Beware Disney payment online

clombardi

DIS Veteran
I have been making $100 payments on our August vacation about every two weeks. I've had no problems, until today that is!

I went on to make a payment, checking the box that shows I don't want to pay the full amount. I typed in 100.00. AFter I hit the button to make the payment, the page took forever to load or refresh or whatever it does. Then a strange white screen popped up for about 2 seconds. The only words I caught on the screen before it disappeared were "failed" and "cancel."

The site then took my back to that "My Vacation" page. There was no conformation that a payment was made.

I went back after an hour, and saw that my reservation was now completely paid off! YIIIIIKKKKKES! :scared1:

This payment came out of my checking account, and pretty much wiped it out!

I had to scramble to transfer money from my savings to checking to offset the amount so that any other outstanding checks or payments to other businesses wouldn't bounce.

I think I'll try to look on the bright side...my trip is paid off!:rotfl:

Sorry, Thats why I book over the phone. You can make additional payments until your ressie is paid. I like to clear the balance before my stay.

As unpredictable as Disney's website has been since their conversion, I wouldn't trust it with payments. I can barely get a quote out of it, on a good day. I wonder if they designed it in-house or out sourced it? I sure do miss the old system.

This has happened to us. If you call, they have it right. It just the site.

I would call and make sure.

That's why I do everything with a person and get their name. I've had more than one mistake made by a CM. I guess I trust a human more than a computer. I had a samiliar problem with a ressie one year at Amerisuites when we were going to Universal first.

I have been making $100 payments on our August vacation about every two weeks. I've had no problems, until today that is!

I went on to make a payment, checking the box that shows I don't want to pay the full amount. I typed in 100.00. AFter I hit the button to make the payment, the page took forever to load or refresh or whatever it does. Then a strange white screen popped up for about 2 seconds. The only words I caught on the screen before it disappeared were "failed" and "cancel."

The site then took my back to that "My Vacation" page. There was no conformation that a payment was made.

I went back after an hour, and saw that my reservation was now completely paid off! YIIIIIKKKKKES! :scared1:

This payment came out of my checking account, and pretty much wiped it out!

I had to scramble to transfer money from my savings to checking to offset the amount so that any other outstanding checks or payments to other businesses wouldn't bounce.

I think I'll try to look on the bright side...my trip is paid off!:rotfl:

LOL! Props to you for looking on the bright side :thumbsup2

Yeah, def do payments over the phone from now on... the whole online system is pretty sketchy sometimes. It really shows technology (or Bill Gates) that we can't rely on computers for everything....

We always book our trip on the phone, it's fun and exciting to listen to the music while we wait on hold.. lol

This happened to me too, but I called, and they refunded the amount within 24 hours. If you don't want to pay off right now, just call them.

I don't get the whole incremental payment concept. In the past, and as recently as just a couple months ago, when you make your reservations, you pay for one night, then pay the balance upon check-in. That's what we're doing for our upcoming Poly stay for the 4th of July. Are some guests now required to incrementally pay it off before hand?

I don't get the whole incremental payment concept. In the past, and as recently as just a couple months ago, when you make your reservations, you pay for one night, then pay the balance upon check-in. That's what we're doing for our upcoming Poly stay for the 4th of July. Are some guests now required to incrementally pay it off before hand?

It is not a requirement at all. I just like to pay it a little at a time so that I barely notice the money missing. I'm just more comfortable with that than paying the whole thing at once.

For those who take a package.. a 200$ deposit is taken at time of reservation and the entire balance of a package is due and payable at the 45th day PRIOR to check-in.

For those who take room-only reservations, you may pay just one night's deposit and the balance at check-in.

If I was doing a big package, I'd probably want to pay it down incrementally as much as I could.

:)

Knox

One of the things I have noticed when I have made payments online is that there are TWO places you have to make it clear you are paying only a portion. I can't remember now where it is, and I just tried to go make a payment so I can explain, but of course I can't log in. LOL!

One of the things I have noticed when I have made payments online is that there are TWO places you have to make it clear you are paying only a portion. I can't remember now where it is, and I just tried to go make a payment so I can explain, but of course I can't log in. LOL!

I had caught this the last time I had made a payment. I had almost paid off my trip at one shot as well.

The same thing happened to me on Friday afternoon! :eek:
I wanted to just pay $100 toward my balance and went through all boxes, unchecked "Pay Full Balance" and typed in the amount I wanted to pay- $100.
I then entered my bank information and hit the submit or continue button.

I then received a message that said that my payment did not go through and it immediately brought me back to the payment page, and the cursor was in the position where the credit card information is entered. This section was highlighted. I then re-entered the same bank information and submitted.

A few minutes later, I went to check my balance and noticed that it had taken out the full remaining balance. Yikes !!
I immediately call Disney to explain and they said they would look into it.
It seems that when it brought me back to the payment screen, all the other information remained as I had filled it in, but it reset my payment amount to "full payment", not the $100 I originally typed in.

They said they would credit back the difference and sent me an email today to confirm this, but I am still waiting. In the mean time, there are other bills that I now can't pay while I'm waiting for this to clear-up.

They said they would credit back the difference and sent me an email today to confirm this, but I am still waiting. In the mean time, there are other bills that I now can't pay while I'm waiting for this to clear-up.

I hoped that they informed you that it could take as much as 7 business days for the credit to go back into your account. It has nothing to do with Disney but your bank, they have to received a "hard copy" from Disney saying its ok to put the money back into your account. I work for a catalog/website clothing company and when we get items back it always takes 5-7 days before the refund shows up in bank acct or credit card. I hope you have time on some of those bills. Good Luck!

Wow! Thanks for the heads up on this. I too want to pay off our vacation a little at a time. I could do it all at once but prefer not to miss the money. I take out (cash back) an extra 10 when I go to the grocery store just so I can put it to the side for vacation. I know crazy! ..lol

Tiffany

Seems like the "new" website sure has been a dissappointment. Lots of complaints pop up about bookings, changes, payments. I thought mine was minor. I did the make your own customized park trip maps. When they came in the mail, I noticed that some things we checked weren't shown and that some things we didn't want to do were on the map. That's nothing to possibly getting overdrawn on your checking account just by trying to make a payment on a trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter