Beware gas price gouging!

livsea2

Mouseketeer
I saw a news report on TV while in Disney that several gas stations in Orlando were cited for gas price gouging. It didn't seem to change the price signs thought. The gas stations on Disney property were charging $1.17 for Regular. just outside at crossroads the stations were charging $1.45-$1.47. yet I got gas on International Drive up near Belz outlets for $.96. Disney is always a little higher (for everything) but $1.45 is obscene!

There is a very reasonable gas station on 192 east of main gate, not far past the I-4 interchange. As you head east, its on the left with a big sign proclaiming their prices and you almost can't miss it.

More Disney tips:
http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/disney.htm

9/65 Disneyland
3/75 (World Inn* off I4 near DD)
4/85 (Kon-Tiki* on 192)
'80s Disneyland once or twice
7/94 POR
9/97 ASMu
11/98 ASMu
12/98 (Knights Inn on 192)
9/99 ASMo
12/00 ASSp
9/01 ASSp
11/01 ASSp
*no longer exists

Those gas stations have always charged up to 50 cents more per gallon than the cheapest gas within a few miles. I would be very happy if they would be charged with price gouging!

I saw the report while I was there From Dec1-Dec6th The report was on the
price gouging that stations did on Sept 11. When they jacked up the gas to over $2 a gallon.
And those station right outside of DD are at $1.45. (CRAZY) and you see people buying it. Go down about a mile south on 535 and there was a hess at $.99 On I-drive by the Wyndham it was $1.04, which is what I paid to top off the car before the airport.

Joe

The name of the gas station was called Racetrack I think.. We filled up our national car the day of our departure.. It was on 192 right next to the I-4 .. we paid .99 cents a gallon whereas the two stations on the corner of Apopka-Vineland and 535 next to the IHOP was 1.47 .. I also noticed that prices were cheaper on-site.. that usually doesnt happen .. On-site being cheaper..

There is a station across the street from where the Bahama Breeze is located. It is in front of a Chick-fi-let and a Wendy's. It is right when you come out of part of Vistana Resort. I believe it is on what is called 536. Anyways that station in notorious for charging $1.45 when most of the other stations in the area are around $1.15. Just a way to nail unsuspecting tourists. I hope this is one of the stations that was investigated.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter