Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique

I guess you will be like us and just have to go for another trip later ;) It's a shame, I know, but someone has to take one for the team :thumbsup2

I thought about doing it for just me, but when she's old enough I want it to be a mother/daughter thing. I just hope BBB is open in 3 years! And that's just another excuse on why I HAVE to go to Disney in 3 years!

I think you should do it! My DD did it last year when she was 6 1/2 and it was the highlight of her trip. She just got the hair and nails, I did not buy her a dress. I told her that she would be itchy and uncomfortable running around in a Princess costume all day. But she is older and not really that into Princesses anymore so she did not care. If I had a younger child that was Princess crazy, I would definitely bring my own dress and let her wear it!

we are doing it in May I have bought her a dress on sale $20 bucks:thumbsup2 and we are doing the middle package I say do it they are in the princess stage for such a short time enjoy it while it last:goodvibes

BBB is definitely worth it-my DD did it last june at almost 12 years old and LOVED it. me....not so much. DD had her hair cut off short in february last year, so when she had her BBB makeover, there was a layer underneath in the back that wasn't long enough for the high ponytail used for the "bun". that layer was left hanging down in the back, and, in my opinion, it looked really goofy (no pun intended). DD didn't mind though, and that's what matters.

I have made a ressie for my daughter who is 10.:thumbsup2
She is so excited ! She is going to pay half for the hair, make-up, and nails.
She is not into princesses anymore, so I thought we would buy her a
pretty and comfortable dress to wear that day.:)
What are the options for the hair ?
And, I heard you get a ribbon or something you can wear ?:confused3
I'm just trying to figure out what kind of dress to get her ?
Would the makeover go with a Hannah Montana outfit, maybe? :confused3
And, we have an 8:40 appt. will she really be out in 30 minutes ?

Ilana and the boys have reservations at WDW BBB and then we'll have lunch at the castle! Ilana is already talking about it. My mom just got her a clearance dress today from the Disney Store for $20 so I'm hoping she likes it and it's comfortable. We'll get her some special sandals to wear w/ it. We're just doing the basic package since she's only 3, but I know she'll love it. She's the ultimate girly girl. Olivia might have hair by then, but I'm starting to wonder, lol.

One of my DD loved BBB. The first time she had a great FGIT, she got one that was better with curly hair. DD loved ever momment of it. We brought a cinderella dress from home but I had her change at BBB which made it even more magical. She got the bun.
The next time DD changed into her Belle dress and got the hairstyle with the fake hair. It took forever for the FGIT to tease the hair, you could tell that DD was ready to be done. My other DD wanted nothing to do with BBB. We had an appointment for her the 2nd trip, and she said no way didn't even want the glitter in her hair.

If you don't do the top package you can still go to and get a photo shoot.

I have made a ressie for my daughter who is 10.:thumbsup2
She is so excited ! She is going to pay half for the hair, make-up, and nails.
She is not into princesses anymore, so I thought we would buy her a
pretty and comfortable dress to wear that day.:)
What are the options for the hair ?
And, I heard you get a ribbon or something you can wear ?:confused3
I'm just trying to figure out what kind of dress to get her ?
Would the makeover go with a Hannah Montana outfit, maybe? :confused3
And, we have an 8:40 appt. will she really be out in 30 minutes ?

the FGIT work pretty fast, so 30 minutes is definitely doable. my daughter was given a pink sash with purple writing on it that said bibbidi bobbidi boutique and had an outline of cinderella's face in purple writing. she wore it all day. her hair was put up on a very high bun, with a small crown in the front. she just wore her regular clothes. i figured at age 12, the princess dress and shoes would be a little much, lol. one word of warning: the hairdos are heavily gelled and sprayed-DD's bun was hard as a rock-we knocked on it and it didn't move at all. it took 2-3 shampoos to get it all out.

We will do it again in March. True, the hair is probably hurricane proof (a good think in Florida :rotfl2:), but the nails will pop off quickly. Because of this I almost did just the hair and makeup, but DD really wanted those nails, so I caved. I thought my DH was going to cry when he saw her. He said "she looks like a princess".....

BBB was my four year old's favorite disney experience when we went last March.

What she loved wasn't so much the actual experience of getting her hair or makeup done. It was the experience of being a real princess in Disney World, and feeling like that magic was even more magical.

I can't stress enough how much all the CM's fuss over the little princesses walking around...they really complete the experience...even ol' mouse ears himself made a big deal out of the 'royalty'. It was definitely worth the money...here is my favorite picture from that day...

2009_0326october20080130.jpg

Also, we saved money by buying our costume at the disney store before we left...got it on clearance. It was actually much nicer than the ones they had at BBB...felt like better material!

2009_0326october20080124.jpg

If your daughter has fine hair, you will probably have a different experience than we had. If you have thick or curly hair, you might want to reconsider!

I just want to say the DD has very fine hair and she still found this to be a very uncomfortable process. She had the full package twice, the first time she cried while they did her hair. She insisted that on the next trip she was a bigger kid and wouldn't cry. But the second time she wouldn't let them touch her hair. The FG tried to insist since it was included in the price and they couldn't take it out of the pkg price but when I say how distressed DD was I said to forget the hair. They ended up giving us extra hair accessories.

The next time we went to WDW DD wanted to do BBB again and I said she would have to settle for getting a new costume.

Other than the hair she loved the nails, makeup, costume and "royal" attention.

We are taking my almost 4 year old in a few weeks to the BBB... she has a chin length, bob style cut (she always wears it clipped to the side with a bow)... what will they with that?!?!?!

Thanks to YouTube, threads like these and my 4yr old's big brown eyes I finally booked her very first BBB experience this morning for our April visit. I also booked an appointment for our 11yr old who while likes the Princesses has out grown them a bit and has decided to to the Pirate League Experience.

For my daughter's BBB experience I plan to make her a Princess Jasmine tutu and she'll wear a Jasmine T-shirt to complete the look. I know she'll only wear the costume for short periods throughout the day as opposed to all day long and I don't want to spend tons of money for a costume she's gonna want to take off.

Last year I made her an adorable Tinker Bell tutu to me Tink and the other Pixie Hallow Fairies in and it worked perfectly. So much easier to take off a tutu that ties with a bow up front then dealing with a full on dress.

They are both beyond excited and this is something I know they'll remember for a long time to come.

T.

What we did at the beginning of January when we were there, was take my DD6 to the Barber shop on Main Street. She got a desperately needed haircut and she begged to have a bun. They try not to compete with BBB, but the lady explained that customer satisfaction is #1. :lmao: The lady made a bun, put glitter in her hair and it was all $15. Tip is separate and cannot be put on a credit card, so bring cash! We packed our own princess gown from Wal-Mart. She never knew the difference. So, $20 later, she had her hair-do, we had a lot more $ still in our wallets and everyone was happy! BUT!!! The barbershop does not take appointments! First come, first served. So I immediately took my 2 big ones to the barber shop while DH ran to Peter Pan for fast passes. By the time he got back, they were almost done and we took a leisurely stroll to Fantasy land for our ride :thumbsup2

I seriously considered booking an appointment for my dd3. I lurked on the BBB thread for weeks, and watched the video clip on the WDW site several times. I finally decided to skip the BBB and do the princess thing on our own. :)
I bought my DD an absolutely adorable dress from littledressupshop.com. It is comfy, and too cute. I even got a white velvet hooded cape to go with it. It was also a VERY good price. I am going to do her hair and make up in the room before our princess dinner in Norway. By doing it myself, I can control how "done" she is. Some of the girls in the pics and video are more made-up than I would like for my DD. I think this will be very special for her, it is not something that ever happens at home, and she honestly doesn't know what she is missing out on.

We did the big package 1x when DD was (almost 3) hair and makeup and bought a costume when she was 3 1/2 and last year I did her hair bought the same hair extension they use at BBB and she wore last years costume.

You can get the photo session free and have the pic added to your Photo pass CD so you are only paying for the hair/make up and you can choose what parts of the costume to buy or bring your own.

Here are pics from our experiences

100_2306-2.jpg
100_2351.jpg
image062-1.jpg

We just got back and did the BBB thing, I am gald we did it but cannot imagine doing it again. I think I can accomplish the same effect which is what we were going for, she could of cared less about the experience, just the result.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter