Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique!

AshleyJena

Earning My Ears
Hey everyone! I was accepted for fall advantage 2010 for Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique hostess and I was wondering if any of the alumni here have done it before or knew someone in it and could give me some tips and info? I'm so excited because it was my first choice, but i'd love to hear about other experiences! :goodvibes
Also - has anyone else on here been accepted for it for fall or fall advantage? i've only heard of one other person so far and she is for fall.

I did BBB in MK spring 2009 :)

It was such an amazing job. You have to have loads of patience and u will not always have the most pleasant families, but the other 99% of great people make up for the stress lol.. you'll have pixie dust permanently in your clothes, car, hair, pores, cell phone, carpet....basically ppl know exactly where u have been. drove my roommates nuts haha pixiedust:princess:. the hours are awesome and it's pretty much an "entertainment" role as well b/c u have to stay in character as a fairy godmother in training.

If you have any questions just let me know!

this is all such great info!! thank you so much! i'm so excited! what kind of hours did you work? i requested MK but obviously it's not guaranteed.
is the training very difficult? i'm nervous because my experience isn't that extensive, my mother is a hairdresser so i basically grew up in a salon, but i'm not realllllly experienced, ya know?
how many CPs are there usually in BBB?

Hey Ashley, I believe pinktink88 recently was accepted for FA BBB- she posted in the Official Fall 2010 thread. I hope we hear from even more people!

this is all such great info!! thank you so much! i'm so excited! what kind of hours did you work? i requested MK but obviously it's not guaranteed.
is the training very difficult? i'm nervous because my experience isn't that extensive, my mother is a hairdresser so i basically grew up in a salon, but i'm not realllllly experienced, ya know?
how many CPs are there usually in BBB?

My mom is a hairdresser too! haha....yeah I told them i had experience because of that and I did all the hair/makeup/costumes for my high school plays too. But some of the girls I worked with really didn't have any experience. They just work with kids a lot and I've been a camp counselor for 5 years so I think that helped. A few were cosmetologists.

As far as MK, the BBB was only open from 8-7, so the VEEERRY longest you would be there is like 7:30am-8pm...most of my shifts were 2-8, but I did have some morning shifts from 7:30/8-2pm..at least 1-3 times a week I had 12 hour shifts. they are exhausting, but just about everybody in the program has to do that. Make sure u get very very very comfortable shoes (they have to be plain black mary jane's with one strap going across the top).

When i was there we were allowed to take tips, but that mighta changed since then. (there was some drama goin on about that when i left)..if u wanna know more about that just PM me. Usually at least once a week you will work podium, which is getting people checked in, helping them pick out outfits, taking them to changing room, etc. I liked this job b/c half the time u were speaking to adults and you were next to the door (the only proof that there's an outside world haha..there are no other windows or doors and that kinda sucked). Sometimes u need a break from hair, but definitely dont assume this is a break. sometimes this can be the most stressful part of the job. most ppl are friendly, but i had pleeeenty of parents yell/cuss/demand my manager b/c apparently it was my fault they booked dinner reservations 20 mins after their BBB apt lol. and 99% of the time u will get backed up and there will be a wait (this is inexcusable to many parents haha) But u deal with it and later it's an amusing story to tell.

managers are nice, full timers are nice (as long as u dont act stupid and dont show up late/miss work, etc...just show up. it's amazing how many ppl get fired b/c they dont feel like going) Sometimes u can ER (early release) between 7-745 depending how busy u are and catch the fire works. it was amazing to be able to do that :) but make sure u catch the bus b4 fireworks start shooting off if ur in a hurry to get home bc the bus driver usually wont budge (ur right near where they shoot off and flaming debris falls around u. true story) finally, when the last customer leaves u have to restock and take out trash and then ur done :) they usually hire 10-15, but we had well over 20 girls when i did it. they accidentally hired too many

haha i wrote a storybook here but i hope that helps u out some

oh that's so exciting pinktink88! when do you arrive? i'm arriving june 7, and i'm really interested in talking to other BBB!! how did you like it when you did it before? =)

I work in WoD so I see the fairy god-mothers all the time. They have one of the best costumes in Disney and I'm sure you'll enjoy working at the BBB, whether at WoD or MK. :)

BBB is one of my top 3 choices! I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE kids and, while I have no salon training, I was the chairwoman of hair and makeup in the drama department of my high school. Do you guys think that will help me?

i arrive june 7 also but i'm not definite on BBB yet, I'm waiting to hear on a PI and also doing character auditions this week.. BBB's just my backup

also I don't really have any hair experience just kids, they teach you everything it's only set styles, you just need to be really good being an on stage character and interacting with the kids to put on the show.

BBB is one of my top 3 choices! I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE kids and, while I have no salon training, I was the chairwoman of hair and makeup in the drama department of my high school. Do you guys think that will help me?

That should be a plus! I don't have any formal salon experience either, but I've done eight years of theatrical makeup design. Sending pixie dust your way!:wizard:

That should be a plus! I don't have any formal salon experience either, but I've done eight years of theatrical makeup design. Sending pixie dust your way!:wizard:

aw thanks! it's comforting to know that i'm not the only one who doesn't have salon experience! i'm hoping that 12 years of theatrical hair and makeup experience helps though!!! :goodvibes

I interviewed last thursday and wake up to an acceptance e-mail this morning! I got BBB, my first choice! :rotfl:

I'm in Fall 2010. I arrive 8/23!

congrats to everyone who's gotten it! you're gonna love it so much :) :cool1::banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter