Biergarten Question

kopppa33

Mouseketeer
Is it possible for us to stop at a Counter Service or Quick Service and pick up our girls food before our ADR. I would hate to have to cancel it but I know they won't eat anything off the buffet :(

The buffet includes Mac and Cheese, hot dogs, nuggets, etc. Your kids won't eat that?

My 2 year old son is the pickiest eater and he ate when we were here. He devoured the mac n cheese.

Is it possible for us to stop at a Counter Service or Quick Service and pick up our girls food before our ADR. I would hate to have to cancel it but I know they won't eat anything off the buffet :(

Even if they allowed you in with outside food, you would still have to pay for the buffet.

I doubt that. As others have noted, the kids' section is very kid friendly.
My middle daughter is one of the pickiest people around! I think Biergarten is one of a small handful of places we have an ADR at that she WILL eat. Buffets are great for picky kids.

Even if they allowed you in with outside food, you would still have to pay for the buffet.

This. It is highly doubtful that any TS restaurant would allow you to bring in food from another food outlet. It is a food safety matter. And since Biergarten is a buffet, you would have to pay for every person seated in your party, whether they ate anything from the buffet or not. Having said that, I think it very unlikely that a child with even the most restricted palate would find nothing to eat at any Disney buffet.

If your kids wont eat things like mac n' cheese, nuggets, then i honestly wouldnt even bother going. You will be charged no matter what, and i doubt you'd be able to bring food inside. You can always ask thou.

The buffet includes Mac and Cheese, hot dogs, nuggets, etc. Your kids won't eat that?

This. :thumbsup2 They also had a baked chicken. This was one of our pleasant surprises. We had never been and we all found something we liked. Now it's on our must do list.

As other's have said, you would still have to pay for the buffet.

sigepmike said:

Biergarten has nuggets and hot dogs? How have I missed this all of these years? When we went last, one kid only ate Mac and cheese and pudding, and the other only bread. That was really expensive bread. :(

Biergarten has nuggets and hot dogs? How have I missed this all of these years? When we went last, one kid only ate Mac and cheese and pudding, and the other only bread. That was really expensive bread. :(

The last time we went it was way at the end by the side. I don't remember hot dogs but I do remember chicken nuggets.

I'm glad the consensus is that they do have nuggets. We're forcing the kids to go there again, figuring they'd leave hungry. ;)

I'm pretty sure they had chicken legs when we ate there in March.

I have to agree with everyone else, they won't allow you to bring outside food in, and they will charge you for everyone sitting at the table. Even if they are not eating. All buffets and family style meals at WDW will be the same way.

OP--I see you have many posts, all asking about the kid's food served at different restaurants. All WDW restaurants have their menus on-line. There is a link at the top of the Disboards that will take you to them. Check them out and see what you think.

I honestly have never seen hotdogs there either. Nuggets and mac n' cheese, yes. But hot dogs, no. :confused3

You go to the main "hot food" area and get some:
Wurst Platte mit Gegrillter Bratwurst, Mini Regensburger und Kassler Ripchen
(Sausage Platter with Grilled Bratwurst, Mini Regensburger and Double-smoked Pork on Sauerkraut)

Put some mustard on it and tell your little one that it is a hot dog, and, viola! Its a hot dog! ;)

Why not just call Disney Dining and ask what they have for the kids or see if you can get a phone number Biergarten?

I honestly have never seen hotdogs there either. Nuggets and mac n' cheese, yes. But hot dogs, no. :confused3

the knackwurst or one of the other sausages that resemble hot dogs...I think the food is pretty close to what I had in Germany...the bratwurst was excellent and we love the salad bar!

You will not be permitted to bring outside food to a buffet; in addition, at a buffet everyone present is charged for the meal.

From what I have heard here, Biergarten does not have chicken nuggets available. They used to have a chicken schnitzel, which is basically a larger and flatter chicken nugget, but I understand some kids won't eat such things if they don't look like the sort of nugget they are used to. On a recent visit, the schnitzel was pork, not chicken. They do have mac & cheese.

Last time we were there my kids ate some of the wursts, bread and dessert. They were totally happy with that.

My DD (6) has always been a horribly picky eater. At age 3, I saw her eat more at Biergarten than I saw her eat anywhere else at WDW. I wouldn't count it out for picky eaters.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter