Biergarten..not sure if I like German food?

I don't even know what shnitzel or spatzel is (I'm Italian haha)....just hoping for the best I guess haha. And I will have to ask the chef when he goes through the allergy list with us.

I am not the biggest fan of german food either...also I am a pescatarian, so I really thought my options would be limited, but boy was I wrong! This was the fullest I felt all trip after leaving Biergarten. I stuffed my face with pretzel bread, salad, fish, soup, spatzel, mac & cheese (from the kids section!), potatoes, and a ton of dessert, especially the cheesecake which was so light, fluffy, and delicious! You won't leave hungry, even if you think you don't like German food. I promise!

I don't even know what shnitzel or spatzel is (I'm Italian haha)....just hoping for the best I guess haha. And I will have to ask the chef when he goes through the allergy list with us.

Schnitzel looks a lot like chicken-fried steak...it's just a breaded, fried pork cutlet. Spaetzle is German pasta...just plain noodles, usually boiled, but sometimes fried in butter, or with cheese. There is lots of German food that is very "normal" and accessible for a picky or less-adventurous eater...tons of salads, roasts, potatoes, plain desserts like cheesecake and apple strudel (flat apple pie). If there's items you don't recognize on the menus online, just google the name of the food and you'll find lots of pics and recipes that will reassure you. The only thing I would recommend avoiding is Sauerbraten...it looks like roast, but it's pickled and can be a surprise if you're expecting plain roast beef.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter