Beware of stroller theives!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just because you use a stroller doesn't mean that you're inconsiderate to others, and vice versa. Just sayin'.

Just because you use a stroller doesn't mean that you're inconsiderate to others, and vice versa. Just sayin'.

Depends on the stroller. Umbrella stroller - sure. These:

41U6Ecb6ftL.jpg

?

Those should be banned. If you bring that into the park you're inconsiderate! Usually the people that bring those are the same ones who put their kids on their shoulders for fireworks when they could see just as well holding them at hip level - saving an extra 2' obstruction for other guests =)

So how do you lock the wheels on a phil n ted's stroller?

Run a cable bike lock through one of the rear wheels and over the handle or through the frame somewhere. It will prevent the stroller from being able to roll on all three wheels.

First RangerPooh I'm so glad you locked your stroller and it was not taken.
ChrisSd I am sorry you encountered rude people but I have twins and there is no way I could go to DL without my double stroller. I have a used stroller that is just for DL type trips. I tried to do our last day without the stroller and it was horrible. If you have a 1-1 ratio of adults to kids that is one thing but the stroller really is the safety thing when the parks are crowded

strollers.jpg

BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARFFFF

hehe, you're kinda cracking me up. And making the rebellious teenager left in me want to take the double BOB instead of the Volo/Beco combo... More flies with honey and all that :D

Gah! What is wrong with people? Stealing a child's mode of transport is just particularly scummy, even among scum.

I already had a bike lock tucked in our luggage for our upcoming trip. Sad that it's apparently a necessity :(
Funny, most of the strollers I've seen the past few years are just full of packages and junk the parents don't want to carry.

Little wonder why they get stolen, no? :rolleyes1

I think they've just become the bane of the parks. Especially those parents who buy the double wides that are as wide as a small car. SUV syndrome with strollers, hate it. Tired of being ran into by strollers being pushed by careless parents. How about when you're sitting down in the front of the hub 10 minutes before fireworks and some parent just *has to* push their giant stroller through the whole crowd - can't find another route? It just seems like people with strollers have this "right of way" mentality and we should all yield. I just got back from a 5 day trip - my stroller hate is at its peak! =)

My post mentioned able bodied kids and able bodied adults. If you have back issues or your child is too heavy for you, my statement excluded you =) I may be insensitive I guess, I carry my daughter on my back ( 48 lbs ) for miles hiking mountains.

I think the majority of people are just out of shape and lazy!

I hear you on not wanting to carry all of their stuff all day - I just rent a locker.

Wow! So Im out of shape and lazy because I use a stroller for DS1.5 when we're in Disneyland for 5 days? Seriously? Having a stroller for DS to ride in adds to his and my families enjoyment of the parks. He can sleep when he gets tired which means he's less cranky. There is no need for a toddler to walk around DL for any length of time, especially 12+ hours. Additionally there is no need for me as his parent to carry him for those 12+ hours. That would only lead to a sore, tired, cranky mommy or daddy and a tired a DS.
You do whats right for your family. I'll do whats right for mine. And that include bringing a stroller to DL.

Funny, most of the strollers I've seen the past few years are just full of packages and junk the parents don't want to carry.

Little wonder why they get stolen, no? :rolleyes1

I don't leave anything in my strollers except the rain and/or sun covers. But the strollers themselves have value.

It does go against common sense to leave valuables out and vulnerable, but still, I place the culpability of the crime squarely on the thief.

kirstie101 said:
Wow! So Im out of shape and lazy because I use a stroller for DS1.5 when we're in Disneyland for 5 days? Seriously? Having a stroller for DS to ride in adds to his and my families enjoyment of the parks. He can sleep when he gets tired which means he's less cranky. There is no need for a toddler to walk around DL for any length of time, especially 12+ hours. Additionally there is no need for me as his parent to carry him for those 12+ hours. That would only lead to a sore, tired, cranky mommy or daddy and a tired a DS.
You do whats right for your family. I'll do whats right for mine. And that include bringing a stroller to DL.

I think some people get confused with what works for their family and the ONLY way. Chris seems to have this problem (along with being judgmental and stereotyping people).

Many, many people bring strollers. Some are rude. Some are not. Many, many people don't bring strollers. Some are rude. Some are not.

I bring a carrier and a double stroller. My children are very young (9 months and just turned 3) and they can't walk all day and we don't want to carry them all the time along with the necessary stuff. Disney allows us to bring strollers, and as it is a place in part geared towards young kids and families, it should be no small surprise that strollers are present.

mhrebates said:
So how do you lock the wheels on a phil n ted's stroller?

We have one of the heavy duty bike locks were we thread it through the foot brake and wheel spokes and the place the lock on the other side. Then no one can cut it off :) And we only lock it to our stroller not to park property. CMs just prop up the back wheels to move it. Not too difficult, but you wouldn't want to do it with kids inside. That's be obvious you were stealing.

I guess I'm spoiled by a tough wife. 5'1" 105lbs, carries 40lb kid for hours no problem. We stay in shape though......makes life easy. Glad I don't need a giant land yacht to carry all the 'necessary' stuff! How did our ancestors ever make it without Hummer H2 strollers?

I'm glad you had a lock, and didn't lose your stroller. Those Phil and Ted's strollers are FABULOUS!

We use a stroller every time we go, and I wouldn't have it any other way. It makes hauling all of our stuff (food, diapers, wipes, drinks, purchases, etc) SO much easier, not to mention it's a safe place for my little girl to be when there is a large mass of people. 95% of the time, the people I see pushing strollers (even doubles) are just every day parents, hauling their kids, their stuff, and having a good time just like everyone else at Disney. Are there 5% of people who don't have a clue, and use their strollers like a battering ram? Sure. Just like there are 5% of non-stroller users who walk right in front of you pushing your stroller and get upset when you accidentally strike their leg. Just like some of the kids not in strollers run all over the place, and bump into adults. And, newsflash, we're all human. Sometimes when I'm pushing the stroller, I turn to look at my 6 year old, and bump into someone or something. Just like adults and children alike have accidentally bumped into me. What happens then? We say "I'm so sorry," smile and move on.

It's DISNEYLAND people, it's all about the HAPPY. Put on your big girl panties, have some fun, forgive and forget. Strollers, carriers, wheelchairs, scooters, kids, grown ups, we all get in each others' way, especially when there are so many people crammed into tight quarters. So what?

I guess I'm spoiled by a tough wife. 5'1" 105lbs, carries 40lb kid for hours no problem. We stay in shape though......makes life easy. Glad I don't need a giant land yacht to carry all the 'necessary' stuff! How did our ancestors ever make it without Hummer H2 strollers?

I think your point is made. Let's move on, please.

I got to Disneyland a lot, and though I've seen rude people with strollers, I've seen rude people without.

I always try to give the people pushing strollers a break because I see so many other people cut them off in big crowds.

After the fireworks last Sunday, I was at the hub and there was this father with a stroller facing a HUGE crowd exiting the park. I told him good luck, and he looked over, shrugged and smiled, and said something about he was there to have a good time, and had no intentions of trying to rush from the park.

I thought about the discussions that pop up now and then here on the boards, and thought how nice it would be if everyone had that attitude. :thumbsup2

So glad we've never needed/used strollers. DD4, DS2, and another on the way. Wraps are the best! All strollers do is clog up the park and slow you down. If you have a special needs child who needs one, no problem. Able bodied kids with able bodied parents sure don't need them!

Not every kid wants to be "worn". DD was fine in a Bjorn when she was 8 months old, but now at 18 months, there is no way she is going to cooperate.

I think they've just become the bane of the parks. Especially those parents who buy the double wides that are as wide as a small car. SUV syndrome with strollers, hate it. Tired of being ran into by strollers being pushed by careless parents. How about when you're sitting down in the front of the hub 10 minutes before fireworks and some parent just *has to* push their giant stroller through the whole crowd - can't find another route? It just seems like people with strollers have this "right of way" mentality and we should all yield. I just got back from a 5 day trip - my stroller hate is at its peak! =)

My post mentioned able bodied kids and able bodied adults. If you have back issues or your child is too heavy for you, my statement excluded you =) I may be insensitive I guess, I carry my daughter on my back ( 48 lbs ) for miles hiking mountains.

I think the majority of people are just out of shape and lazy!

I hear you on not wanting to carry all of their stuff all day - I just rent a locker.

Don't hate the stroller....hate the parents pushing the stroller. :)

I do hear you on the rude people who assume they have the right of way. We plan to bring a double stroller for our 18 month old and 4 year old for our upcoming trip, but it's not a double wide (I don't care for those) it's a front and a back seater. I am definitely mindful of other people when pushing my stroller. I am definitely not fat or lazy, I am just mindful of the comfort of my kids, and what they will and will not do. My 18 month old will not put up with being worn, and my 4 year old.....not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter