Biergarten Question

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by kopppa33, Oct 31, 2012.

1. kopppa33

kopppa33 Mouseketeer

Is it possible for us to stop at a Counter Service or Quick Service and pick up our girls food before our ADR. I would hate to have to cancel it but I know they won't eat anything off the buffet :(

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. sigepmike

sigepmike Mouseketeer

The buffet includes Mac and Cheese, hot dogs, nuggets, etc. Your kids won't eat that?

4. BrookeMQ

BrookeMQ Mouseketeer

My 2 year old son is the pickiest eater and he ate when we were here. He devoured the mac n cheese.

5. LilyWDW

LilyWDW Going to My Happy Place

Even if they allowed you in with outside food, you would still have to pay for the buffet.

6. JimmyV

JimmyV Por favor manténganse alejado de las puertas.

I doubt that. As others have noted, the kids' section is very kid friendly.

7. awfullybigadventure

awfullybigadventure Mouseketeer

My middle daughter is one of the pickiest people around! I think Biergarten is one of a small handful of places we have an ADR at that she WILL eat. Buffets are great for picky kids.

8. minnie mum

minnie mum Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

This. It is highly doubtful that any TS restaurant would allow you to bring in food from another food outlet. It is a food safety matter. And since Biergarten is a buffet, you would have to pay for every person seated in your party, whether they ate anything from the buffet or not. Having said that, I think it very unlikely that a child with even the most restricted palate would find nothing to eat at any Disney buffet.

9. goofyintoronto

goofyintoronto I really wanted to like it, but I didnt.

If your kids wont eat things like mac n' cheese, nuggets, then i honestly wouldnt even bother going. You will be charged no matter what, and i doubt you'd be able to bring food inside. You can always ask thou.

10. ccgirl

ccgirl DIS Veteran

This. :thumbsup2 They also had a baked chicken. This was one of our pleasant surprises. We had never been and we all found something we liked. Now it's on our must do list.

As other's have said, you would still have to pay for the buffet.

11. Momto2PrncChrmgs

Momto2PrncChrmgs DIS Veteran

Biergarten has nuggets and hot dogs? How have I missed this all of these years? When we went last, one kid only ate Mac and cheese and pudding, and the other only bread. That was really expensive bread. :(

12. ccgirl

ccgirl DIS Veteran

The last time we went it was way at the end by the side. I don't remember hot dogs but I do remember chicken nuggets.

13. goofyintoronto

goofyintoronto I really wanted to like it, but I didnt.

I honestly have never seen hotdogs there either. Nuggets and mac n' cheese, yes. But hot dogs, no. :confused3

14. Momto2PrncChrmgs

Momto2PrncChrmgs DIS Veteran

I'm glad the consensus is that they do have nuggets. We're forcing the kids to go there again, figuring they'd leave hungry. ;)

15. maxiesmom

maxiesmom The Mean Squinty Eye Works

I'm pretty sure they had chicken legs when we ate there in March.

I have to agree with everyone else, they won't allow you to bring outside food in, and they will charge you for everyone sitting at the table. Even if they are not eating. All buffets and family style meals at WDW will be the same way.

OP--I see you have many posts, all asking about the kid's food served at different restaurants. All WDW restaurants have their menus on-line. There is a link at the top of the Disboards that will take you to them. Check them out and see what you think.

16. JimmyV

JimmyV Por favor manténganse alejado de las puertas.

You go to the main "hot food" area and get some:
    Wurst Platte mit Gegrillter Bratwurst, Mini Regensburger und Kassler Ripchen
    (Sausage Platter with Grilled Bratwurst, Mini Regensburger and Double-smoked Pork on Sauerkraut)

Put some mustard on it and tell your little one that it is a hot dog, and, viola! Its a hot dog! ;)

17. donaldduck1967

donaldduck1967 DIS Veteran

Why not just call Disney Dining and ask what they have for the kids or see if you can get a phone number Biergarten?

18. mickeysbestfriend

mickeysbestfriend DIS Veteran

the knackwurst or one of the other sausages that resemble hot dogs...I think the food is pretty close to what I had in Germany...the bratwurst was excellent and we love the salad bar!

19. TDC Nala

TDC Nala <font color=red>1937, what a year that was<br><fon Moderator

You will not be permitted to bring outside food to a buffet; in addition, at a buffet everyone present is charged for the meal.

From what I have heard here, Biergarten does not have chicken nuggets available. They used to have a chicken schnitzel, which is basically a larger and flatter chicken nugget, but I understand some kids won't eat such things if they don't look like the sort of nugget they are used to. On a recent visit, the schnitzel was pork, not chicken. They do have mac & cheese.

20. vicki_c

vicki_c DIS Veteran

Last time we were there my kids ate some of the wursts, bread and dessert. They were totally happy with that.

21. ktlm

ktlm DIS Veteran

My DD (6) has always been a horribly picky eater. At age 3, I saw her eat more at Biergarten than I saw her eat anywhere else at WDW. I wouldn't count it out for picky eaters.