome if they could add two screens and a new film. It can be like Star Tours. The films are random each time.

And I don't see it being a meet and greet. Rapunzel is meeting at Fair Tale Hall. Makes no sense to turn that into a sole meet and greet for her.

9. Stitch1231

Stitch1231 Earning My Ears

I have heard of 2 rumors and both regard HS one is the ever popular Carsland(Radiator Springs for HS) being added. Second is the addition more Star wars. Both rumors involve the destruction of the Backlot Tour and the lights motor action( BIG YAWN).
    Personally I wish they add more Starwars but that would be wierd and they would need to well move Star Tours, So I looks mor logical that Radiator Springs is coming.

10. tikistitch

tikistitch Mouseketeer

If this is MK specific and it's the Year of the Ear, I wonder if maybe it's along the lines of bringing the Glow with the Show technology to WDW for Wishes. But I don't think that would really count as a big announcement as much as just fun or exciting enhancements.

11. burnurcomputer

burnurcomputer DIS Veteran

I hope its the list of "Forgotten Characters". I am thinking it is Oswald related. I am thinking either the making of an Epic Mickey attraction or Oswald as a character. I still think that Mickey Junk Mountain would be a great Splash Mountain-like attraction to reintroduce Oswald and some of the other "Forgotten Characters" that are prominent in the game. My 14 year old has an amazing verbal rendition for the ride flow and structure.......future Imagineer!!!!! We have a gut feeling about htis one :thumbsup2

12. jamarmiller

jamarmiller Mouseketeer

looks like your other senses are/ is THE FORCE

13. disney_bob

disney_bob Mouseketeer

Given Disney's trend, this amazing, wonderful, innovative idea will clearly be a meet and greet.

14. parkhopping

EeyoreFan1 is a CM also and has confirmed that this announcement is in regards to MK specifically, so these ideas are out. And as far as a Rapunzel M&G goes, even though we now know that's not what the announcement will be - where has it been confirmed she will be meeting in Fairytale Hall? I haven't seen her picture in any of the concept art or on the construction wall outside. More of my take on what's going on with that space in this post.

That would be neat! I agree, though - doesn't really qualify as a big announcement to me. The more I think about this, though, the more I think it's got to be something park-wide and not a new attraction. So Glow with the Show ears would make sense.

15. angelmichelle

angelmichelle Mouseketeer

Re-theming Stitch, maaaaaybe?

16. parkhopping

Well, while we're dreaming - I'd love to see Tomorrowland get a design overhaul. (Including sending Stitch back to Hawaii.) But I really doubt that's a high priority for the suits. From a money standpoint, it's not in terrible shape. I don't feel like the theming really works, though, and would like to see it redone.

17. CanadianGuy

CanadianGuy <font color=green><br><br><font color=blue>Me and Moderator

Slightly off topic, but I did see some Oswald merch this trip .. didn't see any of that in 2010.

18. parkhopping

Yes, they have been introducing him more in the parks recently. Epic Mickey is increasing his popularity.

19. Cinderumbrella

Cinderumbrella Wench

Any insight as to WHEN this big announcement is coming?

20. parkhopping

Not specifically. The original blog post just said "in the coming weeks." EeyoreFan1, can you give us a more specific time frame to look for?

21. wdw71

wdw71 DIS Veteran

OMG! I love this idea