Beverly Soda Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies' started by Unca_Scrooge, Aug 10, 2012.

1. DisneyDetective

DisneyDetective DIS Veteran

Is it a slushy? Never heard of the drink you are all talking about.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. martinp13

martinp13 Mouseketeer

I like it too, and always mess with people in Club Cool. The old fake out of wandering up, get a cup, think about what you're going to get, choose Beverly, fill the cup, then sip it, then chug it. :) I had a guy nearby almost throw up after seeing me do that. :lmao:

I understand if a person doesn't like it, but why expect that everyone doesn't like it? Why are people amazed that others like Beverly? Kinda silly.

4. MOM POPPINS

MOM POPPINS <font color=red>I keep getting SOUVENIRS (wink) wh

Before Beverly
    [​IMG]
    After Beverly
    [​IMG]

5. DM4Life3

DM4Life3 Donald Duck's Anger Management Coach (We're Workin

It has grown on me. My DW is not a fan.

6. jesswindsor

jesswindsor DIS Veteran

I think that some people act like Beverly is worse than it really is. Some people like and enjoy it, most people would rather not have seconds. I love it just for peoples reactions when trying it for the first time, especially children. For that alone is reason enough for me to say that I enjoy Beverly.

7. KellyNY

KellyNY DIS Veteran

To everyone who likes Beverly I sugest to go to one of russian or pollish stores and try Kvas, also kind of bitter taste and really good.

8. PrincessAurora

PrincessAurora <font color=blue>Hmpphh! Who needs that boy in gre

My best friend, who drinks Campari, thinks it's lovely. I think she is sniffing glue. I love gin and tonics but can do without the taste of baby aspirin and spit. :sick: I can't even think how many Chinese watermelon and Kinley Lemon drinks it took to wash the taste from my mouth.

9. rainydayplay

rainydayplay DIS Veteran

A couple years ago, I saw a kid eyeing the Beverly. I told him everything is good except that one. You really don't want to try it.

He loaded his cup up and tossed it down...and gagged. Then had that "Why didn't you warn me???" look on his face. :rotfl2:

Poor kid's grandmother was standing there. "She TOLD you so."

Now I just try to tell everyone how wonderful it is and convince them to try it. If they aren't going to listen to me anyway.... :rolleyes1

10. Brian Noble

Brian Noble His Curmudgeonly Highness

Add me to the list of Beverly fans---but I'm a fan of bitter drinks generally. For example, I also like Campari.

11. Winka

Winka <font color=navy>The sole person in the world who

You can still get the Beverly at Epcot? But it's not at Ice Station Cool anymore, rt? Where is this Club Cool? I'm out of the loop.

I like the Bev.:drinking1

12. lightmoonstone

lightmoonstone Mouseketeer

Um....nice to see people actually like the stuff...I'll just say that it certainly wasn't for me.

13. Winka

Winka <font color=navy>The sole person in the world who

I forgot about my tag, too. That's a dusty old tag from almost a decade ago! But apparently, for some anyway, the Bev's still got IT.;)

14. tracyheartsmickey

tracyheartsmickey Mouseketeer

:thumbsup2

15. Gorechick

Gorechick DIS Veteran

Can't wait for my twins to try this. I will def have the camera ready.

16. larryz

larryz A few of my favorite turrets... DIS Lifetime Sponsor

Sign me on! :drinking1

17. larryz

larryz A few of my favorite turrets... DIS Lifetime Sponsor

And sweet vrrrrrrrrrr-mouth!

18. Brit_Jude

Brit_Jude DIS Veteran

Out local World Market store had the Chinotto in this evening. They are having an Italian themed display at the moment.

I like the Beverly and Campari too. I lived in Italy for 7 years so I guess that might have something to do with it ;)

19. Micca

Micca Where there's a will, there's an heir

Not to detract from those who love Beverly, there's a really delicious watermelon flavor drink (might be from Israel?). That's some good stuff:earsboy:

20. Scrooge McDuck fan

Scrooge McDuck fan How do you know when you run out of invisible ink?

years and years ago when i first tried it i found it vile.I kept trying it year after year because it was an annual disney experience,however I now love it and find it very refreshing.I look forward to it every trip!!!!

21. tinkerbesh

tinkerbesh Mouseketeer

Sorry I can't even pretend I like it... But I had to chime in to share a story--

A few weeks ago I saw a boy (about 8 or 9 years old) at the soda fountain. He was having a great time trying lots of flavors, and he was very vocal talking about how good a bunch of the flavors were. His friend or sibling (slightly younger boy) went around the corner when he got to Beverly-- it was like a sit-com set up -- he said "Ooh- I'm gonna try this one- Beverly." (And no one was there to watch but us.) And as he took a sip he went silent, froze, and made the most horrible disgusted face! But the best part was he immediately shook it off when the younger boy came back around the corner, and of course he said to the younger boy "Hey- you gotta try Beverly- it's the best one!" And the younger boy had the same horrified reaction when he took a sip... :rotfl: