~ Bidding on A Room Close To Disneyland ~

tinkcollector

DIS Veteran
I thought I would post a recent bid (this past weekend) through Priceline. I picked 3 ½ stars and the Anaheim/Orange/Garden Grove area. I got the Crowne Plaza in Garden Grove on Harbor Blvd. The bid was $62.00.
I am a Crowne Plaza rewards member. The rewards for perks and resort fees count on your rewards, just not the actual room cost due to it being obtained through Priceline.
Upon check-in because of the membership the perks I received are, I was up-graded to an executive suite (terry robe and chocolates on the pillow), offered two bottles of water, two drink tickets (good for a Crowne Margarita, cold soda, domestic beer, or a glass of house wine), and the resort fee included shuttle service back and forth for the parks. Daily newspapers are available in the lobby for guests.
This is a nice hotel. Wi-Fi in rooms, coffee maker and frig. Parking is a walk back to the hotel unless you get lucky and get a close spot.
I have had really good luck with bidding for a room in the Disneyland area. But, be fore-warned when you bid for a room it only guarantee’s a room for two. You might get a room with only one king. If that is not an issue I would recommend bidding on Priceline. :tink:

We've had excellent results with Priceline in that area. I think we stayed in that same hotel for $65. It was nice. On the bed thing, we just call the hotel about 24 hrs after booking and request 2 doubles- never had an issue.

We stayed there twice in 2009 via priceline, it's nice but I prefer to be within walking distance. Both times after my winning bid I'd call the hotel directly and kindly request a 2 bed room, we got 2 Qs both times.

Priceline rocks! The first time I tried it, we got the Grand Hyatt for $55/night in December! Last time, we got the new Holiday Inn Resort for $50/night- not as great as The Hyatt, but still a great deal for $50 a night. I will always use Priceline unless I win the lottery any time soon.

I got you all beat. Four years ago, Extended Stay America Convention Center (so 15-minute walk from MainGate). $25/night. Our car rental out of LGB was more expensive than the hotel!!

I got you all beat. Four years ago, Extended Stay America Convention Center (so 15-minute walk from MainGate). $25/night. Our car rental out of LGB was more expensive than the hotel!!

A number of years ago, I bid on a hotel for my parents and got the Hyatt. When I told my mom it was $105, she was concerned that it was more than she wanted to spend per night. I corrected her that $105 was the full price for all 3 nights! She was very happy! -- Suzanne

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter