Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique Anyone?

Paparazzimama

DIS Veteran
Hi! Myself, DH, DD7 and DS5 will be at WDW 11/17-11/23 and DD has a makeover reservation 11/21 (her birthday) at the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique. She is wanting to get a costume with her makeover (which we are getting her for her birthday), but the jump from the $49.95 option (w/out costume) to $180 (w/costume) seemed a little steep??? Would I do better to just do the $49.95 option and just purchase a costume in the World of Disney shop before we go for the makeover???? Any suggestions? Thanks!! (I'm an avid picture taker - thus the username paparazzimama - so I'm not really interested in having her picture made, which is included in that $180 package)

Hi! Myself, DH, DD7 and DS5 will be at WDW 11/17-11/23 and DD has a makeover reservation 11/21 (her birthday) at the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique. She is wanting to get a costume with her makeover (which we are getting her for her birthday), but the jump from the $49.95 option (w/out costume) to $180 (w/costume) seemed a little steep??? Would I do better to just do the $49.95 option and just purchase a costume in the World of Disney shop before we go for the makeover???? Any suggestions? Thanks!! (I'm an avid picture taker - thus the username paparazzimama - so I'm not really interested in having her picture made, which is included in that $180 package)

I always do the makeup and hair package for my little ones. I personally could not justify that much money on a play costume that will end up in their dress up trunk when we get home. I do bring a costume with me to WDW for when they do to BBB. I will buy it after Halloween either from Ebay or a website that has some good sales. The girls will usually wear the costume to BBB and we will go straight for dinner after they are transformed in to princesses! My girls have a blast and we are once again doing BBB this trip!
Your daughter will have a blast! :love:

Yes, I'm seriously considering taking advantage of the after Halloween costume sales that will be going on before we leave for WDW. Thanks so much for your input - my daughter is really looking forward to the BBB and I just wanted to be sure that I wouldn't be cheating her experience by bringing our own costume. Thanks again - and your "2 Cinderellas" are precious!

We went this past Sept, and our dd's had their hair, make-up, and nails done. We brought their costumes, because that evening we were taking them to the MNSSHP. Our ds had his hair done, they spiked it up, sprinkled glitter from here to kingdom come, and they put a cute Green Mickey head on the back of his head. It was too cute.

Yes, I'm seriously considering taking advantage of the after Halloween costume sales that will be going on before we leave for WDW. Thanks so much for your input - my daughter is really looking forward to the BBB and I just wanted to be sure that I wouldn't be cheating her experience by bringing our own costume. Thanks again - and your "2 Cinderellas" are precious!

Thank you!

You will not be taking any magic away from the package if you bring a dress with you. The magic of just having some one do her hair and put make up on your DD will be such a thrill! Every little girl that goes in there is made to feel like a princess no matter what package the parents purchase!
Have a blast and make sure to post pictures when you get back of your DD! :)

I took DD's dress in April (from the Disney Store) and I plan to do the same thing when we go back in January. Girls already in dresses they brought from home seemed to be very common at BBB. The experience is magical enough - she won't care where the dress is from!

We took my dd in Dec 06. We had originally signed her up for the hair, nails and make up package. My mom and dad upgraded it there for her to the full package, with costume. The experience was unbelievable, and is and always will be my favorite Disney memory.

I think that they will still get the enjoyment out of the experience either way. The fairy God Mothers in training do a fantastic job of making each little girl feel very special. (Although I think I am in for the full package this upcomming trip...lol) She has gotten a lot of use from the costume, and takes very good care of it. She keeps the gown hung up in her closet, and makes sure all the pieces (crowns, wand, shoes, shash, and the cape) are all safe and sound. She will also be wearing it this Halloween.

Hope that helps a bit!
Tiff

I just received my order from Disneyshopping.com, with a "Cinderella Bridal" dress and coordinating shoes. I'm going to pack it and suprise my dd6 when we get down there, we'll get res @ BBB for just the hair and makeup. This dress is positively exquisite, and it was on a halloween sale for $29.99. With shoes, tax, and shipping I spent just over $40 for what costs $130 at the park (difference between full package and next one down).

I was going to get the cheaper one (19.99) but it has a hoop and I didn't think I'd be able to pack it. Although, seeing the tulle skirt on this one I'm going to have to vacuum bag this to fit it! LOL :princess:

You know, surprising her with a costume is a great idea! She would probably like that better anyway! Thanks!

We were going to suprise my youngest with an outfit before we went, but we decided to let her chose it at the Disney store instead. Good thing we did we were sure she would go with Snow White but she picked the Areil :confused3 and has been crazy about her ever since. We went with the hair and nails package and were very happy with that:cloud9:

I took my 6 year old to the boutique on October 12, 2007. I bought her a Jasmine costume at the Disney Store before we left home. We did the crown package (makeup, hair, nails, sash). She was able to change into her costume at the boutique, just like the girls who purchased their costumes there, so to her there was no difference. She had a great time! Be sure to take your child for a photo session at the exposition hall on Main St after her makeover. Anyone who does one of the hairstyle packages can do this. You can then add the photos to your photopass, you do not have to buy an extra photo package.

Thank you SOOOOO MUCH for the tip about exposition hall!!!!! I was really wanting to have her picture taken while she is all "made over" but wasn't wanting to spend the $189.00 for the big package at BBB. I am so grateful for this information!

I just made a ressie for 2 girls 11 and 9 for January. I was not going to get them a dress but I feel like i have to. I am hoping it will be P&PP so that it makes it ok. I will get the dress from here. I will ask them first if they want it. They r older so maybe not, just the hair and makeup may be enough.
If they do it will be off to the Disney store. if not then that is fine also.

Disney.com is having a BIG SALE on all costumes... You should look into getting her a princess outfit now for then... Thats a steep jump in price...

I took my daughter in Sept. and she wore a Cinderella costume from home. We are going again in Dec and this time I booked the Coach package for myself and my DD! She will be wearing an Aurora costume from home.
We are so excited!:banana:

Also, FYI, the dresses down there are quite pricey. We spent $70 on my older one's Ariel Wedding dress and $85 for the little ones Belle dress. If you are going to buy the dress down there, I just wanted you to be prepared. I thought dh would need a paper bag when he saw the total!! Next trip I will be bringing dresses with me. They just want to be a princess, cost of the dress doesn't matter. Have fun!!

Thank you SOOOOO MUCH for the tip about exposition hall!!!!! I was really wanting to have her picture taken while she is all "made over" but wasn't wanting to spend the $189.00 for the big package at BBB. I am so grateful for this information!

I found out about it when we were sitting in front of the exposition hall for the parade. I decided to go inside and look around and asked about having my dd's photo taken the next day. The photographer told me that anyone who has a hairstyle done can take pictures. When I had them taken the next day, the photographer said to just add them to my photopass account instead of buying a special photo package just for those photos. I have ordered the photopass cd so I can just take it to cvs or somewhere and have my own copies made.

Our daughter is having her hair, makeup and nails done! I am so glad to hear about EH! i will be taking her there to have her pictures made!

We did the pkg with the costume in January and are doing it again this trip. This time we are having the makeover in the Castle instead of Downtown Disney. My daughter LOVED getting to pick out the costume and the magic they made with it. The photo shoot was fun and we got AWESOME pics!!! This time we are going the night of the Christmas party and she has already decided on the Belle Christmas costume .. CAN"T wait!!!!!

We went in Sept, dd turned 11 - I wasnt going to pack her costume, but at the last minute, how much room can it take? AND she was thrilled to wear it to the BBB - Imade an appt for both of us - on the phone they said I needed to bring a comb - I didnt, but our hair is fine, so their thin fine combs worked ok -

Afterwards we did go on a few rides, and we did go to toontown, the pictures look awesome - make sure you show her how the Princesses pose and have her do the same (no big deal, but its so much fun - they hold one hand onto the skirt of their dress and stretch it out!! )

Also you go to the side of the castle towards Tomorrowland (so head towards tomorrowland, but stay on the left side - there is a photographer there - they call that the "Rose Garden" and its a "Kodak" place for a picture - its really beautiful to have the castle in the background!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter